Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Here's my new Updated Clover Hack!

ASRock Z77 Professional-M (Patched UEFI by Samisnake)

16Gb Corsair RAM

512Gb OCZ Vertex 4 SSD

Nvidia GTX 670 4Gb Superclocked+

Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K

Complete custom water loop, HeatKiller Blocks, EK pump...

Mac OS X Mountain Lion Screams!

I'm not to much of a photographer but you get the idea. =)

-Mrengles

• Like 3

Hi, Tony!

Thank you for sharing precious viewpoints and advice. I really appreciate them.

Mostly I agree with you.

R u the same Comwave I know from South Korea...? (although with a slightly different handle?

We could discuss this for ever, but likely the biggest plus point for anybody who chooses to ignore the Apple EULA is the fact that Hackers must contribute a great deal to Apple in the form of Apps and other services they provide, and of course Apple know this. Before Steve Jobs returned to Apple they tried years ago to licence OS to third party vendors and it did not work, so as Slice has already pointed out as to why Apple cannot support OSX on PCs and if they were to "sell" it or change the EULA they might be under some obligation to take on the myriad of possible configurations which might obligate them to do more. Not good business. They are happy to leave it to people to do it at their own risk and rely on the likes of the Clover Devs to sort that out which over time they have done magnificently and with dedication. Going back a few years ago after the initial change from Motorola to Intel it was very difficult to achieve a stable osx system. That said Foxcom could perhaps be licensed to sell a motherboard that is Apple compatible and under licence, also if the rumours are correct Apple could be making their own chips post Haswell, they have worked wonders with a customised A6 which does most of what the i7 does more efficiently.

Thing is lets just make it fun and not take it all too seriously, as the only constant in life is change.

You take care and enjoy 12.12.12 12.12pm

• Like 1

The only reason I hackintosh because I love messing around with OS X, before this Mac OS 7-9.2. I've never owned a PC until now.

I've always owned a Mac, still do. I didn't build a hackintosh for a cheap alternative. As a matter of fact I could have purchased a Mac for much cheaper then my Hackintosh hardware and visa versa.

I think the spirit of Hackintosh, is just like Jobs & Woz blue box "Rebel attitude". Apple could try to stop us... They haven't yet. I don't think we will ever see the day when Apple allows this, unless lawyers get involved, and I don't think they will ever really try to stop it. Unless they move away from Steve Jobs vision for Apple.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

The only reason I hackintosh because I love messing around with OS X, before this Mac OS 7-9.2. I've never owned a PC until now.

I've always owned a Mac, still do. I didn't build a hackintosh for a cheap alternative. As a matter of fact I could have purchased a Mac for much cheaper then my Hackintosh hardware and visa versa.

I think the spirit of Hackintosh, is just like Jobs & Woz blue box "Rebel attitude". Apple could try to stop us... They haven't yet. I don't think we will ever see the day when Apple allows this, unless lawyers get involved, and I don't think they will ever really try to stop it. Unless they move away from Steve Jobs vision for Apple.

Just my two cents.

The only reason I hackintosh is that I had a very bad experience with a 2009 MacPro with all the bells and whistles. Its only useful purpose was as an expensive fan heater as even running iTunes would cause the fans to speed up and the power consumption to peak at around 210 watts. This computer is now on its third logic board and is mainly used to run cron jobs for some websites I host. There was much hassle with Apple and this machine, they never admitted the common problem of itunes causing it to overheat for over 12 months before they found a fix. Over the years I have spent a fortune with Apple going back to the G4 days and their unwillingness to acknowledge the MacPro issues for so long decided me to make my own.., I have never regretted it.

I agree with mrengels OS9 was the most fun, and great for hobbyists although that dates us....he must have really small fingers to get inside his rig, its fun - but should not be taken too seriously.

In fact with the new iMacs getting thinner and updating Ram becoming a major operation I am sure that more people will take the hack option.

R u the same Comwave I know from South Korea...? (although with a slightly different handle?

Hi, Tony. Yes, I am.

I signed up for several sites at different points of time and used a little varied ids. I don't know why. :wallbash:

Lately, I got an idea and am using a pic of Red Porsche.

We could discuss this for ever, but likely the biggest plus point for anybody who .......

Thing is lets just make it fun and not take it all too seriously, as the only constant in life is change.

120% agreed. Never ending story. Let's have fun to the degree that's permitted.

You take care and enjoy 12.12.12 12.12pm

What an eye-opening coincidence! Five twelves!

Maybe an implication of good luck to you in the coming New Year! :wink2:

Can you tell me why booting from USB stick with only the folder efi boot is faster ?

If start from the boot disk takes about two minutes?

Much time remains on the screen load Kernel driver ..........................................

When you attempt to boot Clover from the hard disk are you sure it is not using BIOS as that is considerably slower. Also I have noted when I was testing the HD4000 if the HD4000 config is not quite correct it will slow the boot process as Clover tries to sort out the Graphics. HD4000 seems quite fussy, try an EDID.

Just some ideas... as that does not answer your question regarding USB and HD boot times.

Test Case: Real MacBookPro 5.1 BIOS Mode

The latest Clover ISO CD version that boots with a Graphical interface "native high resolution" is 883-64bit. Later versions till 929 all give a black screen after showing a high ress white cursor in the top left of the screen. All versions of the Clover ISO have no USB support working! So after Clover starts and you end with the graphical interface no onboard keyboard/touchpad or external mouse / keyboard nor usb disk are working so no response, but the clover LOGO is rotating :-D.

Soon I can try a native fat32 clover install on the internal disk and maybe make some boot logs, because this info is maybe not that usefulll.

This MacBookPro 5.1 uses nvidia chipsets, so maybe thats related to the non functional USB ports just a guess? It has multiple graphic cards but in BIOS mode it only uses 9600GT and not the 9400.

PS: this machine runs Mountain Lion natively.

Update: Clover 954 ISO 64

*It boots Clover ISO to a highress Clover GUI, only if also a USB stick with Clover install is attached and it usb works partly ;-)!

*Keyboard/Mouse internal/usb still dead, burned serveral custom ISO's with/without/combinations drivers (usbmouse/psmouse/Xhci .efi ect) so cannot actualy interact with the Clover GUI Menu

*Hotplug extra USB disks/sticks will show up additional Icons in the Clover GUI, so it doesn't hang :-) but because of lacking keyboard/mouse I cannot interact with it.

nativeEFImbp51darwindumperselected.zip

Localization

If you want to add your native language to the program please translate the follow files

TextsToTranslate.zip

and upload the result at this thread.

Hi, Slice

I'm comwave7 in Seoul.

Following your instruction, I translated 'TextsToTranslate' into Korean to make many Korean users enjoy your gorgeous bootloader.

Please check the attached translation and let me have your feedback.

In the translating process, I thought the English expressions of your current package installer may need more fine tuning to give a more clear instruction to users. What do you think of this? If you say OK, I'd like to start to touch them.

And one more. If you say OK, I'd like to translate your Russian manual into English and Korean. I can't speak Russian, but I guess I can figure out what you want to say with help of you and Google translator.

I'll look forward to your comments. And thanks for your beautiful work.

Attachments: TextToTranslate-KR.zip

• Like 2

Hi, Slice

I'm comwave7 in Seoul.

Following your instruction, I translated 'TextsToTranslate' into Korean to make many Korean users enjoy your gorgeous bootloader.

Please check the attached translation and let me have your feedback.

In the translating process, I thought the English expressions of your current package installer may need more fine tuning to give a more clear instruction to users. What do you think of this? If you say OK, I'd like to start to touch them.

And one more. If you say OK, I'd like to translate your Russian manual into English and Korean. I can't speak Russian, but I guess I can figure out what you want to say with help of you and Google translator.

I'll look forward to your comments. And thanks for your beautiful work.

Attachments: TextToTranslate-KR.zip

Very good!

I will implement this translation immediately.

If you make English manual I can revise it and edit as much as I know English.

Do it!

Very good!

I will implement this translation immediately.

If you make English manual I can revise it and edit as much as I know English.

Do it!

Thank you!

Then, I'll work on the manual first and send it to you when it's done.

I hope there will be many other language versions in the near future.

Cheer up, Clover developers!!!

P.S. Would you please give me a chance to preview the Korean version of Clover installer before general distribution?

I'd like to check whether my translation is good enough to be part of your work.

Thank you!

Then, I'll work on the manual first and send it to you when it's done.

I hope there will be many other language versions in the near future.

Cheer up, Clover developers!!!

P.S. Would you please give me a chance to preview the Korean version of Clover installer before general distribution?

I'd like to check whether my translation is good enough to be part of your work.

I send the changes to svn. Few hours later I can make the installer.

But what about KoreanFont.png for CloverGUI?

When you attempt to boot Clover from the hard disk are you sure it is not using BIOS as that is considerably slower. Also I have noted when I was testing the HD4000 if the HD4000 config is not quite correct it will slow the boot process as Clover tries to sort out the Graphics. HD4000 seems quite fussy, try an EDID.

My samsung starts with clover the "boot" file

My samsung starts with clover the "boot" file

I assume the disk is a samsung. If you are seeing hidden files like boot/boot3/boot6 where osx is loaded it is likely booting BIOS/UEFI/Clover which is much slower. Clover should be installed in the EFI directory which would normally be disk0s1, and the boot files and Clover (EFI directory) should not be in the hfs+ partition, as this directory in HFS+ will not boot in UEFI, has to be the EFI partition which needs to be formatted in fat32. Clover UEFI does not need the boot files at all, and if they exist your bios will likely use those as a first choice to bootup depending on your BIOS setup.

I assume the disk is a samsung. If you are seeing hidden files like boot/boot3/boot6 where osx is loaded it is likely booting BIOS/UEFI/Clover which is much slower. Clover should be installed in the EFI directory which would normally be disk0s1, and the boot files and Clover (EFI directory) should not be in the hfs+ partition, as this directory in HFS+ will not boot in UEFI, has to be the EFI partition which needs to be formatted in fat32. Clover UEFI does not need the boot files at all, and if they exist your bios will likely use those as a first choice to bootup depending on your BIOS setup.

Thank you for your answer.

Can be linked to the fact that my drive is sattori 4k, formatted MBR.

And even if I make a partition Fat32 anyway i can't throw from that

That's great. I'll create KoreanFont.png.

Where can I get a guide for that? Theme section?

Symbols in the file must have the same order as in Unicode table so I can calculate the position of character knowing its hex code.

See any sample of font file. There are Russian characters, for example

'Б' = 0x0411

has a place in font table 0xC1

So I can calculate

c1 = (((c >=0x410) ? (c -= 0x350) : c) & 0xff); //Russian letters

Clover_v2_rL930-Korean_preview.zip

Symbols in the file must have the same order as in Unicode table so I can calculate the position of character knowing its hex code.

See any sample of font file. There are Russian characters, for example

'Б' = 0x0411

has a place in font table 0xC1

So I can calculate

c1 = (((c >=0x410) ? (c -= 0x350) : c) & 0xff); //Russian letters

Clover_v2_rL930-Korean_preview.zip

OK, I see.

For example, unicode for the first Korean letter '가' is 0xAC00.

How can I create the KoreanFont.png?

Thank you for rL930.

But, I can't see any Korean. Why is that?

Am I missing anything?

2012121443133am.png

Hi - the config.plist is a very common issues. When you install Clover it creates a basic config.plist in the root of the EFI directory and often another in the OEM directory, which it appears is always favourite for Clover to boot from. You have two option. 1. Delete the OEM version of config.plist and keep everything in the EFI root. Or 2. create a sensible name for your motherboard within the OEM directly and use that. Having the two can be confusing both to the user and Clover.

Regarding the new late 2012 imac and machines - you will likely have to wait for 10.8.3 to see those used, and provided by Apple, but you could mod one if you know what you are doing but the AppleTyMCEDriver might be a problem for some.

Good Luck.

@

afd_sg I have deleted the OEM folder prior to this issue. I noticed I had an extra /dict tag, I fixed that as well, but still get iMac 12,1 on boot. Anyone can figure this out for me ?

@

afd_sg I have deleted the OEM folder prior to this issue. I noticed I had an extra /dict tag, I fixed that as well, but still get iMac 12,1 on boot. Anyone can figure this out for me ?

Write into config.plist

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
 <key>ProductName</key>
 <string>iMac13,1</string>
</dict>

OK, I see.

For example, unicode for the first Korean letter '가' is 0xAC00.

How can I create the KoreanFont.png?

Thank you for rL930.

But, I can't see any Korean. Why is that?

Am I missing anything?

Sorry, but I can't check what is missing. For me all is here.

Can you build the package by yourself?

@

Hi - can you post a copy of your config.plist file, as what Slice advised is the very basic?

If you have "Find Any File" search on config.plist on all your installed drives. Another clue would be given in your boot.plist file where you should see where Clover is booting from like in my case....

"Using OEM config.plist at path: EFI\config.plist" - this indicates that I am booting from EFI/Config.plist.

Another issue could be the syntax of your config.plist file which Clover might not understand and it is loading what is most suitable for your setup.

You will get there and look back and see this as fun. - you will certainly learn a lot..., or be like me and learn a bit more and realise the more you learn - the less you know!

Good luck.

Sorry, but I can't check what is missing. For me all is here.

Can you build the package by yourself?

Hi, Slice

I built rL932 package using CG V4.9.

However hard I try, it gives me only English version.

What sort of command do I need to create a Korean.version in CG?

Or, What should I do to activate the 'kr.lproj' in your sourceforge folder?

Please let me have a clue. Thanks.