iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Changed boot.plist file and network.plist file - Help

hamzab

418 posts in this topic

Would you say that I just need my macbook pro serial number and mac address?? :weight_lift: :weight_lift:

MLB is not the same as serial number. It starts with the same few characters but it is the the Main Logic Board (i.e. motherboard) serial number which is not the same as system serial number. I don't think it's yet known if that needs to be unique so try creating a dummy one with the first 3 characters of your system serial number (i.e. C02) and then 14 other characters. For ROM, use the ethernet mac of en0 on your hack. I don't have time to test whether this works but its worth a shot for those of you without a real mac to use the values from.

Rev 978 - for iMessage test:

- allows to specify and play with MLB and ROM runtime variables from config.plist

- iCloudFix partially removed, since there is no sense for this any more - or?

By default, if not specified in config.plist:

- MLB will be set to SMBIOS/SerialNumber

- ROM will be set to last 6 bytes of SMBIOS UUID (or config.plist SMBIOS/SmUUID if specified); on some boards those last 6 bytes of UUID are ethernet MAC address - this is what we would like to insert

But you can specify them in config.plist in a new RtVariables section:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>XXXXXXXXXX</string>
<key>ROM</key>
<data>AAAAAAAA</data>
</dict>

If I understood ElNono_ correctly, we need to find out correct values for those ROM and MLB runtime vars. tflux managed to find correct values by tweaking those keys in debugger, but Clover can inject MLB and ROM and that would generate IOPower hash keys from those values, so we can skip debugger here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/840...html#post527950

It looks like it's all about proper values for those several stuff. Or ElNono_ is still missing something.

over on "the other board" they're recommending using your system serial number and the MAC (not macintosh) ethernet address of your hack. I won't have any time until tonight to see if that actually works so if other people want to try out and report back if that works then we'll know if we really need valid apple information or not.

MLB is not the same as serial number. It starts with the same few characters but it is the the Main Logic Board (i.e. motherboard) serial number which is not the same as system serial number. I don't think it's yet known if that needs to be unique so try creating a dummy one with the first 3 characters of your system serial number (i.e. C02) and then 14 other characters. For ROM, use the ethernet mac of en0 on your hack. I don't have time to test whether this works but its worth a shot for those of you without a real mac to use the values from.

Worked this way for me. Clover adds the ROM for you from the ethernet MAC so it's not necessary.

I can also confirm this works. I used this on a friends hackintosh setup.

I've managed to get it to work and it's all back to normal. After following the instructions and installing clover, I then configured the config plist with the right values and some made up ones. The mac address is correct but the serial number was short with only 12 digits instead of 17. I added some random letters to make up for the count and I was in. All I need to know now is how to go from the bios screen to the apple logo as I hate that the machine stops at the clover interface for a certain amount of time, which, I don't like. I prefer for it to appear when I need it and not every time. How to add quite boot to the plist?

I've managed to get it to work and it's all back to normal. After following the instructions and installing clover, I then configured the config plist with the right values and some made up ones. The mac address is correct but the serial number was short with only 12 digits instead of 17. I added some random letters to make up for the count and I was in. All I need to know now is how to go from the bios screen to the apple logo as I hate that the machine stops at the clover interface for a certain amount of time, which, I don't like. I prefer for it to appear when I need it and not every time. How to add quite boot to the plist?

17 digits is the key. i used my hack's serial number (i created a random one with Chamleon Wizard when i did the original ML install), plus 5 random digits. rebooted and imessage worked fine.

as someone earlier said, there is no need to fill in the <data> </data> field with your mac address, altho if you do use your mac address imessage still works (i assume clover ignores whatever is there, anyway).

so, then i decided to use any old 17 digits as the serial number--i used 1 thru 0 then 1 thru 7-- and as before, not using any data in the mac address field.

rebooted, and imessage works.

Ok, so I'm confused here. It sounds like we're saying we need to use something called 'Clover' with something called an 'MLB' but you need a Mac to find an MLB?

Welcome, brothers!

Clover v.2 Instructions

Home page with download.

For iMessage you need rev980+

• Like 2

Worked good for me, used Clover Grower to update to newest release, added:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
	 <key>MLB</key>
	 <string>RM9XXXXXEEP357XXX</string>
</dict>

Stuck my user name in middle of serial to give 17 digits. I use serial for remanufactured model so I don't need to worry about country code and cause it kinda is remanufactured, just by me instead :) Confirmation email rcvd from Apple that iMessage was setup on a MacPro! Thanks to any and all who tested over the past few weeks, because even the tests that didn't work all helped to narrow it down!

• Like 1

Worked good for me, used Clover Grower to update to newest release, added:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
	 <key>MLB</key>
	 <string>RM9XXXXXEEP357XXX</string>
</dict>

Stuck my user name in middle of serial to give 17 digits. I use serial for remanufactured model so I don't need to worry about country code and cause it kinda is remanufactured, just by me instead :) Confirmation email rcvd from Apple that iMessage was setup on a MacPro! Thaks to any and all who tested over the past few weeks, because even the tests that didn't work all helped to narrow it down!

What do we put here? a Macbook Pro serial number? <string>RM9XXXXXEEP357XXX</string>

Hi

This method works great.

I installed clover to usb then stuck my kext from my extra folder in to the efi kexts folder and dsdt.aml in to root of usb.

Rebooted from usb and took not of the s/n it gave me + 1 to 6 in numbers added it to the config.plist and rebooted with usb stick

Imessage then gave me an error about i could not use this apple id contact support.

I signed in on my iPod then retried and bingo all working fine.

The bonus is now when i boot into chameleon its stays logged in as i had boot1 error trying to install clover to my hdd

in plist file

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

<string>XXXXXXXXXXX123456</string>

</dict>

Link to clover r980 http://sdrv.ms/SkZSLc

• Like 1

Guess I need to be an expert hacker to fix this. I tried installing that clover thing with whatever default settings it had, but that only ended up booting and crashing within a minute of being logged in. I put 13 digits from and old G4 laptop where i saw this '<string>XXXXXXXXXXX123456</string>' and just use 123... to fill in the rest.

Any way someone can walk me through doing this?

Download and install Clover_v2_rL980.zip and use default settings other than setting it to HFSPlus.efi, OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi because i have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1), F10 Bios, then and

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

</dict>

to some kind of plist, and I'm good?

Hi

This method works great.

I installed clover to usb then stuck my kext from my extra folder in to the efi kexts folder and dsdt.aml in to root of usb.

Rebooted from usb and took not of the s/n it gave me + 1 to 6 in numbers added it to the config.plist and rebooted with usb stick

Imessage then gave me an error about i could not use this apple id contact support.

I signed in on my iPod then retried and bingo all working fine.

The bonus is now when i boot into chameleon its stays logged in as i had boot1 error trying to install clover to my hdd

in plist file

<key>RtVariables</key>

<dict>

<key>MLB</key>

</dict>

Link to clover r980 http://sdrv.ms/SkZSLc

awesome this is what i've done too. usb and it stay logged in.

thanks