Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I get to boot with clover, seems to be stable, but when I try sleep, the system sleeps, then upon wake, system fan turns but Monitor doesn't turn back on. I am using HD6870.

@Nanael, if you are doing UEFI boot (not CloverEFI, BIOS boot), then you can install Clover to EFI partition on your 120GB disk (disk0s1 from your screenshot):

1. Copy Clover to EFI partition of the hard disk

- mount that EFI partition:

mkdir /Volumes/efi

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

- copy EFI folder from USB stick to that EFI partition /Volumes/efi

2. Register it as boot option to UEFI:

- then reboot into Clover from USB stick and you should get "Clover Boot Options" icon is 2nd row in Clover GUI

- choose that option and then select "Add as UEFI boot option" - this will register Clover on HD EFI partition as UEFI boot option

- remove USB key and restart - Clover should start from HD and you will also have "Clover OS X Boot" boot option in Setup screens

As you instructed me to do, here's the log:

Well, for some reason CloverEFI does not see your driver. It see only USB. MBR or GPT is not important here - it's something else.

Slice made another driver that uses BIOS - you can try with this version of CloverEFI that contains that driver: boot7.zip

- you can put this boot7 to root of your USB stick and reboot; when you see "boot0" message on the screen you have 2 seconds to press '7' and that will start boot7 file

- or, just rename this boot7 as boot and replace previous /boot on USB stick with it

Is there any difference with that file? new preboot.log?

• Like 2

For the start, try with this config.plist: config.plist.zip

If you would like to try video bios patch for native resolution boot, you will have to:

- extract EDID and put it to config.plist as Graphics/CustomEDID because Clover can not read it from BIOS in your case

- add config.plist Graphics/PatchVBios=Yes

- remove "screen_resolution 1440x900" from /efi/boot/refit.conf

Hope this helps.

Big, thanks,

HP EliteBook BIOS is really strange, Chameleon BootLoader never boot successfully caused by GPU Injection after upgrading 10.8.2.

Only Clover boot success sometimes.

there is boot & system log, the procedure of booting seems to be O.K before GPU injection.

When I setup "PCIRootUID=0" and boot normally, it just hangup.

When I choose "Boot Mac OS X with Extra Kexts", it sometimes boot successfully.

But, it generally restart after Login Window Application Started

and followings are PCI configuration log file.

Is that right procedure?

[ PCI configuration begin ]

console relocated to 0xf91000000

PCI configuration changed (bridge=8 device=16 cardbus=1)

[ PCI configuration end, bridges 8 devices 24 ]

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: Turbo Ratios 228A

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: (built 23:03:24 Jun 24 2012) initialization complete

RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)

[ PCI configuration begin ]

PCI configuration changed (bridge=8 device=16 cardbus=3)

[ PCI configuration end, bridges 9 devices 39 ]

weird,

http://www.mediafire...r38af8rfy9zl9ow

Yea, I need CustomEDID atm, This is root cause.

Well, for some reason CloverEFI does not see your driver. It see only USB. MBR or GPT is not important here - it's something else.

Slice made another driver that uses BIOS - you can try with this version of CloverEFI that contains that driver: boot7.zip

- you can put this boot7 to root of your USB stick and reboot; when you see "boot0" message on the screen you have 2 seconds to press '7' and that will start boot7 file

- or, just rename this boot7 as boot and replace previous /boot on USB stick with it

Is there any difference with that file? new preboot.log?

Thank you! It worked like a charm. I replaced the boot file for the boot7.

Clover_v2 rL987/P8Z77-I/3770K/10.8.2 boots successfully with imac12,2. Two issues:

1. Edited config.plist to macmini6,2, boot stops with

"This Version of OS X Is Not Supported On This Platform

Reason: Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED"

2. What is the Clover equivalent of

GraphicsMode

2560x1440x32

Clover_v2 rL987/P8Z77-I/3770K/10.8.2 boots successfully with imac12,2. Two issues:

1. Edited config.plist to macmini6,2, boot stops with

"This Version of OS X Is Not Supported On This Platform

Reason: Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED"

MacMini6,2 is not supported by 10.8.2.

Update to 10.8.3 or choose other model.

2. What is the Clover equivalent of

GraphicsMode

2560x1440x32

In refit.conf

screen_resolution 1920x1080

Hi there, i have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R and want to use the Marvell SATA3 Chip to geht full speed for ma SSD. Bit Clover does not recognize my SSD. Only if i set SATA Mode from AHCI to IDE the drive shows up. But i have to use ACHI right?

Is there any solution?

Thanks!

I have problems with Clover UEFI, when I install OSX it shows a Kernel Panic at the end of installation process and Clover does not detected OSX on the HDD but when I install with CloverEFI there is no Kernel Panic and it works fine to boot the installed OSX with Clover UEFI. Also in Clover UEFI my PC restarts when i press Shut Down but in CloverEFI PC shuts down normally.

Anyone else having similar problems?

MacMini6,2 is not supported by 10.8.2.

Update to 10.8.3 or choose other model.

Thanks for the timely reply. MacMini6,2 is fully supported in 10.8.2 (12C60) and boots fine with Chameleon.

CPU power management is supported and working:

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED.plist

GPU power management is supported and working:

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist/Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED

Source: Chameleon Wizard/macmini6,2

Can the Clover macmini6,2 check be disabled?

post-618506-0-60299900-1358734020_thumb.png

post-618506-0-62596600-1358734432_thumb.png

Thank you! It worked like a charm. I replaced the boot file for the boot7.

I would like to try that boot7, but when I copy and past to Clover USB, it doesn't boot, it hangs at _ screen...... how to you replace it properly?

Hi, Todesto!

I replace a file called "boot" inside my clover stick. Instead, i used boot7. Everything worked fine. EDIT: forgot to say, i renamed boot7 as boot as soon as i deleted the old one. Only then i restarted my computer and it did just nice.

Best regards.

I have a problem system not waking from sleep under clover, but works fine with Chameleon and I would like to get this fixed if possible. I am trying any solution possible but failed all so far. Then I notice my system is PCIRootUID=1 and clover is set at 0 by default. I read the instruction but it sounds like I need to edit DSDT to make my system as PCIRootUID=0? is that only way?

Is there a way to set PCIRootUID=1 under config.plist?

I have a problem system not waking from sleep under clover, but works fine with Chameleon and I would like to get this fixed if possible. I am trying any solution possible but failed all so far. Then I notice my system is PCIRootUID=1 and clover is set at 0 by default. I read the instruction but it sounds like I need to edit DSDT to make my system as PCIRootUID=0? is that only way?

Is there a way to set PCIRootUID=1 under config.plist?

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

http://sourceforge.n...ig-sample.plist

How do you boot legacy clover boot? I hav USB stick to boot clover and I just let USB run until I get to GUI and select my Mac partition. My board is not UEFI.

Thanks for the timely reply. MacMini6,2 is fully supported in 10.8.2 (12C60) and boots fine with Chameleon.

CPU power management is supported and working:

IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED.plist

GPU power management is supported and working:

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist/Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED

Source: Chameleon Wizard/macmini6,2

Can the Clover macmini6,2 check be disabled?

Clover checks nothing. You may said that your computer is HackPro7,4.

This check is provided by Apple's boot.efi that is part of OSX. Chameleon works without it.