[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

@GhostRaider did u facing the sleep problem, in this case (my notebook) Acer 4739, when i click the sleep menu it sleep, but after wake my laptop i can't do anything, in this case the system got freeze, i can't type or even move my cursor, what should i do, did you have the solution?? 

Thanks in again :yes:  hehehe

@GhostRaider did u facing the sleep problem, in this case (my notebook) Acer 4739, when i click the sleep menu it sleep, but after wake my laptop i can't do anything, in this case the system got freeze, i can't type or even move my cursor, what should i do, did you have the solution?? 

Thanks in again :yes:  hehehe

I never fixed sleep since I don't use that laptop as my main machine anymore. I'm not exactly sure what triggers the framebuffer to enable the display again after sleep. It could well be a DSDT issue. I'm not sure if the framebuffer plist features do have an effect on wakeup as well.

I never fixed sleep since I don't use that laptop as my main machine anymore. I'm not exactly sure what triggers the framebuffer to enable the display again after sleep. It could well be a DSDT issue. I'm not sure if the framebuffer plist features do have an effect on wakeup as well.

okay, i think i also need to fix the dsdt too.... thanks again though  :yes:

Hi, I have a Medion Laptop E7216.

System is 10.10.5 with Clover
SMBios: MacBookPro6,1
The computer runs a long time perfectly.

My Specs:
CPU: i3 380M (Steps: x7, x11, x14, x16, x18, x19)
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Screen brightness adjustable with IntelBacklight.kext and DSDT/PNLF entries (keys: Pause and FN Numlook). -----> all ok
Battery indicator: comes with Patch -----> all ok
Sleep is complete, via FN F2 (sleep button), close the lid and of course Timed for battery operation and power supply -----> all ok
LAN, WLAN, Audio, USB2, USB3 -----> all ok
Graphics: Intel HD IronLake (8086-0046) native 1600x900 17" QE/CI patch 288MB (DualLink, LW1, alternate2) -----> all ok

external only HDMI and DP (not VGA) -----> not ok

Is there already a patch for HDMI or DP-Out?

If I delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, then goes DP-out without QE/CI and the internal display is black.

Guys, I'm making this official... I will no longer be following this thread.  I have since gotten a new MacBook Pro (well, refurbished), and that's on top of my cousin's older MacBook I had gotten last year.  Due to hard drive issues on the HP computer that I had Hackintoshed that had this GPU, I am no longer using it.  As such, I am no longer willing to support or follow developments in the Intel HD Graphics Hackintosh field.

While installing OS X on a PC had been of interest to me (mainly when I still was a PC person), I no longer have the need to be using it.  All I really did was contribute information from other people and help put together another guide on creating the Resolution module for Chameleon.  RemC only provided a way so that you don't have to manually put in your EDID information directly into the source code for it to work.  The compiled module and the source code is already public if you still are in need of using it.  Furthermore, I had since stopped using the Chameleon boot loader altogether in favor of Clover.  I also was then an advocate to patch the framebuffer on-the-fly, as the framebuffer's patching was now the primary focus of enabling Intel HD Graphics (assuming you had LVDS support, which I did).  We now have accomplished that, too.

While installing OS X on PCs may continue to be a hobby of mine, I don't really have a computer that needs to do that myself.  I am not a programmer, let alone a developer, so I wouldn't be able to do much to help further developments anyways.  Between the framebuffer being the key issue, and being able to patch both the VBIOS and framebuffer on-the-fly in Clover anyway (which is, IMO, a more advanced, superior bootloader to Chameleon).

Now, this does not mean I'll be leaving InsanelyMac... My account will remain open.  I may post about things here and there, get help for OS X or other technology-related things here.  You have been a really kind and helpful group of people.  I wouldn't have gotten OS X on a lot of my PCs without your help.  But between school and other interests, I simply don't have the time, energy, or reason to keep up with this.  I wish all of you the best of luck!

Just a quick question, in the OP it says:

II. Remove Intel® HD Graphics kext from USB Installer (OS X 10.11 El Capitan)

To do this, click on your OS X El Capitan USB Installer drive and go to System/Library/Extensions and delete:

• AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

But after creating the vanilla USB Installer there is no such directory, there are just two directories in System/Library/ (Cache and CoreServices or something like that).

Oh and I'm using the terminal (ls -la), not the finder so it shouldn't be a "hidden files" issue ...

Did I miss something? 

Guys, I'm making this official... I will no longer be following this thread.  I have since gotten a new MacBook Pro (well, refurbished), and that's on top of my cousin's older MacBook I had gotten last year.  Due to hard drive issues on the HP computer that I had Hackintoshed that had this GPU, I am no longer using it.  As such, I am no longer willing to support or follow developments in the Intel HD Graphics Hackintosh field.

While installing OS X on a PC had been of interest to me (mainly when I still was a PC person), I no longer have the need to be using it.  All I really did was contribute information from other people and help put together another guide on creating the Resolution module for Chameleon.  RemC only provided a way so that you don't have to manually put in your EDID information directly into the source code for it to work.  The compiled module and the source code is already public if you still are in need of using it.  Furthermore, I had since stopped using the Chameleon boot loader altogether in favor of Clover.  I also was then an advocate to patch the framebuffer on-the-fly, as the framebuffer's patching was now the primary focus of enabling Intel HD Graphics (assuming you had LVDS support, which I did).  We now have accomplished that, too.

While installing OS X on PCs may continue to be a hobby of mine, I don't really have a computer that needs to do that myself.  I am not a programmer, let alone a developer, so I wouldn't be able to do much to help further developments anyways.  Between the framebuffer being the key issue, and being able to patch both the VBIOS and framebuffer on-the-fly in Clover anyway (which is, IMO, a more advanced, superior bootloader to Chameleon).

Now, this does not mean I'll be leaving InsanelyMac... My account will remain open.  I may post about things here and there, get help for OS X or other technology-related things here.  You have been a really kind and helpful group of people.  I wouldn't have gotten OS X on a lot of my PCs without your help.  But between school and other interests, I simply don't have the time, energy, or reason to keep up with this.  I wish all of you the best of luck!

Thanks again though for your supper and i think that just not a support but a great help for Intel HD Graphics user... i hope you still yuse the HD graphics :lol: heheh.....

My Specs:
Screen brightness adjustable with IntelBacklight.kext and DSDT/PNLF entries (keys: Pause and FN Numlook). -----> all ok
Sleep is complete, via FN F2 (sleep button), close the lid and of course Timed for battery operation and power supply -----> all ok
Graphics: Intel HD IronLake (8086-0046) native 1600x900 17" QE/CI patch 288MB (DualLink, LW1, alternate2) -----> all ok

If I delete AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext, then goes DP-out without QE/CI and the internal display is black.

How did you managed to ged speedstep on arrandale processor?? please make guide hehehe.....

My Specs:

Can you help me with my sleep problem. in this case, it able to sleep. but when i wake the laptop i can move the cursor just lake freezing os x system :(

mh, Steps has always worked for me.

My Config for Steps (no DropOEM or DropSSDT):

For Sleep the DSDT has to be perfect patched. (HPET, SBUS, LPC and everything else)
Sleep works with stable: VoodooTSCSync.kext by EFI/Clover/kexts/10.??

Is the Vodoo Kext resulting into kernel panics some times?

mh, Steps has always worked for me.

My Config for Steps (no DropOEM or DropSSDT):

For Sleep the DSDT has to be perfect patched. (HPET, SBUS, LPC and everything else)
Sleep works with stable: VoodooTSCSync.kext by EFI/Clover/kexts/10.??

Did u think this will work on mavericks???

I can not say it.

Have 10.10.5 and it works wonderfully.
But Mavericks or Yosemite does not make much difference.
A well-patched DSDT is a prerequisite for Sleep.

i've patched my dsdt to make the sleep worked, it worked, but when i wake the machine it just freeze :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, i have a little problem with my mac install,

first of all, i'm not an expert of everything mac related but I love messing with tech stuff,

so to begin, I'm having an issue every time I try to modify any setting in the config.plist file in the clover folder. Its making my mouse and keyboard not working, but the os seems to be booting, I successfully installed mac os in this computer, using the non modified config.plist file.

I'm using the clover configurator program in order to modify the file.

I hope that somebody could resolve my issue,

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Bonafont

This topic explanes how to enable iGPU in Laptops with 1st generation intel HD graphics.

It seems you are OT. I suggest to open a post in right section and to write your hardware in signature, it will be more easy to help you.

:) Bye

Ciao, sto cercando di installare El capitan su un tm2-2000 con processore Intel i3, doppia scheda grafica Intel Hd integrata + Ati Mobility Radeon 5450 e 4gb di ram

Riesco ad arrivare ad installare il tutto seguendo questa guida ma, nel momento di dare il boot dall'hard disk dopo l'installazione dell'os, mi da una schermata a righe su sfondo grigio e non vedo nulla. Prima mi succedeva anche nella schermata di installazione, ma avevo risolto eliminando i kext Intel hd come scritto qua, ma nell'hard disk è come se li riabilitasse non so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I current follow the instruction to install El Capitan in my Dell 15R (N5010). All thing seems fine for creating usb installer, install El Capitan, but I got an issue when first boot after install El Capitan success. It stucks in Apple logo and progress bar. Here is the log I capture in verbose mode when try to boot.

Thank in advance!

lL1CckT.jpg

post-1674319-0-16159000-1456159315_thumb.jpg

Hello i'm a new in the forum, first of all thanks for this guide, but i've a question,i got a acer aspire 5740dg whit a broken ati radeon but wen i try this step by step guide it magicaly work back!!

but i can't enable qe\qi because after delete appleintel kext my hackbook :) start in black screen mode....how can i fix this? Please help me.

i5 430m

ati radeon 5640 (broken)

vram 3mb....(yes 3mb)

Hi All... I recently helped put HP ProBook 6550b on the supported list (Yosemite).

I used this method to also get QE/CI working on a Lenovo IdeaPad U460 (Mavericks).

I used the IdeaPad again recently, and the UI is SOOO MUCH FASTER than my 6550b (with same graphics).

My Chrome browser on the 6550b is so sluggish to be ridiculous. I do not think this is just Yosemite's fault. I may need something different here...

It should be the same setup as 6450b too... 

(NOTE: speed improved in Chrome with AdBlockPlus, but still way slower than lesser CPU-IdeaPad with same graphics)

Our experience here has always had success with either the MacBookPro6,1 or
MacBookPro6,2 smbios.plist configuration. Try that and see if you still have an
issue!

Sadly, I require MacBookAir5,x so my BCM943224HMS WiFi card works (otherwise it is not even visible).

Could this be the reason my UI is so sluggish on HP ProBook 6550b?

UPDATE:

I just found these triangular corruptions on a few windows...

kRgbMAa.jpg

Anyone know what might be going on?

Oh, here is my setup LW1 LVDS+VGA

yxw9HeH.jpg

Hi all.

I have a problem with Intel HD Graphics first generation Yosemite 10.10.5.
Using a driver for Yosemite 10.10.5 of insanelymac download.
Laptop freezes at startup. Without screen.
When I remove appleIntelHDGraphics.kext and laptop starts at the correct resolution.
It is only loaded appleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.
QE / CI is not supported.
I studied various guides for IntelHDGraphics first generation.
I tried all framebuffers.
Gpu still not working properly.
Can someone help me please.
Thank you.

My laptop is.
Gigabyte i1520m
CPU with the Intel ® Core i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz, family 0x6, 0x25 model
GPU Intel HD Graphics [8086: 0046] (rev 18)
HM55 chipset
Chameleon bootloader.

Acer 4739 Arrandale 1st Gen.

i3 370M.

Can't reach installation. Just freeze on app logo then reboot after select usb install. in -v boot flag its just show "-" then reboot.

I think you forgot erase the graphics kexts.. (step 2)