Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

@artur Sorry, I don't have the posts backed up, I mean 'not lost' as in 'it's still in people's heads' ;)

@Slice AptioFix2 works for any version of OS X AptioFix does, though the issue is kernel cannot slide prior to Mountain Lion... so, if the default kernel address is occupied, there is no way OS X < Mountain Lion can load. Would probably be extremely helpful to find out which kind of data lie around there. ;) It works for Yosemite as well btw.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it might be an idea to move all BootServicesData and similar data types into a reserved area (which would break many UEFI funcs) and if boot.efi fails to load, move them back (so functionality is restored). Of course only works if nothing relevant for basic BS/RT is stored in the kernel address space... Hope someone is interested looking into it!

@Slice AptioFix2 works for any version of OS X AptioFix does, though the issue is kernel cannot slide prior to Mountain Lion... so, if the default kernel address is occupied, there is no way OS X

Just to note that I can boot into 10.7.5 with UEFI + OsxAptioFix first version, not 2.

Just to note that I can boot into 10.7.5 with UEFI + OsxAptioFix first version, not 2.

Well, then as I said, the default kernel area is occupied. ;)

AptioFix moves the kernel to a whole different location, so hard to compare the two anyway. Though if you have a board that has the position free (wasn't it 0x100000 or something like that?), AptioFix2 will work just as fine.

Well, then as I said, the default kernel area is occupied. ;)

AptioFix moves the kernel to a whole different location, so hard to compare the two anyway. Though if you have a board that has the position free (wasn't it 0x100000 or something like that?), AptioFix2 will work just as fine.

Fritz, since you seem to know a bit about AptioFix2: can you tell me why I am getting an error when trying to do  safe boot? See this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page-342?do=findComment&comment=2130496

Hi there,

seems I cannot boot into safe mode anymore. Instead I get this:

Y59smGD.jpg

Because this happens very early (seems my comp cannot even load kernelcache), I think it might be connected to Clover?

Any ideas what could cause this?

Looking at your signature, you have 2x1 TB SSD and 2x3 TB HDD...

You have OS X installed at a FusionDrive or a RAID set? If yes, there's no way to make a SafeBoot or to boot without kext caches...

Any kind of Core Storage devices doesn't exists at the bootloader level, only at OS level, and because of this, there's no device to read from...

Looking at your signature, you have 2x1 TB SSD and 2x3 TB HDD...

You have OS X installed at a FusionDrive or a RAID set? If yes, there's no way to make a SafeBoot or to boot without kext caches...

Nope, just dual boot on separate partitions. Think it's a problem with AptioFix2, since it works with AptioFix - but with the older version I do not have native NVRAM anymore, so of course I'd prefer to boot with AptioFix2

• Like 1

i cant make clover to boot my intelhdgraphs arrandale properly in 10.11. has acceleration but the screen is all messy. no matter what options i mark. i managed to install it and patched the FB, but no solution for it yet. and i had the same problem with 10.10.

any tips about it?

The LAPIC patch in Clover is not working with 10.11.  For now, it's cpus=1 for me and probably many other HP laptop owners.  Perhaps, Donovan6000 will find the location in the kernel to patch it.  Does that mean, however, that we will have to wait for the kernel source code to be made public?

The LAPIC patch in Clover is not working with 10.11.  For now, it's cpus=1 for me and probably many other HP laptop owners.  Perhaps, Donovan6000 will find the location in the kernel to patch it.  Does that mean, however, that we will have to wait for the kernel source code to be made public?

that can take some time...

Hey guys, has anyone found a fix for the "Timeout 0" issue?

I'm still getting the prompt without auto selection with it unless I use "Timeout 1".

Install a theme. Its the only way I get timeout=0 working!!!

Hello, I'm currently experiencing some problems which might damage my hardware later in the future.

Problem with shutdown and restart. Sometimes my machine restarts well, but the other times it shuts down rather than restart itself.

Same goes with shutdown.

Sometimes it shuts properly, the other times it's stuck with black screen and machine is still running(though no hdd activity, can tell it from led), so I need to force shutdown using the power button.

Any ideas on this? I tried FixShutdown in Clover but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Please help!

Install a theme. Its the only way I get timeout=0 working!!!

Thanks for the hint Dr. Hurt.

I tried with embedded theme without success. Would you mind sharing the settings you're using that work?

Hello, I'm currently experiencing some problems which might damage my hardware later in the future.

Problem with shutdown and restart. Sometimes my machine restarts well, but the other times it shuts down rather than restart itself.

Same goes with shutdown.

Sometimes it shuts properly, the other times it's stuck with black screen and machine is still running(though no hdd activity, can tell it from led), so I need to force shutdown using the power button.

Any ideas on this? I tried FixShutdown in Clover but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Please help!

Set HaltEnabler=true in config.plist

Thanks for the hint Dr. Hurt.

I tried with embedded theme without success. Would you mind sharing the settings you're using that work?

Yes, Timeout=0 is not working with embedded theme.

It works with any other theme.

• Like 1

Hello. Thanks for the reply Slice.

I did that too but the problem remains.

Hello..please wich Aptiofix use you?

@Sergey , also had a similar problem on an asus, and I remember with AptioFix2 at that time I resolved, maybe he needs this driver...do you remember?

Friend how are you?

This year come on vacation to Naples? :lol: :lol: Many red wine for you and your family :wink_anim: :wink_anim:

@ Vandebergz please try this ...good luck

AptioFix2Test2.zip

What you "did that too"? Can you show boot.log?

Hello..please wich Aptiofix use you?

@Sergey , also had a similar problem on an asus, and I remember with AptioFix2 at that time I resolved, maybe he needs this driver...do you remember?

Friend how are you?

This year come on vacation to Naples? :lol: :lol: Many red wine for you and your family :wink_anim: :wink_anim:

@ Vandebergz please try this ...good luck

@Slice, Enabling Halt Enabler option in Clover... Anyway, I only found system.log, is it fine?

@magnifico, AptioFix2 ? I checked my EFI folder and turned out there are AptioFix and AptioFix2. Should I remove AptioFix?

system.log.zip

@magnifico, AptioFix2 ? I checked my EFI folder and turned out there are AptioFix and AptioFix2. Should I remove AptioFix?

mhmm?? You have two Aptiofix in your folder?

Delete Aptio fix and rename AptioFix2 to AptioFix

Friend non system log...but boot.log

For boot.log you need this:

Use Yes in Log section

post-410253-0-74891800-1434102832_thumb.png

And after

you have the file in MISC folder...unterstand???

mhmm?? You have two Aptiofix in your folder?

Delete Aptio fix and rename AptioFix2 to AptioFix

Friend non system log...but boot.log

For boot.log you need this:

Use Yes in Log section

attachicon.gifSchermata 2015-06-12 alle 11.52.55.png

And after

you have the file in MISC folder...unterstand???

Okay, thanks magnifico. I'll try renaming it and booting that way

So I checked Clover, there's no log option? But debug is there, I think it replaces log? Because it appears in misc after boot. I attached it anyway

debug.log.zip

Hello. Thanks for the reply Slice.

I did that too but the problem remains.

And see log

0:243  0:006  Default theme: embedded

as I said before the timeout=0 is not working with embedded them. Clear?

Friend how are you?

Hello Carmine!

No, this year I am going to Spain, Valencia region.

AptioFix different versions may work or not with different hardware. Just to test all possibilities.

ASUSCPUPM patch is also needed.

And see log

0:243  0:006  Default theme: embedded

as I said before the timeout=0 is not working with embedded them. Clear?

Sorry Slice but I think it's ila225 who has the problem, it's not me! Because I'm using timeout=3 and it's working fine...

Sorry Slice but I think it's ila225 who has the problem, it's not me! Because I'm using timeout=3 and it's working fine...

What problem did you ask?

What problem did you ask?

Well.

My problem with shutdown and restart. Sometimes my machine restarts well, but the other times it shuts down(like being forced to shutdown by pressing power button), not restart.

Same goes with shutdown.

As I remember restart works properly prior to early minutes from boot, but after some usage it might work or might not.

Still trying to figure it out