K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

By OEM folder I mean (in Your case):

EFI/OEM/42914BG

So your custom dsdt goes to:

EFI/OEM/42914BG/ACPI/patched

And kexts you use goes to

EFI/OEM/42914BG/kexts/10.8/

look inside to see how my old OEM folder looks like.

EFI Shell is much like an good old DOS in use + all the UNIX like commands.

So to get you started find your EFI drive (it is listed on the beginning) and if it's fs0 just type:

fs0:[ENTER]

rest is just like in any normal shell, use commands like: ls, mv, cp, edit, etc.

OK, thanks a lot, I have a better understanding now of the folders hierarchy. I'll go step by step an wont rush to get a hold of what am I actually doing :) I'll report back

I tried many things and finally, with everything clean, after placing your dsdt file and your AppleHDA.kext I got sound, however after reboot it went away, I'm lost here, why would that happen? I reboot several times but sound is again gone for good...

How did you compile that dsdt? I tried with dsdt editor but didn't get any results. I'm trying to learn here ;)

Working with OEM and the shell is so much easy now, just delete the misbehaving file and continue testing, thank you for the advice.

Pasting the code on config.plist for USB 3.0 causes a KP, here's the screen:

post-36060-0-63306400-1362165807_thumb.jpg

I'll look around for more information.

Hi, Kogen. First of all, thank you so much for your work. This is my first time using OSX and it's all thank to you! I've been busy these past days with my t420 (OEM 4236) until I finally got it up and running, with sleep, sound, wifi via usb adapter and all!

Well, that was the good part. The bad part is that, due to stubborn nature, I then erased the disk and reinstalled it again from scratch to check whether I had understood or not (I know, I know). As it turns out, I didn't, so I don't have sound at all. I've tried everything, starting with the file you mentioned in post #30, to no avail.

So I turn to you. Attached you'll find my darwin dump; I'd be very grateful if you could take a look and maybe help me.

DarwinDumper_2.6.5_Lenovo_ML_manueljaime.zip

Edited by manueljaime

I tried many things and finally, with everything clean, after placing your dsdt file and your AppleHDA.kext I got sound, however after reboot it went away, I'm lost here, why would that happen? I reboot several times but sound is again gone for good...

How did you compile that dsdt? I tried with dsdt editor but didn't get any results. I'm trying to learn here

Working with OEM and the shell is so much easy now, just delete the misbehaving file and continue testing, thank you for the advice.

Pasting the code on config.plist for USB 3.0 causes a KP, here's the screen:

post-36060-0-63306400-1362165807_thumb.jpg

I'll look around for more information.

The missing sound after reboot is strange... wait.

I have totally forgot to mention about the rc scripts files in etc. rc.scripts.zip Just place them in /etc reboot and check if this will help (run myFix just in case)

I have used DSDT Editor with the latest iasl compiller (you can search forum for the latest binary or compile one from sources)

Send/Share your config fille - I think something is not right.

Hi, Kogen. First of all, thank you so much for your work. This is my first time using OSX and it's all thank to you! I've been busy these past days with my t420 (OEM 4236) until I finally got it up and running, with sleep, sound, wifi via usb adapter and all!

Well, that was the good part. The bad part is that, due to stubborn nature, I then erased the disk and reinstalled it again from scratch to check whether I had understood or not (I know, I know). As it turns out, I didn't, so I don't have sound at all. I've tried everything, starting with the file you mentioned in post #30, to no avail.

So I turn to you. Attached you'll find my darwin dump; I'd be very grateful if you could take a look and maybe help me.

From what I see you are not using patched DSDT (I see no modifications) that is why the modified AppleHDA.kext is not working. For this kext to work you need to have Device (HDEF) defined like this in your DSDT:

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)  // _ADR: Address
               Name (_S3D, 0x03)  // _S3D: S3 Device State
               Name (RID, Zero)
               Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
               {
                   0x0D,
                   0x04
               })
               Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PSW: Power State Wake
               {
                   Noop
               }
               Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
               {
                   Store (Package (0x0A)
                       {
                           "codec-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                                0x6E, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14
                           },
                           "layout-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           },
                           "PinConfigurations",
                           Buffer (Zero) {},
                           "hda-gfx",
                           Buffer (0x0A)
                           {
                               "onboard-2"
                           },
                           "device-type",
                           Buffer (0x11)
                           {
                               "Conexant CX20590"
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                   Return (Local0)
               }
           }

The easy route for you is to try my DSDT from #21 but remember to edit the DualLink (for LowRes) from 01 to 00.

Good luck.

Edited by Kogen Mantis
  • Like 2

From what I see you are not using patched DSDT (I see no modifications) that is why the modified AppleHDA.kext is not working. For this kext to work you need to have Device (HDEF) defined like this in your DSDT:

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000) // _ADR: Address
Name (_S3D, 0x03) // _S3D: S3 Device State
Name (RID, Zero)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
0x0D,
0x04
})
Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized) // _PSW: Power State Wake
{
Noop
}
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
Store (Package (0x0A)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x6E, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14
},
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {},
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-2"
},
"device-type",
Buffer (0x11)
{
"Conexant CX20590"
}
}, Local0)
Return (Local0)
}
}

The easy route for you is to try my DSDT from #21 but remember to edit the DualLink (for LowRes) from 01 to 00.

Good luck.

Thanks! I ended up using raffitaffy's dsdt from post #51 and now I have sound! I will continue poking and will surely come back with more questions! :angel_not:

The missing sound after reboot is strange... wait.

I have totally forgot to mention about the rc scripts files in etc. rc.scripts.zip Just place them in /etc reboot and check if this will help (run myFix just in case)

I have used DSDT Editor with the latest iasl compiller (you can search forum for the latest binary or compile one from sources)

Send/Share your config fille - I think something is not right.

OK, placing the rc scripts in /etc made the volume controls appear on the top bar but still no sound. I have, as of now

this AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.zip on the extra/extensions, NO on the kexts folder of OEM folder (I also tried placing it there)

this my config.plist on the OEM folder: config.plist.zip

and this is the dsdt file (the one you created): dsdt.aml.zip

When booting I managed to read this error:

Sound assertion " != setupHost Interrupt ()" failed inAppleHDAController at line 441 goto Exit

Which obviously means nothing to me :)

big thanks!

OK, placing the rc scripts in /etc made the volume controls appear on the top bar but still no sound. I have, as of now

this AppleHDA.kext AppleHDA.kext.zip on the extra/extensions, NO on the kexts folder of OEM folder (I also tried placing it there)

this my config.plist on the OEM folder: config.plist.zip

and this is the dsdt file (the one you created): dsdt.aml.zip

When booting I managed to read this error:

Sound assertion " != setupHost Interrupt ()" failed inAppleHDAController at line 441 goto Exit

Which obviously means nothing to me :)

big thanks!

You are using wrong AppleHDA.kext. Try this one:

T420_CX20590_10.8.2_AppleHDA.kext.zip

And here is the Clover config with USB3 support and TRIM for SSD drives. (always make a backup of an old one just in case of KP):

Lenovo_Clover-USB3_TRIM_Patch.config.plist.zip

Edited by Kogen Mantis
  • Like 2

You are using wrong AppleHDA.kext. Try this one:

T420_CX20590_10.8.2_AppleHDA.kext.zip

And here is the Clover config with USB3 support and TRIM for SSD drives. (always make a backup of an old one just in case of KP):

Lenovo_Clover-USB3_TRIM_Patch.config.plist.zip

I really thank you for your effort. I'm trying to find a pattern here but I'm unable, the sound sometimes appears but it disappears after reboot. I've tried doing it in parts, installing and uninstalling the dsdt file, the AppleHDA.kext you provided, and also triying to modify a basic config.plist by adding the string HDAInjection set to NO. I've also tried a dsdt file compiled by myself with all errors fixed. The system boots with no KP but the sound comes and go. I'm unable to reproduce what makes the sound disappear. As of now is again gone for good.

I've tried using the config file you provided but I get KP. I'm sorry for asking so many questions, I'm trying to find info around but I get nothing. I'm thinking of a clean install but everything looks clean enough :)

EDIT: Just one question: I understand the config.plist I have on EFI/ is overruled by the one on OEM/4291BG/ isn't it?

Edited by Espamac

OK, more info. I find this really intriguing to be honest. To change I tried with the files from post #51. And again it worked, this time even lasted for 2 reboots. And again sound is gone. After the second successful reboot you could read on the kernel boot messages "Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360" repeated 3 times. I think I've seen than message the other times I had a successful boot with sound. After that I always get the same kernel boot message: "Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 463" and no sound at all.

I have the feeling this is not related to the kexts or the dsdt files since they are able at first boot to get the sound working. Something changes after reboot, but I don't know what is it. Even more puzzling is that if I paste again the exact same kexts and dsdt files that provided a successful boot with sound and run myHack, sound no longer works. They only work once (????). So something is changed that prevents those files to work again, but I don't know what.

@Kogen - very cool stuff. nice thread. i may test this approach out!

@espamac - does your x220 have cx20590 audio chip or cx20672? if it is not cx20590 - this may explain why the kext above wont work. (the zip posted here seems to be the one i packaged up and posted for manwe150's thread on T420 - which has a CX20590 chip/codec)

should easy to fix with some binary hacking though...

Hi everyone - my T420 died on me... so it is going to be a little break for me in case of actually testing something out. I was about to release the next Beta3 of the EFI Pack but all that went to ... bip!

The good: The warranty will cover motherboard replacement.

The bad: Turns out that my LCD Panel was also somehow mysteriously broken and this mechanical failure won't be covered by the warranty - so I'm out of luck.

The funny: I guess I will have the time to finally test the VGA out or use AirMirroring :)

@ Kogen So sorry about that!

@ tluck, thanks a lot, my codec is actually cx20672 so I guess I'll have to patch the AppleHDA.kext myself. No idea of how to do that though ;)

It looks like I need the device and vendor ID of my sound card. Can I get them with the .app SystemInfo? I don't have access to PC or Linux right now.

I've read here that Clover can patch "on-the-fly" the kext but I would need the hexadecimal string to be substituted once I've got my device id hex, this being a example:

<key>

KextsToPatch

</key>

<dict>

<key>0</key>

<dict>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleHDA</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>hBlNEQ==</data>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>BXYdEQ==</data>

</dict>

</dict>

I can figure out how to get my device ID hex. But how do I get the original string to be substituted? Is it always the same? (I guess no, but it doesn't hurt asking :))

@espamac - this might work? i found the HDA stuff to be pretty tricky. i honestly cant remember how it got the chipset id. sorry (probably got it from dsdt dump on windows or manwe150 dsdt?!) i did use bcc9's bin patching script to patch the binary. but before that at one point i loaded ubuntu to dump a bunch of things (which included the codec ID) and to get the pins-outs etc.

Codec: Conexant CX20590

Address: 0

AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)

Vendor Id: 0x14f1506e << this is the codec ID

there are at least other 3 files that have to match the dsdt.

anyway, i posted an outline of what i did here for the CX20590 on T420 - not pretty:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268280-guide-thinkpad-t420-with-mountain-lion/page__st__160#entry1866235

it seems like others are using voodoohda - or someone patched AppleHDA for x220? i didnt spend much time on this site... but they may have made it work by making it think it had a cx20590 via dsdt etc.

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=102098

@espamac - this might work? i found the HDA stuff to be pretty tricky. i honestly cant remember how it got the chipset id. sorry (probably got it from dsdt dump on windows or manwe150 dsdt?!) i did use bcc9's bin patching script to patch the binary. but before that at one point i loaded ubuntu to dump a bunch of things (which included the codec ID) and to get the pins-outs etc.

Codec: Conexant CX20590

Address: 0

AFG Function Id: 0x1 (unsol 1)

Vendor Id: 0x14f1506e << this is the codec ID

there are at least other 3 files that have to match the dsdt.

anyway, i posted an outline of what i did here for the CX20590 on T420 - not pretty:

http://www.insanelym...60#entry1866235

it seems like others are using voodoohda - or someone patched AppleHDA for x220? i didnt spend much time on this site... but they may have made it work by making it think it had a cx20590 via dsdt etc.

http://forum.thinkpa...p?f=32&t=102098

Thanks a lot tluck. I'm trying but still can't get any sound. I'm thinking of using VodooHDA, this is driving me nuts :)

I've used all the modified kexts for the x220 used on the thinkpad forums to no avail. The most annoying thing is getting on and off randomly. I've done a clean install and have started from scratch again. For now I have no sound at all :D I'll try step by step to see if I get anywhere. Specs of my computer says

cx20672

but the codec dump from linux said the codec was

CX20590

so I'm sticking to that.

I've read extracting the dsdt from dsdt editor is worse than doing it from ubuntu, any idea why? I dumped the codec audio from ubuntu live usb but the dsdt doesn't show up. It seems its location has been changed, I'm using ubuntu 12.10. I tried then installing ubuntu on a different partition (64 bit, efi boot, etc...) but I'm cannot boot. At this point I went back to OS X I'll try to work this out without Ubuntu to make it less time consuming. I have enough trouble with the sound to add to that dual booting :P

Main issues I want to fix: sound, sleep and screen brightness (it's gonna blind me at night...)

Secondary: bluetooth, usb 3.0 and

@espamac

sure voodoohda may be your best way to get audio running. curious as to what was the codec id (hex) from the linux dump for your audio? and yeah i just booted ubuntu live from a USB to get the info i needed. i used a windows tool to get the raw dsdt info - but i ended up using manwe150's dsdt which had a number of essential edits - especially the ehci stuff for sleep and display definition - which then provides a brightness knob. Note: you will probably need to use the rollback 10.6.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kext for some disks to recover from sleep. anyway, certainly are lots of opinions and ways to get at the dsdt info.

@espamac -

i found this snippet from a dsdt - which may help you define your audio board.

Device (HDEF)
            { 
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Name (_S3D, 0x03)
                Name (RID, Zero)
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                { 
                    0x0D,
                    0x04
                })
                Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
                { 
                    Noop
                } 
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                { 
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        { 
                            "layout-id",
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            { 
                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                            },
                            "device-type",
                            Buffer (0x11)
                            { 
                                "Conexant 20672"
                            },
                            "PinConfigurations",
                            Buffer (0x28)
                            { 
                                /* 0000 */    0x40, 0x10, 0x21, 0x00, 0x50, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x61,
                                /* 0008 */    0x60, 0x10, 0xA1, 0x00, 0x10, 0x40, 0x21, 0x61,
                                /* 0010 */    0xF0, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40, 0x20, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40,
                                /* 0018 */    0x30, 0x00, 0x17, 0x90, 0x80, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40,
                                /* 0020 */    0x90, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40, 0x70, 0x00, 0xA6, 0x90
                            } 
                        }, Local0)
                    Return (Local0)
                } 
            } 

• Like 1

Hi! I've been building hackintoshes off and on for a while now, but never have posted to this forum. I'm still consider myself a newbie. First of all, I'd like to thank Kogen Mantis and everyone else for all their hard work, after reading through this thread I'm able to get my T420 up and running pretty good! I spent all evening yesterday trying to fix one issue though: my sound doesn't work.

It looks like I'm in the same boat as espamac where I'm trying to install 10.8.2 but have a Conexant 20672. I've gotten sound to work exactly once, and this was after running Kext Wizard to clean up permissions and caches on both extra and /s/l/e. After I rebooted, the sound never came back.

I always see these entries in the syslog:

Mar 17 20:31:10 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - library kext com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily not found.

Mar 17 20:31:10 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController - failed to resolve library dependencies.

Mar 17 20:31:10 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController failed to load (0xdc00800e).

Mar 17 20:31:10 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdc00800e).

Mar 17 20:31:10 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "AppleHDAController"

and

Mar 17 20:31:12 Dougs-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in AppleHDAController at line 441 goto Exit

Mar 17 20:31:12 Dougs-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in AppleHDAController at line 355 goto Exit

I've tried various DSTS edits, including the one above along with the AppleHDA.kext in post #83

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. But I'm willing to try more options if anyone has an idea.

Here's some more info:

i5-2520M 2.50ghz

bios 1.43

16 gb ram.

OSX installed in 2nd hard drive installed in the optical bay

Audio: Name = Conexant 20672 SmartAduio HD: VEN_14F1 DEV_506E

Also, I was wondering if anyone else had issues with graphical artifacts showing up every once in awhile? Also, about 25% of the time when I boot, it'll boot into an ugly grey screen with spikey lines. I can fix the graphic artifacts by lowering the resolution and then raising it again, and usually the grey screen goes away on the next boot.

Thanks again for your help!!! I've attached the DarwinDumperReports

DarwinDumperReports.zip

@lostvampire

1) this approach as far as i know know is about moving away from MBR to EFI formatted disks. i plan to move over from chameleon given the extensive list of features! see this for more details on why:

http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/19291-guide-clover-efi-bootloader.html

- does support dual boot

2) yes - there is a method to provide VGA support = there are a couple of threads on patching the Kext (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext). i recently packaged up a kext pack for T420 on a parallel thread. see this link for discussion of this topic as well as a 10.8.3 kext pack for T420 including support for VGA and DVI (entry 238)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268280-guide-thinkpad-t420-with-mountain-lion/page__st__220#entry1898288

• Like 1

@cayspekko I've tried a caddy for my optical bay, and switched back to optical. Issue is that now and then the drive gets removed from the system, I think it's because my caddy does not have such a handy locking system the original optical drive has. Did you use an original caddy or third party?

@kogen mantis, I'm still working on OSX with this system and it works like a charm. Only issues I still try to resolve is sleep problems (the one i've mentioned before, sometimes it goes to sleep well, and sometimes it gets stuck with flickering sleep light and heavy blowing fan) and my VGA out does not work, but that is not a big issue :) battery goes much longer then with Windows by the way

Hey! I got sound to work! I don't know if this will help anyone but this what I did: (which may or may not be everything since I tried so many different approaches!) So apart from the tutorial in post #1 I did the following:

a. followed post #80 and installed Kogen's rc.scripts I don't know if this is necessary

b. I used raffitaffy's kexts from post #51 (but not the dtst.aml). I put them in an Extra/Extensions folder and used myHack to install them.

c. I used the dtst.aml from Kogen's post #32 (put it in the EFI/OEM/[mylenovonumber]/patched folder)

Thanks again everyone for all your great help!!!

@cayspekko I've tried a caddy for my optical bay, and switched back to optical. Issue is that now and then the drive gets removed from the system, I think it's because my caddy does not have such a handy locking system the original optical drive has. Did you use an original caddy or third party?

I use the official hdd caddy from lenovo to use in the optical bay. I have windows installed on ssd in the primary hd slot. I did have issues trying to install iatkos using the optical drive plugged into a third pary optical drive to usb caddy but gave that up and used a vmware image to create an install usb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Thanks to Kogen's awesome explanations I finally moved from 10.7.4 to 10.8.3. However, I was hoping that upgrading would help to get rid of some problems I had with 10.7.4, but unfortunately I seem to still have issues:

- sometimes sleep / wake hangs, it looks like it writes the hibernation file, and when the LED is supposed to blink slowly, it starts to blink fast and the FAN goes loud and the PC hangs... nothing I can do then just reboot.

- I noticed that sometimes when I push the speaker off button (vs lowering the volume all the way to the button) the system hangs. no fan noise here and reboot needed too.

- Finally, sometimes when waking after sleep the track/touchpad is not working. Keyboard works but not the trackpad.

I tried to find something in the logs, but all I could find was a sound card error just after wake:

31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: RTC: PowerByCalendarDate setting ignored
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: 758.600117: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: 758.625142: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: 758.626024: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: en1: 802.11d country code set to 'DE '.
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: 758.752203: ATHR: unknown locale: 60
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: en1: Supported channels 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 36 40 44 48 52 56 60 64 100 104 108 112 116 120 124 128 132 136 140
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: [0xffffff8016994600](0)/(5) Device not responding
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == fAudioEngineArray" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 3163 goto Exit
31.03.13 00:45:52,000 kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 001CC0EC346CBB40971B022B 0x951 0x162d 0x100
31.03.13 00:45:54,910 com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.apple.qtkittrustedmoviesservice[432]) Could not terminate job: 3: No such process
31.03.13 00:45:54,910 com.apple.launchd[1]: (com.apple.qtkittrustedmoviesservice[432]) Using fallback option to terminate job...
31.03.13 00:45:55,000 kernel[0]: en1: BSSID changed to 24:65:11:6d:6e:7c
31.03.13 00:45:55,000 kernel[0]: en1::IO80211Interface::postMessage bssid changed
31.03.13 00:45:55,000 kernel[0]: AirPort: Link Up on en1
31.03.13 00:45:55,000 kernel[0]: en1: BSSID changed to 24:65:11:6d:6e:7c
31.03.13 00:45:55,000 kernel[0]: en1::IO80211Interface::postMessage bssid changed
31.03.13 00:45:55,000 kernel[0]: 761.819746: apple80211Request[10310] Unsupported ioctl 111
31.03.13 00:45:55,000 kernel[0]: AirPort: RSN handshake complete on en1

BTW, I am on a X220. I've patched my DSDT according to this guide: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=102098 (linked from http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=105334).

Any ideas?

Can you outline the following things in your first post?

- Which model(s) of T420 / T420 s is this working for ? Has been tested? Should work for?

- What components are working/ not working/ working natively/ need kext/ drivers/ hacks?

I am considering buying a T420 or T420s but I'd like clarity on which models/ components are working etc.