HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Yeah, put it back. We'll have to troubleshoot x86_64. The upside of it is, if we find a solution for archx86_64 in Lion, it will work also for Mountain Lion.

That said, the methods of enabling QE/Ci for a HD5000 card differ slightly in Lion and Mountain Lion.

For Mountain Lion i only had to edit two kexts. For Lion and my HD5450 i used this method: http://www.computersnyou.com/256/2012/03/working-ati-5450-graphics-in-hackintosh-step-by-step/

I used this method already, i386 makes KP x86_64 Graphics=No youtube videos playing with slowdowns, When I open any *.avi file VLC says" You haven't got OpenGL Support" also x86_64 Graphs=Yes makes only out of sync my monitor.

In this point, what should I do?

@YaPaY

try to boot with: GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Uakari (or =Zonalis or =Vervet)

if those framebuffers don't work, you can use the Chameleon Wizard to try all available ATI framebuffers

framebuffers.png

if none of them works,

you have to modify a stock ATI framebuffer with your own custom personalities based on bcc9's guide

and maybe you also have to boot with arch=x86_64,

coz we both have the same issue: arch=i386 causing a KP due to AppleEFIRuntime

and deleting the kext will give me no QE/CI

Thanks mac_carol:

x86_64 Graphics Yes:

Uakari: Monitor went to out of sync (blank and there was a message "this resolution doesn't supported"

Zonalis: opened only monitor with native resolution, tv recognizing but black screen no QE/CI on system

Vervet: I will try it.

Zonalis: system info: "Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5470 Series 1024 MB"

Vervet = kp

ı small correction my card is hd5450

Hoolook system halted

Eulemur white screen

Shrike kp

I ınstalled above kexts again via Kext Utility and deleted Ati Config flag

system opened again but QE/Cı doesn't work still.

and my system why as HD5470 instead of HD5450 recognizing I don't get it.

which port are you using? vga/dvi/hdmi?

in some cases, you must use a port converter to make the connection work

you may need a vga-to-dvi converter for connecting the card's vga port to lcd/led monitor's dvi one

and my system why as HD5470 instead of HD5450 recognizing I don't get it.

you can ignore it since it's only a cosmetic issue

I'm trying many Aticonfig and I'm tired a little bit.

some configs like: Alopias outer QE/CI works wery well. Primary display and secondary display works properly.

If I can't find a right config I will try it custom rom-bios.

one question: Why it's so difficult to run AMD + Lion + QE/CI?

and what is exactly this i386 and KP problem? Is there any way to fix it? It's kernel related or different thing?

Wait!

Your card is a 5450: That's the same card i use! I thought it was a 5470, and were complaining about it being shown as a 5000. Man, this card should just work. Even better: you should try Mountain Lion and forget about Lion, since it's being a pain in the OS (forgive-me the pun). But before you try, answer me these:

1) It's a Sapphire HD5450 Silent 1024MB? If it is, go for Mountain Lion already and be happy.

2) If it's not, which brand, model and device ID is it?

All the best!

hey guys, im trying to get an AMD Mac machine up

My System

AMD Phenon 2 955

2x1TB WD Black Hard Disks

8GB 2x4 G.Skill DDR3 1333Mhz ram

ATi 7770 HD 1Ghz gfx

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 Motherboard

Setup - what i want to achieve

WD 1 - Windows 8

WD 2 - Mac OS X 10.8.3 - using niresh 10.8.2 and updating once installed

Bios

IDE Mode - i dont want to use AHCI, it messes with windows 8 and i need windows 8

S3

LegacyUSB enabled

Ok this same process went absolutely fine in virtualbox, installed and running without issue

But when heading to my computer, and booting into the Niresh AMD enabled iso. i get a boot menu, i add amd, GraphicsEnabler=No, DropSSDT=Yes -v

It boots fine and then gets to

IOAPIC ver 0x21 Vectors 64:87 and it just hangs there for a very long time and doesnt continue to boot from there

• Like 1

ATi 7770 HD 1Ghz gfx

IDE Mode - i dont want to use AHCI, it messes with windows 8 and i need windows 8

Ok this same process went absolutely fine in virtualbox, installed and running without issue

The reason it runs fine on Virtualbox but will always be a {censored} on your internal HDD lies on the two underlined words. First, it's an ATI 7xxx card, which needs 10.8.3 and other workarounds to work. Second, IDE mode, which is very hard to get to a successful installation of OSX because all made x86 macs to date use AHCI. Since Virtualbox emulates SATA mode and also emulates a generic virtual graphics card, it will boot (albeit without QE). Solve these two issues and i'm sure you'll have a nice Mountain Lion installation.

All the best!

Google: Windows 8 AHCI

It boots fine and then gets to

IOAPIC ver 0x21 Vectors 64:87 and it just hangs there for a very long time and doesnt continue to boot from there

try to disable: BIOS' C1E & AMD Cool'n'Quiet

• Like 1

If you use two separate hard drives, you do have the possibility to use AHCI for OSX and IDE for Windows 8. But everytime you want to change OSX, you'll have to access BIOS first to set the appropriate mode for the intended boot OS. Isn't it better simply reinstalling Windows 8 in AHCI SATA mode? It's very hard a work to run later iterations of OSX on IDE mode.

There's also the problem of the 7xxx card: with any other system than 10.8.3, it won;t work, period.

Solve this two issues, and you'll be on the way to run OSX on your machine.

• Like 1

If you use two separate hard drives, you do have the possibility to use AHCI for OSX and IDE for Windows 8. But everytime you want to change OSX, you'll have to access BIOS first to set the appropriate mode for the intended boot OS. Isn't it better simply reinstalling Windows 8 in AHCI SATA mode? It's very hard a work to run later iterations of OSX on IDE mode.

yup!

you only have to run this reg file to enable the AHCI under m$-win8

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci]
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride]
"0"=dword:00000000

• Like 1

Wait!

Your card is a 5450: That's the same card i use! I thought it was a 5470, and were complaining about it being shown as a 5000. Man, this card should just work. Even better: you should try Mountain Lion and forget about Lion, since it's being a pain in the OS (forgive-me the pun). But before you try, answer me these:

1) It's a Sapphire HD5450 Silent 1024MB? If it is, go for Mountain Lion already and be happy.

2) If it's not, which brand, model and device ID is it?

All the best!

Sapphire HD5450 Silent 1024MB

About ML, I can't handle a new adventure. At least not now.

I am trying to install Lion 10.7.2 in a VirtualBox OSX guest on my Linux computer. The final target should be 10.7.5 with x86_64 mode

My hardware requisites:

Linux darkstar 3.2.29 x86_64

AMD Athlon™ Dual Core Processor 4850e

Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H board

VirtualBox 4.2.10

Guest LionOSX has the following properties:

Memory size: 2048MB

Page Fusion: off

VRAM size: 64MB

CPU exec cap: 100%

HPET: off

Chipset: piix3

Firmware: BIOS

Number of CPUs: 1

Synthetic Cpu: off

CPUID overrides: None

Boot menu mode: message and menu

Boot Device (1): DVD

Boot Device (2): HardDisk

Boot Device (3): Floppy

Boot Device (4): Not Assigned

ACPI: on

IOAPIC: off

PAE: off

Time offset: 0ms

RTC: local time

Hardw. virt.ext: on

Hardw. virt.ext exclusive: on

Nested Paging: on

Large Pages: off

VT-x VPID: on

What I have done:

created per restore a "Mac OSX Install DVD" with iAtkos L2 as source on a 16GB USB stick

replaced the original mach_kernel with http://www.osx86.net..._...html

started the Install Disk with the stick

entered -v

Got the NullCPUPowerManagement freeze despite this kext is to be found in /System/Library/Extensions and additionally in /Extra/Extensions

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement*.kext is renamed

post-1143538-0-54458400-1364468941_thumb.png

Then I set the checkbox for IO-APIC in VirtualBox to on.

This time I got the following kernel panic:

post-1143538-0-43469700-1364468951_thumb.png

I have read that the AppleEFIRuntime.kext is not necessary so I have renamed it, tried a new boot and got the following kernel panic:

post-1143538-0-54151200-1364468961_thumb.png

no kext scan ... But in /System/Library/Extensions there is no extension.mkext only in

/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup

Extensions.mkext

kernelcache

I have renamed them but nevertheless the boot failed with the kext scan error

Failure with following kernelflags, too:

usekernelcache=no

setting PAE/NX in VirtualBox

Hm, so now I am stuck ...

Any idea in which direction to investigate further?

I managed to fix the AHCI problem in windows 8 and now im booting fine with AHCI, i understand my graphic's card isnt 100% but id like to try.

Now im stuck at the error "still waiting for root device"

If i can just get into an installation, install it, update to 10.8.3, id have a chance at getting this going. would booting in -x help? any advice would be appreciate on things i can try here

i know i may seem a little desperate, something about mac intrigue's me, after using it on vmware ( which was a working 10.8.3 predone AMD enabled vmware image, i really wish i could turn that to an installation )

I was grabbed, i had to try and install it, the interface, the core, the programs. it just has me by the claws haha