Finally got my sound issue sorted with 816M. I took a look through the output from bdmesg, looking for anything useful, and determined that it was looking for /EFI/QUO etc on the first FAT32 partition is encountered. On the boot for the first export I made, that was on a thumb drive, so I removed it and rebooted. The next boot it was looking at the ESP on my Users drive (GPT partitioned so it has a ESP as well). I could have deleted the partition, but I got curious so I mounted it up, made sure it was formatted FAT32 (the ESP on my System drive was FAT16 for an unknown reason. I must have messed with it long ago.) and dumped the DSDT.aml that I made into it for giggles and rebooted. I now have sound and this line in bdmesg
08:069 00:000 Insert DSDT 0x5D828200 r2 0x9D1F 0x47 "ALASKA" "A M I " 0x12 0x4C544E49 0x20100331 DSDT.aml
So, with this done thanks go to bs0d for pointing out the format issue, and to THe KING for trying to help with the aml file itself, even if it ultimately wasn't the root of the problem.