iMessage not working - iCloud/Internet etc working - Changed boot.plist file and network.plist file - Help

hamzab

418 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Managed to fix the grey login screen problem! Thanks

Now I have a problem with iMessage. I've tried everything, my boot.plist file has the ethernet built in to yes, also has the efi string, my network interfaces also has the device set to en0 and true.

What else could it be?

Thanks!

MY SYSTEM SPECS

Core 2 Quad 2.83Ghz

Gigabyte GA-EP41-UD3L

ATI 4850

4GB RAM

Dual Booting - OS X on separate HDD to Windows 7.

Edited by hamzab

Hi

we are here to share our experience with OS X on our PCs, ie we don't buy and don't sell for help!!!

pls stop with this practice, or we will consider it as a tentative of advertising or a business offer

The forum rule:

No advertising or business offers

of any kind.

Cordially, staff

Assuming the "different boot flags" you tried included safe mode using -x didn't work, unplug any 2nd monitor(s) you may have plugged in, login screen is probably showing up on a 2nd monitor that is turned off or switched to different input. Then if you still have trouble logging into iMessage, see here: iCloud/Facetime/AppStore login errors

Assuming the "different boot flags" you tried included safe mode using -x didn't work, unplug any 2nd monitor(s) you may have plugged in, login screen is probably showing up on a 2nd monitor that is turned off or switched to different input. Then if you still have trouble logging into iMessage, see here: iCloud/Facetime/AppStore login errors

Hi,

I removed my GPU and put in an old GPU I had, this then allowed me to boot into safe mode where I took of the EFI string, then I put back in my GPU and it worked perfectly. I then readded the EFI string for the ethernet device to the extra/ boot.plist file and I can now login in smoothly again

Thank you very much for your guide. Fortunately thanks to following another guide online my ethernet device was "en0" and "IOBuiltIn is also showing as true.

iMessage used to work for me perfectly for the past 4-5 months, the only thing I changed was that I added a new network printer in my House and I may have clicked something in the "sharing" preferences - Like share DVD drive or something - Needless to say I have unchecked those but I still get the same "server encountered an error processing registration" - I have tried my other Apple ID there as well but I get the same message.

Any more ideas?

Any more ideas?

Your are not alone - there are many people out there with the identical problem.

This is a general problem on hackintoshs since some days. If someone signs out of iMessage he won't be able to sign in again.

(at least this is what a thead on another board says)

• Like 1

Your are not alone - there are many people out there with the identical problem.

This is a general problem on hackintoshs since some days. If someone signs out of iMessage he won't be able to sign in again.

(at least this is what a thead on another board says)

Thanks for this. Hopefully eep357 has a fix.

Please find attached my screenshot eep357

post-499647-0-16598000-1356044953_thumb.png

Have you tried the guide eep linked? That should solve the issue.

Almost. But it's still in vain. Once you log out, you shall not be able to sign in again if you're using hackintosh :(

It's said that Apple is taking some measures to prevent hackintoshers to use imessage service.

Maybe simply because Apple's server cannot hold that much info :D

hey guys, since you all have logged in before and not had a problem, but now can't and no other configuration was changed, it's not a hackintosh problem per se https://discussions....tart=0&tstart=0 Many 10.8.2 users have same issue on real mac. I'll look into it more to see if there is anything hack specific that might help.

ps. 3rd party software might use Harware UUID for registration, but not System ID. System ID is hackintosh only and is not present on real a Mac

I think it has stopped working since a week ago. I'm also clueless. I'm sure nothing have been reconfigured in my case but it's just failed to register. Happens with Chameleon and Clover. Fortunately it does not affect iCloud and App Store.

So appears to be a widespread (and growing) problem. For me, I logged out to test (thanks guys! :) ) and it won't log back in for imessage account only. For my MacBook which is old and stuck on Lion, it's similar to what happened for the beta earlier this week, which kept running fine well after the beta expiration on the14th, until I quit and re-launched it, which killed it. It could be related, maybe or maybe not. Is apple doing something to try and stop hackintoshes, maybe but I've heard that a 1000 times and 997 of them turned out to be untrue and the other ones eventually found a work around, so no need to panic. Yes many real macs have same problem and for a variety of reasons, but in comparison to how many real macs don't have this problem it's a small number, so if your real mac is fine and hack is not, don't expect that to automatically mean it only effects hacks, it's just that you weren't lucky enough to win the lottery. So to help in finding the cause, if you post and info is not in your sig, please make sure you include hardware info, OS version, relevant console logs you think may help, keychains (fyi, always take due precaution and be careful what you post) etc. I'll continue with some testing and digging around, but I'm only me and like many of us I already have more other things that need to be done between now and Christmas than will ever be possible.

Everything except the last one, changing systemid invalidates some software licenses and resets some settings (little pain)

Always had the SystemId in boot.plist, would changing the last 12 to mac address help?

I only change the last 12 digits. In vain.

I tried it with clover bootloader (with and without iCloud fix). Used a clean install (which was done on my real iMac).

Before I've booted I flashed the NIC of my P5W DH Deluxe to set the MAC-Adress to be the same as on my iMac. I've also set the Hardware-UUID (Custom UUID in clover), the SmUUID, the MainBoardSerial ("1" on my iMac 7,1) and the Serial Number to be the same as on the iMac.

This all appears to be identical when looking in system profiler, terminal and DMI dump.

I was not able to set some of the other SMBIOS stuff like "AllInOne" because I found no way to do that with clover.

I also used a completely new Apple ID. But it failed to connect. :(

I don't know, but seems to me actually copying the different ID's from a real mac would not be the best idea, and may make it appear more obvious it's a hack since there may be registration or other records from the real one, then new Hack version phones home to Apple and some serials/IDs match those of a known real mac, and some don't. I think conforming to proper serial/ID format using new generated ones is still best solution. How is iMac's mainboard serial "1"? Has your logic board ever been replaced?

How is iMac's mainboard serial "1"? Has your logic board ever been replaced?

No, mainboard was never replaced. I think the mainboard serials came after iMac7,1… 1 is usual for the iMac7,1 somewhere in a clover thread they've listed mainboard serials of different macs and the older ones had just "1" as serial.

I moved my Hack's boot drive to a real Mac, booted it, and signed into iMessage straight away. I moved it back to the Hackintosh and it immediately stopped working. Of course, it worked fine last week. I played with different accounts, serials, Apple IDs, etc., to no avail.

What sucks is I bought the wife a Macbook Pro for xmas, and we won't be able to iMessage each other. Heaven forbid we have to speak to each other in meatspace.

I moved my Hack's boot drive to a real Mac, booted it, and signed into iMessage straight away. I moved it back to the Hackintosh and it immediately stopped working. Of course, it worked fine last week. I played with different accounts, serials, Apple IDs, etc., to no avail.

What sucks is I bought the wife a Macbook Pro for xmas, and we won't be able to iMessage each other. Heaven forbid we have to speak to each other in meatspace.

Sorry for that. But your test just re-testifies that Apple is restricting hackintosh usage from some perspectives.

Sorry for that. But your test just re-testifies that Apple is restricting hackintosh usage from some perspectives.

I have to firmly disagree. Apple is not conspiring against hackintosh. It really wouldn't work anyway. Besides...

Yes many real macs have same problem and for a variety of reasons, but in comparison to how many real macs don't have this problem it's a small number, so if your real mac is fine and hack is not, don't expect that to automatically mean it only effects hacks, it's just that you weren't lucky enough to win the lottery.

I have to firmly disagree. Apple is not conspiring against hackintosh. It really wouldn't work anyway. Besides...

:D Maybe Apple thought it's the hackintosh that caused its message server down :D

I just logged in on my image again, iMessage is working great. No issues at all. I wouldn't dare logout though. Tried to copy all the certificates and iMessage related encryption and login and it copied fine, because I'm not logged on it doesn't work. One thing to note is that all my certificates are expiring late 2013, earliest September 2013.

I'm out of ideas. It would be nice if we could sort this out a.s.a.p.

I quite miss it, although I've got an iPhone 4S and an iPad. It's a handy feature to have, shame if we lost it. We need to find out how Apple is authenticating the login and what else has changed since the 18th/19th of this month.