Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Slice said:

Exclude then HTFS.efi. Windows should boot without it.

As well delete HFSplus.efi. Legacy Clover contains such driver.

Just use APFSDriverLoader.efi and FSInject.efi but i still get in that error log. I CAN't Reach the GUI CLOVER.

IMG_3691.png

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

The addresses are changed. May be ApfsDriverLoader is fault? Use Apple's apfs.efi.

Anyway I have to note that you are not the first who using H61 chipset with IvyBrigde CPU.

5 minutes ago, Slice said:

The addresses are changed. May be ApfsDriverLoader is fault? Use Apple's apfs.efi.

Anyway I have to note that you are not the first who using H61 chipset with IvyBrigde CPU.

Of course yes, i have build some PC with H61 chipset. The important thing H61 + IvyBridge CPU is set IMEI as 0x1E3A8086 (I just set this with DSDT). Legacy and UEFI with my configurations get no problem with other H61 Chipset. There is something with this "Dell Alienware X51". Will try remove ApfsDriverLoader.efi and report back

8 minutes ago, Slice said:

Just use FSInject.efi in EFI/CLOVER/Drivers/BIOS, still got same error log. Can't reach CLOVER GUI

IMG_3692.png

@Andres ZeroCross Hmm....are you using Clover and Chameleon...? Is this the only H61 system on which you installed Chameleon, as well? Are you booting off of a USB drive or your main HDD/SSD? I feel like your setup might have some hints of Chameleon left somewhere....maybe? That's a totally different error than the one I was getting in my case. So yeah, doesn't look like a driver issue anymore.

If the same config and drivers work fine on other H61 systems, then maybe the problem is somewhere else. BIOS settings...maybe?

Edited by arsradu

3 minutes ago, arsradu said:

@Andres ZeroCross Hmm....are you using Clover and Chameleon...? Is this the only H61 system on which you installed Chameleon, as well? Are you booting off of a USB drive or your main HDD/SSD? I feel like your setup might have some hints of Chameleon left somewhere....maybe? That's a totally different error than the one I was getting in my case. So yeah, doesn't look like a driver issue anymore.

Ofcourse not,, i have 2 Flashdrive with Each Chameleon and CLOVER. :)

I didn't install any bootloader yet in this PC :)

4 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Ofcourse not,, i have 2 Flashdrive with Each Chameleon and CLOVER. :)

Awesome! That's the way to go. :) 

Well...is there any chance that that DSDT can cause this issue...? Can you try with a cleaner config, no custom DSDT.aml, and only adding the stuff you absolutely need to boot in config...? It's hard to help you without having an H61 board or an IvyBridge CPU... But I'm trying to do some research online and see if anyone else with the same/similar hardware has the same issue.

Edited by arsradu

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Awesome! That's the way to go. :) 

Well...is there any chance that that DSDT can cause this issue...? Can you try with a cleaner config and only adding the stuff you absolutely need to boot...? It's hard to help you without having an H61 board or a IvyBridge CPU... But I'm trying to do some research online and see if anyone else with the same/similar hardware has the same issue.

Most similar hardware don't have this issue,, it's something hidden in this Dell Alienware X51 BIOS. My Chamelon in first install didn't use DSDT. And CLOVER too.

Just try boot without DSDT yesterday (just like your opinion) but it will give same result :)

And it will be funny issue if DSDT can prevent reach CLOVER GUI :D

Just now, Andres ZeroCross said:

Most similar hardware don't have this issue,, it's something hidden in this Dell Alienware X51 BIOS. My Chamelon in first install didn't use DSDT. And CLOVER too.

Just try boot without DSDT yesterday (just like your opinion) but it will give same result :)

Hmm....so it's not the DSDT... And it also shows that you probably don't need it either. :)) Could it be something from config...? Something that you didn't need for the other systems, but you might need for this one?

Also, maybe BIOS settings...?

Would you be able to upload your config (remove the sensitive information beforehand, we don't need that) or the entire EFI for a closer look? I find it weird that, everything works fine with similar hardware, but with this one...it's a no go.

Just now, arsradu said:

Hmm....so it's not the DSDT... And it also shows that you probably don't need it either. :)) Could it be something from config...? Something that you didn't need for the other systems, but you might need for this one?

Would you be able to upload your config (remove the sensitive information beforehand, we don't need that) or the entire EFI for a closer look? I find it weird that, everything works fine with similar hardware, but with this one...it's a no go.

Will upload it ASAP, there is no sensitive information. I can change SMBIOS profile anytime :D

Theory:

Interrupt 12h -- Memory Size: returns in AX the amount of conventional memory

Conventional memory refers to memory circuits with address below 640K -- the unit for the return value is in kilobytes
    Example:
        Suppose a computer has 512KB of conventional memory. What will be returned in AX if the instruction INT 12h is executed?
        512 = 200h, hence AX = 200h

Something wrong in yout BIOS settings or legacy clover is impossible on this hardware.

5 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Here you go,,,, there is DSDT inside CLOVER/ACPI/patched. With or without it, it can't reach CLOVER GUI. Use same DSDT for Chamelon is fine :)

Dell Alienware X51.zip

34 minutes ago, Slice said:

Theory:

Interrupt 12h -- Memory Size: returns in AX the amount of conventional memory

Conventional memory refers to memory circuits with address below 640K -- the unit for the return value is in kilobytes
    Example:
        Suppose a computer has 512KB of conventional memory. What will be returned in AX if the instruction INT 12h is executed?
        512 = 200h, hence AX = 200h

Something wrong in yout BIOS settings or legacy clover is impossible on this hardware.

I thought i get solution for my Graphics.
First, i need to force with Legacy boot because with UEFI and Legacy Option ROM loaded, i just get "scrambled graphics of IHD 4000),, with legacy boot of chamelon everything is fine

Conditions
1. Boot with Legacy boot of Clover can't reach GUI CLOVER and get RED ERROR log
2. With UEFI Boot + Legacy Option ROM (Graphics) Enable = Get full Scrambled Graphics in macOS
3. With UEFi Boot + Legacy Option ROM Enable + CSmVideoDxe.efi (EFI/CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI) = Can't Reach CLOVER GUI (only black screen)

And final step and solution is
1. With UEFI Boot + Legacy Option ROM Disable + CSMVideoDxe.efi = Everything is fine

I need to use IHD 4000, becase GTX555 from this Alienware X51 R1 is not supported by Mojave (have tried many solution about coredisplay and other), so only IHD 4000 can i use :)

Thanks before

25 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Here you go,,,, there is DSDT inside CLOVER/ACPI/patched. With or without it, it can't reach CLOVER GUI. Use same DSDT for Chamelon is fine :)

Dell Alienware X51.zip

I'm guessing you have FakeSMC somewhere else....? Cause it seems to be missing from Clover/kexts/Other.

So...is it fixed now with this solution?

With UEFI Boot + Legacy Option ROM Disable + CSMVideoDxe.efi = Everything is fine

Guest ricoc90

2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

May be ApfsDriverLoader is fault?

I have a Optiplex 790 with a drunk UEFI. It can't boot Clover in UEFI unless I manually create a fat partition from Windows to install Clover on. So I basically just use Clover in legacy mode and with ApfsriverLoader.efi I do get a X64 Exception as soon as Clover starts scanning for OSes.

I have to use macOS's apfs.efi

Edit: Apparently InsanelyMac is drunk too. I was quoting Slice, not Andres :rofl:

Edited by ricoc90

57 minutes ago, arsradu said:

I'm guessing you have FakeSMC somewhere else....? Cause it seems to be missing from Clover/kexts/Other.

So...is it fixed now with this solution?

I have used VirtualSMC.kext,, you didn't see it :D

36 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

i have used boot7 to solve my issue similar to yours long time ago

I have tried Boot7 too,, but i thought you have different problem with me. You can reach GUI CLOVER right?? Your error long ago is about when you press enter in boot entry screen.

But mine is different, i CAN'T REACH Clover GUI

12 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I have used VirtualSMC.kext,, you didn't see it :D

I have tried Boot7 too,, but i thought you have different problem with me. You can reach GUI CLOVER right?? Your error long ago is about when you press enter in boot entry screen.

But mine is different, i CAN'T REACH Clover GUI

Did you have Clover in ESP (Legacy) or Clasic Legacy on root disk ?