Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Ok, I've already read this and i have no problem with GUI entry in config.plist (which is "1650+" compatible).

1654 is "1650+" and it works well, 1672 works partially because GUI works but not the SMBIOS options.

I've missed something...

Edit : works very well with 1690.

i'm posting again about my problem with no information during verbose mode boot.

If I remove PatchVBios from config the verbose booting looks like this

http://youtu.be/DqLVqZWdGDo

If PatcgVBios is set to yes in config the verbose boot looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CACb5JESPt4

There is for sure an option that i'm setting wrong, and maybe you can tell me because i cannot find it.

So mach_kernel output information not to screen. I never see such effect before and have no ideas why it may be.

Some kernel's debug keys? For example from com.apple.Boot.plist?

i'm posting again about my problem with no information during verbose mode boot.

If I remove PatchVBios from config the verbose booting looks like this

If PatcgVBios is set to yes in config the verbose boot looks like this:

There is for sure an option that i'm setting wrong, and maybe you can tell me because i cannot find it.

Post boot.log

Do u use UEFI or legacy boot?

What drivers u use?

Post config.plist.

There impossible to help if u dont give infos.

Youtube videos dont help for that.

So mach_kernel output information not to screen. I never see such effect before and have no ideas why it may be.

Some kernel's debug keys? For example from com.apple.Boot.plist?

i wass having same effect on probook 4520s but dont remember for sure what wass causing it.

i am not sure for 101% but think that i fixed it with custom EDID.

Is there a way to make the new Nvidia web driver prefpane work with clover ?

see : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288582-new-nvidia-retail-driver-install-solution/#entry1916316 for the thread about this driver.

Prefpane allows users to switch between Apple and Nvidia driver by passing a nvram variable.

I tried with clover 1654 but it didn't work and i had to use the nvda_drv=1 in boot_args (config.plist) to make it switch to Nvidia drivers.

For me (8800GT), Nvidia drivers are better then Apple 10.8.3 drivers.

hi all

I have a suggestion, serious good idea power add new EFI tools

and that these be seen with .efi shell

tests on the same EFI boot partition that Clover with this http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?104990-NEW!!-OCZ-Bootable-Toolbox-Mac-Edition

and starts perfectly launching from efi shell

I just copied the contents from the dmg image to the efi partition except /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi

I just renamed and placed in any folder in the EFI partition

The idea is to call anyone .efi without having to enter the shell, without having to add records from the shell.

to have a mini linux or update ssd firmware with bootable toolbox, imagination would be the limit.

I'm trying to get my config working. I have a 7970, the framebuffer is perfect, so no actual need for the ATIConnectorsPatch (I only have to switch two connections because HDMI comes first in the bios list, I also did this, same result).

Every time I log in, the screen is just gone and it turns into grey vertical stripes. It's driving mad, whenever I delete the GI, I only use the sleep trick and it works fine, but I want it fixed.

Is anyone familiar with these stripes?

EDIT:

Now with a photo.

post-1125699-0-62039800-1369004136_thumb.jpg

see : http://www.insanelym...n/#entry1916316 for the thread about this driver.

Prefpane allows users to switch between Apple and Nvidia driver by passing a nvram variable.

I tried with clover 1654 but it didn't work and i had to use the nvda_drv=1 in boot_args (config.plist) to make it switch to Nvidia drivers.

We already thinking about this. There will be good solution.

hi all

I have a suggestion, serious good idea power add new EFI tools

and that these be seen with .efi shell

tests on the same EFI boot partition that Clover with this http://www.ocztechno...box-Mac-Edition

and starts perfectly launching from efi shell

I just copied the contents from the dmg image to the efi partition except /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi

I just renamed and placed in any folder in the EFI partition

The idea is to call anyone .efi without having to enter the shell, without having to add records from the shell.

to have a mini linux or update ssd firmware with bootable toolbox, imagination would be the limit.

Why without enter the shell?

Ok there is another way. Exit CloverGUI by SHUTDOWN button and then enter your application.

The button called "shutdown" for historical reason. Realy it is EXIT from GUI and enter EFI Firmware.

Try adding in EmuVaribleUEFI-64.efi to fix shutdown issues

It fixed my shutdown issue, but SoundFlower still does not work.

EDIT: Clover seems to change my OemID in DSDT registry, how to avoid this?

Original DSDT Header:

DefinitionBlock ("DSDT.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "161C    ", 0x00000001)

DSDT Header after booting to Clover:

DefinitionBlock ("iASLmXqbWw.aml", "DSDT", 2, "Apple ", "161C    ", 0x00000001)

I need it to make Voodoops2 working properly

It fixed my shutdown issue, but SoundFlower still does not work.

Original DSDT Header:

DefinitionBlock ("DSDT.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "161C ", 0x00000001)

DefinitionBlock ("iASLmXqbWw.aml", "DSDT", 2, "Apple ", "161C ", 0x00000001)

See no relation between VoodooPS2 and DSDT.

May do that with you, but here it don't do jack.

Can we have exit button as well as a proper shutdown button, PLEASE.

Thanks.

+1

PLEASE

I can't imagine why you start Clover to shutdown computer completely.

For the what purpose you switch on computer? To see Cover GUI? You like it? Thank you!

• Like 1

Post boot.log

Do u use UEFI or legacy boot?

What drivers u use?

Post config.plist.

There impossible to help if u dont give infos.

Youtube videos dont help for that.

i wass having same effect on probook 4520s but dont remember for sure what wass causing it.

i am not sure for 101% but think that i fixed it with custom EDID.

here is my efi folder https://mega.co.nz/#...qwrjovspk9APfiA

and here is kernel log https://mega.co.nz/#...O3Vx33Squyv3-yA

if you need anything else tell me and i will provide it just to solve this problem :)

PS: I'm using UEFI Boot without CSM

See no relation between VoodooPS2 and DSDT.

I use a version of VoodooPS2 that auto detect keyboard layout based on the oemid and model id inside ioregistry, which is defined in dsdt. Clover change OemID to "Apple" and it doén't match the layout in the kext.

I use a version of VoodooPS2 that auto detect keyboard layout based on the oemid and model id inside ioregistry, which is defined in dsdt. Clover change OemID to "Apple" and it doén't match the layout in the kext.

Create one more layout.

Original DSDT Header:

DefinitionBlock ("DSDT.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "161C ", 0x00000001)

DefinitionBlock ("iASLmXqbWw.aml", "DSDT", 2, "Apple ", "161C ", 0x00000001)

@Slice

Is there a reason Clover patches the DSDT header replacing the actual oemID with "Apple"??

see : http://www.insanelym...n/#entry1916316 for the thread about this driver.

Will works with revision 1707. Test, please, and provide DarwinDumper report.

CLOVERX64.efi-update1707.zip

Friends, first congratulations for the work! good. But it can also work in the Clover pcs with AMD?

I tried to install on one, but not start.

Yes, I have such successful reports but I have no AMD and moreover I have no such AMD so I can't say exactly what is your problem.

Will works with revision 1707. Test, please, and provide DarwinDumper report.

CLOVERX64.efi-update1707.zip

Yes, I have such successful reports but I have no AMD and moreover I have no such AMD so I can't say exactly what is your problem.

Replaced CLOVERX64.efi in EFI/CLOVER and I can't boot.

Stuck before theme.

I'm a noob, so i think i've missed something.

I'm trying to get my config working. I have a 7970, the framebuffer is perfect, so no actual need for the ATIConnectorsPatch (I only have to switch two connections because HDMI comes first in the bios list, I also did this, same result).

Every time I log in, the screen is just gone and it turns into grey vertical stripes. It's driving mad, whenever I delete the GI, I only use the sleep trick and it works fine, but I want it fixed.

Is anyone familiar with these stripes?

EDIT:

Now with a photo.

post-1125699-0-62039800-1369004136_thumb.jpg

I reflashed my 7970 GPU with the AMD 7970 GHz edition, which has been edited through HexEdit to include a hybrid EFI, which was taken from a MSI reference hybrid EFI. This way my 7970 is compatible with UEFI.

I finally got the system working because of FakeSMC.kext. This comes in a couple of variations, including the GPUSensor.kext. This doesn't work with the 7970, so it KP's the system. I got a clean version, so system works.

The gray stripes remained, but only with GI in combination with Aji as framebuffer. Without GI, no correct injection.

The trick for my board is to turn ON CSM... It works, it doesn't buffer the card so it "overflows". I don't know why it works, but if anyone can tell me "okay, if that works for you that's even better or good" I'd be happy. Every guide tells me to turn it OFF, so it feels wrong.

And yes, it boots in UEFI mode, because the GPU doesn't need the sleep/wake trick. I installed OS X through Clover in UEFI mode: it created a recovery HD. The Install.ESD was fully UNTOUCHED. So I have a very vanilla installation smile_osx.png.

replace bootx64.efi too with same file slice post.

Replaced both BOOTX64 and CLOVERX64 and i changed my boot args to erase the nvda_drv=1 key : it booted !

So, i changed the default drivers to Nvidia Web in prefpane.

Reboot and ... no boot.

So i booted on USB ad i could see that the boot args in nvram.plist changed with the nvda_drv=1 added.

I tried to redo the trick twice but i never got i boot with the 1707 files.

Sorry, don't know how to help.

Replaced CLOVERX64.efi in EFI/CLOVER and I can't boot.

Stuck before theme.

I'm a noob, so i think i've missed something.

I built the installer package for 1708 and mine gets stuck before the theme as well. I had to roll back to 1703.