• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

noradninj

noradninj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Attached is a version compiled for Mac OS X 10.6.8 running a 64 bit kernel. Tested on Mac OS X 10.6.8 Server running on a Dell PowerEdge 2900 with a PERC 5/i card.

You will need to run sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot ‘Kernel Flags’ ‘arch=x86_64’ in Terminal to force 64-bit kernel loading.

Forked Git repository is here https://github.com/n....8-x64bitKernel

Attached File  Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 9.33.54409 AM.jpg   109.15KB   0 downloads

Attached File  SASMegaRAID.kext.zip   60.35KB   0 downloads

Music_remedy

Music_remedy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So, to my understanding:

- In order to load this kext, my yosemite installation would need to run in developer mode

- Although the HP SmartArray P400 is Running an LSI 1078 Controller, it's not supported, because the firmware on it is actually an HP one and not the original LSI one 

(i've checked the PCI IDs don't match for sure, although it seems to be detected by Yosemite, so at least it's getting loaded in EFI) 

dukzcry

dukzcry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

So, to my understanding:

- In order to load this kext, my yosemite installation would need to run in developer mode

- Although the HP SmartArray P400 is Running an LSI 1078 Controller, it's not supported, because the firmware on it is actually an HP one and not the original LSI one 

(i've checked the PCI IDs don't match for sure, although it seems to be detected by Yosemite, so at least it's getting loaded in EFI) 

Well, you should be able to load it after OS is booted without need of dev mode, since its added in permitted kexts list

cat /System/Library/Extensions/AppleKextExcludeList.kext/Contents/Info.plist | grep SASMega

<string>cc.dukzcry.SASMegaRAID  1</string>

However it most likely won't work in case you try to boot OS X from the volume on a raid card. At least last time I've checked, the non-signed kext granting didn't work for kexts with early boot requirement: http://www.insanelym...14#entry2134840

The 3rd party firmware is compatible if it at least exposes the same ABI as LSI fw does. Dell firmware works, for example.

ElStuiterbal

ElStuiterbal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

ElStuiterbal,

If there is no output, that most likely means the kext doesn't match against your device. What PCI device ID do you have (you could look at using dspci/lspci or using another OS)?

justroach,

I remember you were successfully using H310 cards. Could you still look at DevIDs and FW revisions of your cards, so we could help ElStuiterbal to get running?

I went to Windows and used the Device Manager to get the vendor and device id. This gave me the following:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CA2&SUBSYS_50011458&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FB

If I am correct, this means that the vendor id = 8086 and the device id = 8CA2, which seems weird. Maybe I didn't properly flash my H310?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy