• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

russ807

russ807

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I updated to 10.9 from the App Store without issue. I get some graphics corruption with integrated graphics and a TB display but discreet graphics works fine with a DVI display. Really happy upgrading was mostly a non-issue.

It's Phobos!

It's Phobos!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Finally got my sound issue sorted with 816M. I took a look through the output from bdmesg, looking for anything useful, and determined that it was looking for /EFI/QUO etc on the first FAT32 partition is encountered. On the boot for the first export I made, that was on a thumb drive, so I removed it and rebooted. The next boot it was looking at the ESP on my Users drive (GPT partitioned so it has a ESP as well). I could have deleted the partition, but I got curious so I mounted it up, made sure it was formatted FAT32 (the ESP on my System drive was FAT16 for an unknown reason. I must have messed with it long ago.) and dumped the DSDT.aml that I made into it for giggles and rebooted. I now have sound and this line in bdmesg

08:069 00:000 Insert DSDT 0x5D828200 r2  0x9D1F 0x47 "ALASKA" "A M I   " 0x12       0x4C544E49 0x20100331 DSDT.aml

So, with this done thanks go to bs0d for pointing out the format issue, and to THe KING for trying to help with the aml file itself, even if it ultimately wasn't the root of the problem.

yeh

yeh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Anyone able to use iMessage?

I'm getting all the emails to my other devices that I'm adding a new device to my account, and the messages app itself shows the list of phone numbers/emails to use, but stalls at that point and throws up an error.  I'm at work now so I'll provide more info if need be afterwards...

Also, where does the hardware SN come from?

I'm running the H3A.816M.ROM and 10.9.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

@ yeh I wouldnt abuse of "Let me read this topic for you" feature...

smgoller

smgoller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I've just upgraded my quo to 10.9 and I've got the audio distortion after a minute problem. At first I had no sound, then I installed the QUO-Audio-Update.pkg. That got me sound but now the stuttering problem. I've scanned through the whole thread but I can't figure out a solution. I'm sure I missed it. Can someone help me out?

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

@ smgoller you can start by putting your full specs in signature, then you can ask proper for help...

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Anyone able to use iMessage?

I'm getting all the emails to my other devices that I'm adding a new device to my account, and the messages app itself shows the list of phone numbers/emails to use, but stalls at that point and throws up an error.  I'm at work now so I'll provide more info if need be afterwards...

Also, where does the hardware SN come from?

I'm running the H3A.816M.ROM and 10.9.

I would generate a new SN and set it with the nvram command.  Champlist will generate a serial for you: http://tools.inmac.org/

Then just paste it like so in terminal:

sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:SystemSerial=theserial

Go and visit ozmosis in Bootloaders.....

Do you mean http://www.insanelym...291655-ozmosis/ ? I don't see any source code.  Of course opening it up in a reverse engineering tool is quite confusing.

smgoller

smgoller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

@smgoller you can start by putting your full specs in signature, then you can ask proper for help...

You're right, I'm sorry. It was late and I wasn't paying attention. Signature is updated.

To expand on things a bit, I was running 10.8.4 for quite a while with no problems. Vanilla install, running 816M, ran whatever audio patcher was standard then. Never upgraded to 10.8.5, went straight to 10.9. No audio device shows up, so I searched through the thread and found QUO-Audio-Update.pkg in post 645, I believe. Downloaded it and installed it for 10.9. and found audio works fine for about a minute, then it goes to asphyxiating robot hell. Unfortunately in my haste I did not back up the original manually before upgrading. If there's any more information I can provide, let me know. Thank you very much for replying.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

@smgoller can't be like that, triple checked, audio is fine, also the installer.

The only thing that can explain this is that you think that you are on 816M but you are not, and are running on oz older then 801M.

Start built-in edk shell and run bdmesg command, it will tell you on first line the ozmosis version..

Bernard Leclerc

Bernard Leclerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

@smgoller can't be like that, triple checked, audio is fine, also the installer.

The only thing that can explain this is that you think that you are on 816M but you are not, and are running on oz older then 801M.

Start built-in edk shell and run bdmesg command, it will tell you on first line the ozmosis version..

I am quite new to Hackintosh, can you tell me how to go into edk shell. 

thanks in advance for help.

laschlo

laschlo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I'm wondering if someone has tried to use a card from ATI/AMD?

Most of you are using one from NVIDIA.

As I know ATI card support (drivers) are included in 10.8.3.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

I wonder how many ever started the UEFI Built-in EDK Shell..

Lets try one thing, select it from F12 boot menu, then type:

bdmesg -b

Press ENTER and the first line of text should be enough.

;)

I am quite new to Hackintosh, can you tell me how to go into edk shell. 

thanks in advance for help.

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Finally , I am back ... received replacment RAM, now to catch up on what I missed ... upgrading to 10.8.5 ...

It's Phobos!

It's Phobos!

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

10.8.5? 10.9 is out and it's free.

Bernard Leclerc

Bernard Leclerc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

;)

Hail to The King !

:thumbsup_anim:

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

10.8.5? 10.9 is out and it's free.

Because it came out yesterday doesn't mean my computer is gonna stop working if i don't apply it right away ... and free as nothing to do with it for me.

10.8.5 has been proven to work with our QUO boards with 816M and also with real Macs . I will wait and see for 10.9 how well it goes across a myriad of devices before I do update my installation.

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts

Do you mean http://www.insanelym...291655-ozmosis/ ? I don't see any source code.  Of course opening it up in a reverse engineering tool is quite confusing.

It does show you which tools can dismantle the BIOS into components, then you can decide which ones to decode.

Because it came out yesterday doesn't mean my computer is gonna stop working if i don't apply it right away ... and free as nothing to do with it for me.

10.8.5 has been proven to work with our QUO boards with 816M and also with real Macs . I will wait and see for 10.9 how well it goes across a myriad of devices before I do update my installation.

You might be right to be wary. 10.9GM worked fine on my previous system (Clover based), but having installed afresh on the QUO and moved all my data over, I can't use my Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 with 2 screens, on the IGPU sleep wakes up but the screens don't, and shutdown goes into a restart loop. On top of that Mail crashes every now and then and has some usability bugs, Parallels 9 (designed for Mavericks) crashes and has screen glitches. Of course the new Mail program did a conversion on the email database so I can't easily go back to 10.8.5. Roll on 10.9.1......

Wimdows8

Wimdows8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Upgraded from 10.8.4 Vanilla to 10.9 from AppStore without a hitch. Just re-applied legacy audio patch, and that was it.

4.2ghz OC i5 3570K with 670GTX and Samsung 840 Pro SSD.

Very happy with this setup.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,286 posts

Hail to The King !

:thumbsup_anim:

I think of XyZ every time i hear that song :P

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Upgraded to 10.9 via the app store download, went well until I logged in.  Basically everything was fine, then i opened a few apps and the screen started turning a strange color with dots for each application I opened.  Anyone else seen this?

Just running an i7-3770K (choose 512 for video memory) with 32GB of RAM.  No PCI-x card (had to take it out for the install to start).

Thoughts? See photo (sorry for size, posting from a PC)

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy