[Guide] Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Clover UEFI Install/Tweak guide

xpamamadeus

465 posts in this topic

I have 1.0 rev. I had the same wake problem after flash... also do not ask how I fix it... but what I did last:

I set BIOS like in this tutorial... Flashed last ME Firmware... reboot in osx without dsdt... made new dsdt with patches in this order Gigabyte, Nvidia (and for you H4000) turned of PC completely from power outlet for couple minutes...

and now all forks fine... I do not know how it can help but this how I done it...

• Like 1

Heyas folks!

So I recently installed Clover on a USB stick and I must say I am impressed. Other than not being nearly as user friendly as Chameleon/Chimera it works great, especially with my 7950HD being able to boot with IGPU off (no more blind boot). I do have some kinks to work out and have a couple of questions. 

First, when booting from a USB stick, do I place an EFI folder on my System drive, like the Extras folder for Chameleon? Or do I make all changes to the EFI folder on the EFI partition of the USB stick?

Second, I can not seem to get the Macmini6,2 SMBios to stick. No matter what I try it will always default to iMac12,2. For testing sake, I just used xpamamadeus's config.plist from his so I assumed all would be well. What am I overlooking?

Install to the EFI partition on the USB stick and make changes to that, especially when testing.

sudo nvram -c should wipe your nvram, that might be causing the SMBIOS glitch, what does it say in the Clover menu SMBIOS section?

I am on Clover_v1778 and getting ready to flash my GTX650 Ti to UEFI GOP bios. Is there anything other I need to change than disabling CSM to get fully working UEFI?

Thanks

I installed windows just to flash the UEFI GOP bios to my msi 660 TF, disabling CSM now actually saves in the bios and I get full native resolution in bios and clover so I know it's working via full UEFI. My install won't sleep either, My bios settings are identical to xpamamadeus, bios F15r, not sure what version of it. I think I basically have the exact same hardware. I'm booting from discrete, everything works but sleep, I don't really use sleep much, if ever, but would be interested in solving it.

Thanks for the great resources, you've really helped me understand how clover works and I feel like I have a decent grasp of it after knowing nothing about it prior.

Ok, after checking my work, and placing the config.plist in both the EFI and OEM folders (still not sure which one to use) on my USB stick everything seems to be working good. No problems with USB/firewire or audio (generated and edited my own DSDT) and Pstates all work as they should. System now is showing as Macmini6,2 as well. I just have a few more snaggs I need to fix.

Not that it really matters, but how do I get SP to show my 7950HD as such, and not 7xxx? It it as simple as GraphicsInjector=yes?

How do I show my Windows 8  as well as my 10.9 DP drives during the Clover selection screen?

When Clover boots, once it reads the Kernel cache, it takes a long time (trying?) to load drivers. I get 6 lines of "......................" before I get the standard Darwin boot. I don't believe I have any drivers to load, so how can I skip this?

:P

config.plist.zip

Ok, after checking my work, and placing the config.plist in both the EFI and OEM folders (still not sure which one to use) on my USB stick everything seems to be working good. No problems with USB/firewire or audio (generated and edited my own DSDT) and Pstates all work as they should. System now is showing as Macmini6,2 as well. I just have a few more snaggs I need to fix.

Not that it really matters, but how do I get SP to show my 7950HD as such, and not 7xxx? It it as simple as GraphicsInjector=yes?

How do I show my Windows 8  as well as my 10.9 DP drives during the Clover selection screen?

When Clover boots, once it reads the Kernel cache, it takes a long time (trying?) to load drivers. I get 6 lines of "......................" before I get the standard Darwin boot. I don't believe I have any drivers to load, so how can I skip this?

:P

try this config and install latest clover. config.plist.zip

inject graphics from dsdt using "Generic Discrete Graphics (AMD/nVidia)" dsdt patch.

If u install windows 8 legacy not uefi it will show up uisng this new config.plist.

u were using -v in config.plist soo clover display loading drivers...

Hi all.

i would like to share my new modded bios with integrated dsdt into firmware and my EFI folder that work perfectly with this bios.

All drivers are integrated into bios soo no need for any drivers in clover folder.

DSDT have hd 4000 hdmi patch soo its not good for discrete gpu i think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ior4r1gz827ggph/siP02-CXPZ

This bios not working with windows 8 uefi (get some acpi error and blue screen) :D,i didnt try it with other windows soo i can say its OSX only bios.

If u dont use windows on this mobo its perfect bios for u.

For any need of using windows on this board u can use bios switch and use other windows compatible bios.

• Like 1

Hi again.

New bios for u guys.

This one have Ozmosis integrated and working.

For now i test powermanagment working without a problem.

Sleep wake work without problems.

USB 3/2 working

Working with CSM enabled and disabled.

Soo its UEFI and legacy!

As i see it all working for now.

With this u dont need fakesmc and no other bootloader needed.

Only kext u need its attached .

All u need to do its flash  this bios and select what u want to boot from mobo bootmanager.

Enjoy!

Work to be done in future...

There still free space in bios and i will try to integrate network kext too.

When this its done we can use original osx installer without any kext needed but only applehda.

Now this board work like real mac :D :D :D

• Like 3

LOL.

"Brainless hackintoshing" ©

Yes :D just like Quo board..maybe even better..

I try to overclock and its working.

Aug 21 23:35:57 localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 35 ]
Aug 21 23:35:57 localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 35 ]
Aug 21 23:36:07 localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 18 35 ]
Aug 21 23:36:11 localhost kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 18 35 42 ]
Aug 21 23:36:29 miljenko kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 17 18 35 42 ]
Aug 21 23:37:24 miljenko kernel[0]: AICPUPMI: CPU P-States [ 16 17 18 19 35 42 ]

It seems as a perfect bootloader this Ozmosis...

• Like 1

Hi again.

New bios for u guys.

This is simply amazing. I am excited to try this out but I do have some questions.

With this u don't need fakesmc and no other bootloader needed.

All u need to do its flash  this bios and select what u want to boot from mobo bootmanager.

So, I flash the board's BIOS like I would any real BIOS? And am I reading this right, but there is no more need for a boot-loader (Chameleon/Clover), I simply select the EFI System drive by pressing F12? This works for OS X AND Windows 8? And you say FakeSMC is no longer needed, so I trash it? And what about hardware sensors, do they work?

As well, what about the other hardware and their comparabilities? You say a patched AppleHDA is still needed, but what about an HDAEnabler? Before a kext or DSDT edits were needed, is that integrated into this BIOS as well? Also, how are discreet and internal graphics working? Would I need to disable IGFX or will HD4000 work with my 7950HD without issues. As well, what about HDMI audio?

Lastly, the Z77XUD5H.kext, what does it do, and I place that in S/L/E?

Sorry for all the questions, but as stated I am excited about this! I just don't want to mess anything up. I am by all means not a novice, but this is heading into new territory. :P

This is simply amazing. I am excited to try this out but I do have some questions.

So, I flash the board's BIOS like I would any real BIOS? And am I reading this right, but there is no more need for a boot-loader (Chameleon/Clover), I simply select the EFI System drive by pressing F12? This works for OS X AND Windows 8? And you say FakeSMC is no longer needed, so I trash it? And what about hardware sensors, do they work?

As well, what about the other hardware and their comparabilities? You say a patched AppleHDA is still needed, but what about an HDAEnabler? Before a kext or DSDT edits were needed, is that integrated into this BIOS as well? Also, how are discreet and internal graphics working? Would I need to disable IGFX or will HD4000 work with my 7950HD without issues. As well, what about HDMI audio?

Lastly, the Z77XUD5H.kext, what does it do, and I place that in S/L/E?

Sorry for all the questions, but as stated I am excited about this! I just don't want to mess anything up. I am by all means not a novice, but this is heading into new territory. :P

u just choose osx hdd by pressing f12.

This does not work with windows becouse it have dsdt edits for osx.

U can trash fakesmc if using this bios,hardware sensors work.

There its no need for hdaenabler since dsdt edits for this.

I dont know how a discrete gpu its working since i dont have one right now.

I can say that hd 4000 its working with hdmi audio but cannot say nothing about dual cards.

Z77XUD5H.kext its for injecting Marvel Sata controler information and there are intel and atheros  ethernet kext plus hardware sensors plugins in there.

Using this bootloader there are some diferences about CPU info.

About this mac says its max turbo frequency set in bios,before using clover there wass always 3.5ghz.

Some pictures

IPYQVCH.png

lvGhHuO.png

gawfPVX.png

This does not work with windows becouse it have dsdt edits for osx.

I guess it is a plus that our mainboard has a dual bios!  :thumbsup_anim:

(I assume there is no issue with flicking the switch to boot to Windows?)

I think some one can edit DSDT for OSX and Windows with some if(....) - just more work....

just one big problem is NVRAM since windows does not like Clover driver.... hope GB can give as real nvram back or some one will mode it some day, since some one is working for unlock asus BIOSs....

more Fun!!! GJ  xpamamadeus!!!

I think some one can edit DSDT for OSX and Windows with some if(....) - just more work....

Unfortunately not possible me thinks; correct me if I am wrong. The reason being a DSDT is essentially a copy of the BIOS. We edit the DSDT with Mac variables so that OS X will run as native (vanilla) as possible. Injecting an edited DSDT into the BIOS ROM file will mean that Windows will be confused, the same way that OS X would be with the OEM BIOS. So, unless we can somehow use a DSDT with the OEM variables for Windows boot, not possible. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a built in boot-loader into the BIOS configured to run OS X native. Kudos to Gigabyte for actually making a main-board that that is as close to perfect as they come. :)

Like I said previous, we have a dual BIOS, with a physical switch. Personally, that would be fine for me as I only use Windows for games. Flicking a switch is no different that pushing a button on my PS3. :P

Hi xpa, thank you for all of your work!

If I want to run Windows 7 64-bit UEFI + OSX Mountain Lion (on separate HDDs) with HD4000 and Discrete GPU enabled (Nvidia GTX 670 with UEFI BIOS), which tutorial/BIOS should I use?

I'm unfamiliar with making a "custom BIOS" but I'd be interested in learning to make the best system for my needs.

Thanks!

Hi again.

New bios for u guys.

For now i test powermanagment working without a problem.

Sleep wake work without problems.

USB 3/2 working

Working with CSM enabled and disabled.

Soo its UEFI and legacy!

As i see it all working for now.

With this u dont need fakesmc and no other bootloader needed.

Only kext u need its attached .

Enjoy!

Work to be done in future...

There still free space in bios and i will try to integrate network kext too.

When this its done we can use original osx installer without any kext needed but only applehda.

Now this board work like real mac :D :D :D

Only for this main ?

Excellent work XP, I will have a play this evening. I mainly use Parallels to run Windows 8 but like other have to run it to flash the ME Firmware (Windows To Go from a 64GB USB3 stick).

Regarding the other problem I have, do you have a front audio header connected as it seems now you use HD4000 and onboard audio the same as me?

Unfortunately not possible me thinks; correct me if I am wrong. The reason being a DSDT is essentially a copy of the BIOS. We edit the DSDT with Mac variables so that OS X will run as native (vanilla) as possible. Injecting an edited DSDT into the BIOS ROM file will mean that Windows will be confused, the same way that OS X would be with the OEM BIOS. So, unless we can somehow use a DSDT with the OEM variables for Windows boot, not possible. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a built in boot-loader into the BIOS configured to run OS X native. Kudos to Gigabyte for actually making a main-board that that is as close to perfect as they come. :)

Like I said previous, we have a dual BIOS, with a physical switch. Personally, that would be fine for me as I only use Windows for games. Flicking a switch is no different that pushing a button on my PS3. :P

There are OSYS version check embedded to determine the OS that is being ran for a good reason, you know. So everything you've said is a nonsense. This can be done and this has been done already...

just one big problem is NVRAM since windows does not like Clover driver.... hope GB can give as real nvram back or some one will mode it some day, since some one is working for unlock asus BIOSs....

more Fun!!! GJ  xpamamadeus!!!

with Ozmosis bootloader we dont need nvram and clover driver...

sure that someone can edit dsdt right way for all OS ,Quo board already have this done...

Only for this main ?

no,i think that can work for all...

There are OSYS version check embedded to determine the OS that is being ran for a good reason, you know. So everything you've said is a nonsense. This can be done and this has been done already...

True.

I need to work now on DSDT.

My DSDT its fixed using PJALM patches for this board.

I will try to reduce number of patches and try what this even bootloader needs..

maybe this bootloader will inject graphics and sound correctly..

Only thing that i really need from dsdt its USB 2/3 multiplex patch.

Will report when i fix this DSDT and make a perfect Ozmosis mod for this board.

with Ozmosis bootloader we dont need nvram and clover driver... sure that someone can edit dsdt right way for all OS ,Quo board already have this done...no,i think that can work for all...

Wait your news for 4206 unterstand?

U great milj

Carmine

Ok here we have new ozmosis 2 firmware.

This work with dual graphics

Work with only HD 4000

Work with Discrete GPU

HDMI and all other injectors need to be in DSDT.aml

This dont have dsdt integrated into firmware soo u can use your own dsdt.

U need to flash this firmware and it will work for windows and osx.

How to use your own dsdt?

Mount your efi partition and find Quo folder and just put DSDT.aml into this folder like on picture.

mxe15EI.png

Enjoy!

Ozmosis v2

• Like 1