[Guide] Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Clover UEFI Install/Tweak guide

xpamamadeus

465 posts in this topic

hi!

I have been testing the system for some days and i have some problems/questions:

- Is it possible to sleep with both Integrated and Discrete Graphics enabled? I cannot.

Bios F16c clean and patched with pjalm´s gigabyte-discrete-hd4000 patches.

After waking the computer, no screen so I have to reboot

No problem when only Discrete is enabled. Sleeps works

- I think the voltage readings from fakeSMC plugins are wrong after I boot with CSM set to never (I get RAM=2v and CPU fixed to 1.056V)

- Firewire GUID error after sleep even with Uefi driver.

Is there anyway to prevent the system from logging this error until the problem is solved?

Thanks

I tried this on a fresh install using chameleon. Did it step by step and while it did boot my smbios settings do not stick at all and during the verbose boot which I would love to get rid of it says my CPU is undetected.. I do not know if this the right place to ask for help but I definitely need some..

@xpamamadeus,

Firstly I want to say thanks for your detailed instruction for the board. This thread helps me a lot for my build.

But one thing i want to ask you is about rc scripts.
For me that would not work at startup.

Typing manually sudo /etc/rc.local & rc.shutdown.local in terminal, I can get the logs and EFI mounting. Nvram contents is saved with Emuvariables.

Clover.MountEFI 5531118A-3C7A-4E61-AA21-9C545F3C3756
Clover.RamDisk 01BA6A9F-90E7-446C-92D4-72CC1930D159
Clover.BackupDirOnDestVol Yes
Clover.Theme black_green
Clover.LogEveryBoot 10
Clover.LogLineCount 3000
Clover.NVRamDisk Yes
Clover.KeepBackupLimit 3

I may be missing something. But could you please tell me how to shoot my trouble?

p. s.
Wow! You already testing Mavericks? And even 16941 is great score than mine!!

EDIT: I'm using 15r bios.

any way to get read off thunderbolt firmware update 1.2 in app store for SMBIOS for iMac13,2 ? Thx

I did try to use full SMBios:

<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>10/12/2012</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.010A.B05.1211151146</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Inc.</string>
		<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		<string>C02KM7XXXXMP</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>iMac13,2</string>
		<key>SMfamily</key>
		<string>iMac</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>C02KM7XXXXMP</string>
	</dict>

but it does not change ROM version in system info to this one after boot....  any way to make it change? 

@xpamamadeus,

Firstly I want to say thanks for your detailed instruction for the board. This thread helps me a lot for my build.

But one thing i want to ask you is about rc scripts.

For me that would not work at startup.

Typing manually sudo /etc/rc.local & rc.shutdown.local in terminal, I can get the logs and EFI mounting. Nvram contents is saved with Emuvariables.

Clover.MountEFI 5531118A-3C7A-4E61-AA21-9C545F3C3756
Clover.RamDisk 01BA6A9F-90E7-446C-92D4-72CC1930D159
Clover.BackupDirOnDestVol Yes
Clover.Theme black_green
Clover.LogEveryBoot 10
Clover.LogLineCount 3000
Clover.NVRamDisk Yes
Clover.KeepBackupLimit 3

I may be missing something. But could you please tell me how to shoot my trouble?

p. s.

Wow! You already testing Mavericks? And even 16941 is great score than mine!!

EDIT: I'm using 15r bios.

Sry cannot help about this,try in clover thread.

I wass never having problems with scripts.

can you show as how to install mavericks pls?

Will update guide when we Maverick goes final.

Can you please publish your SMBIOS for iMac13,2?

Thanks.

Smbios its automatically genereated with Clover,

i have only this and serial generated with chameleon wizard

<key>ProductName</key>
 <string>iMac13,2</string>

Xpamamadeus, your CPU is overclocked, high? Otherwise these numbers are close to a supernatural event.

P.S.: anyway, i can also confirm the huge performance boost with Mavericks: got over 11.600 points with my Core i5 3570 at stock speed!

• Like 1

Xpamamadeus, your CPU is overclocked, high? Otherwise these numbers are close to a supernatural event.

P.S.: anyway, i can also confirm the huge performance boost with Mavericks: got over 11.600 points with my Core i5 3570 at stock speed!

Yes its overclocked to 4.7ghz.

Its all like in this guide.

I just wanna point that they are doing something good under the hood.

• Like 1

I installed windows just to flash the UEFI GOP bios to my msi 660 TF, disabling CSM now actually saves in the bios and I get full native resolution in bios and clover so I know it's working via full UEFI. My install won't sleep either, My bios settings are identical to xpamamadeus, bios F15r, not sure what version of it. I think I basically have the exact same hardware. I'm booting from discrete, everything works but sleep, I don't really use sleep much, if ever, but would be interested in solving it.

Thanks for the great resources, you've really helped me understand how clover works and I feel like I have a decent grasp of it after knowing nothing about it prior.

I installed windows just to flash the UEFI GOP bios to my msi 660 TF, disabling CSM now actually saves in the bios and I get full native resolution in bios and clover so I know it's working via full UEFI. My install won't sleep either, My bios settings are identical to xpamamadeus, bios F15r, not sure what version of it. I think I basically have the exact same hardware. I'm booting from discrete, everything works but sleep, I don't really use sleep much, if ever, but would be interested in solving it.

Thanks for the great resources, you've really helped me understand how clover works and I feel like I have a decent grasp of it after knowing nothing about it prior.

I'm not suture for 100% I did not done all testing before I upgraded my bios to 16c its much better...

But sleep does not work cos of 15r or I think cos of just nvidia HDMI fix....

What I want to say sleep didn't work for me cos I just apply nvidia HDMI patch... But when I apply hd4000 then nvidia patch sleep works fine... Looks strange but how it worked for me...

How would one go about using this guide to do a completely fresh install? I am having trouble after updating to 10.8.4 with very similar hardware (GTX 670) and can still boot using -x and enoch bootloader but if this guide helps get everything working much more quickly then trying to troubleshoot my problems (thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289944-1084-and-gtx-670/) Thanks for your help.

How would one go about using this guide to do a completely fresh install? I am having trouble after updating to 10.8.4 with very similar hardware (GTX 670) and can still boot using -x and enoch bootloader but if this guide helps get everything working much more quickly then trying to troubleshoot my problems (thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289944-1084-and-gtx-670/) Thanks for your help.

i used the first post in this thread to do a totally new install from nothing. just start with the end of it first, making the clover install usb.

1. update & setup bios as first post instructs

2. use a mac you already have to set up the usb install ( if you want to be really lazy just copy his oem folder to your usb, maybe ditch his dsdt)

the instructions aren't necessarily in order for a brand new install, but they're all there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Spent FOREVER trying to do a clean USB install with this guide using Clover r1928, but wasn't able to get to the second stage of the install. Switched to r1750 and everything went perfect. Ugh.

I don't post much but just wanted to say great guide and great work. I now have a uefi clover box running like a champ. My video card under chameleon always showed 1gig memory, when there was 2 gig. All I had to do was load audio kext and fakesmc and that is it. Have recovery partion. I am loving life. Boots faster. Just a better box now. Off all week gonna do laptop now. It is a asus g75vw. I know video don't work but not gamer so it won't be that bad, I do my job via command line anyway. If any help is needed on the z77x-ud5h clover install pm me and I will be more than happy to help out. :) :) :)

• Like 1