Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Lets see if I make myself clear... I have option to boot from the hard disk on legacy mode and also on UEFI mode.

√ If I boot in legacy mode, I see some text displayed, boot0 or something like that and after that I see clover GUI. All work fine this way

√ If I boot in UEFI mode, than I have a 3 minute delay until I can see the Clover GUI. This is my problem, this huge delay !

Hello Clover Users,

I've got clover setup and working almost 100% by booting with UEFI, I cant figure out how to get my Hack to wake from sleep. The computer under 10.8.2 has no issues going to sleep, but I cant wake the computer when sleeping with USB keyboard/mouse, Bluetooth mouse, or with network admin such as SSH or ARD.

I noticed that wake by pushing the power button works, but the USB is dead until I unplug the devices (ex USB keyboard/mouse) and reinsert.

Does anyone have any advise on how I might be able to make this working?

:wink2:

Yes..add string in config.plis

Ps: Can you send screen your bios in menu boot ?

Am I replacing the PBR string for this one or am I supposed to add an additional field string to the key or a new key and string?

Not sure if I understand you correctly. This string will make the the legacy boot work? Or does it set clover to boot in legacy by default without really changing anything in the legacy boot?

Am I replacing the PBR string for this one or am I supposed to add an additional field string to the key or a new key and string?

Not sure if I understand you correctly. This string will make the the legacy boot work? Or does it set clover to boot in legacy by default without really changing anything in the legacy boot?

Attached your config.plist ..i wait

Important news

Attention ....Today I found software updates ... two of them were imac efi, I updated and with an unpleasant surprise I found bios reset... :hammer:

http://cl.ly/image/0i2O1j3Q2m1Z

Here you go. Thanks for all the help.

it's ok ...now you have in your bios the first boot clover osx?

Lets see if I make myself clear... I have option to boot from the hard disk on legacy mode and also on UEFI mode.

√ If I boot in legacy mode, I see some text displayed, boot0 or something like that and after that I see clover GUI. All work fine this way

√ If I boot in UEFI mode, than I have a 3 minute delay until I can see the Clover GUI. This is my problem, this huge delay !

Yes i have unterstound..but you have or not in bios the first boot cloverosx?

it's ok ...now you have in your bios the first boot clover osx?

Yes, when it boots it still goes by default to OS X (and I want it to). I just want to be able to boot WIndows in legacy mode. I don't have it installed anymore to test but I hope it will work when I do install it.

Yes, when it boots it still goes by default to OS X (and I want it to). I just want to be able to boot WIndows in legacy mode. I don't have it installed anymore to test but I hope it will work when I do install it.

Men you break the head before ...install win and after try ... :wallbash:

I got it working by specifying

<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>USBInjection</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>

I made this change to /EFI/config.plist its causes OS X 10.8.2 on my Hack to boot to a white screen. Its not work with my hardware. =(

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks,

Mrengles

Yes I do. result is the same with about 3 minutes delay

Hi Taruga...

It's completely no sense this issue that you are experiencing... :|

In less than 30sec I'm on my Desktop on UEFI boot...

Did you have a copy of Clover's EFI folder on any other place than your main boot disk???

Delete the "OEM" folder to prevent any confusion on the boot loader...

And also, I can confirm that Clover can boot RAID Volumes with any kind of RAID set...

post-628175-0-65531800-1352064452_thumb.png

Hi magnifico,

dmazar is helping me, seems that the delay is because of hard discs and the way they are recognized, maybe I have too much of them. I will try to boot with only one of them to check if the 3 minute delay remains or not.

For those interested, here is a video of the boot process with debug enabled to see what´s going on during this 3 minutes delay

I think I have too many hard disks ;)

Captura%20de%20ecr%C3%A3%202012-11-4%2C%20%C3%A0s%2021.37.14.png

Yes...

This may be a good explanation...

I believe that you already make a test by leaving only one disk and confirm this theory right???

@shiecldk

How are the things with your MOBO???

Yesterday I had to re-flash the UEFI BIOS because my MOBO became to life

and restored the old BIOS by itself...

:turbin:

Beside this weird thing, everything is fine...

Hi magnifico,

dmazar is helping me, seems that the delay is because of hard discs and the way they are recognized, maybe I have too much of them. I will try to boot with only one of them to check if the 3 minute delay remains or not.

Ok...dmazar is my teacher ...but I have written to you before removing all the hd from your mainboard

I'm trying to get TRIM working with KextsToPatch but it does not work with OS 10.8.2. Here is what my /EFI/config.plist looks like:

<dict>
<key>0</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QVBQTEUgU1NE</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I'm editing with xCode the actual data entered was find <4150504c 45205353 44> and replace <00000000 00000000 00>. What am I doing wrong? I know there was some changes made with 10.8.1 regarding TRIM support, do we need to change anything with our Clover configurations regarding the change?

Another thing, why when viewing the plist as text, and with xcode the data find/replace different?

Thanks!

@shiecldk

How are the things with your MOBO???

Yesterday I had to re-flash the UEFI BIOS because my MOBO became to life

and restored the old BIOS by itself...

:turbin:

Beside this weird thing, everything is fine...

Did you mean UEFI resets itself??

Was the screen showed like this? (Let's call it "reset screen"....)

Jpa9W.jpg

I've come across with this problem many times. My solution is to wait it continuously reboots itself until it's able to get into UEFI setting screen (This means on more "reset screen" showed). (Sometime you need power off it and reboot it. :fiery: )

Otherwise, you can tear down the CMOS battery, put it back and set up the UEFI settings. (This way is rapid but I don't suggest...)

I'm using the original AppleRTC.kext without any other patch, and the RTC code in DSDT is like this:

Device (RTC)
		 {
			 Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
			 Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
			 {
				 IO (Decode16,
					 0x0070,			 // Range Minimum
					 0x0070,			 // Range Maximum
					 0x01,			 // Alignment
					 0x02,			 // Length
					 )
			 })
		 }

Sometime it still resets the UEFI itself. (This usually happened after a kernel panic or a forced shutdown though power botten) It drives me crazy... :wallbash:

In conclusion, the compatibility of the UEFI firmware with OS X is not as good as the original Bios. :thumbsdown_anim:

btw,

I've flashed it to U1B and found out that by deleting internal graphic codes in DSDT can make it wake after it sleeps. However, it shutdowns itself a few minutes later every time after it wakes...

This is the original U1B DSDT:

DSDT_U1B.aml.zip

This is what I'm using now (deleted internal graphic codes):

DSDT.zip

I think because of Gigabyte's laziness, we're not able to wake the system up in OS X, only if we clean up the internal graphic codes in DSDT.

They just copy Z68's UEFI to P67, so that we have some compatible with OS X.

PS. I found out that the performance of HD 6850 drops about 85% after it wakes. (The test result in OpenCL_OceanWave_Mai_2012 dropped from 357fps to 58fps.)

Update 1:

I've got sleep work now.... But I still need some time to edit it. I'll share the result with you later! :thumbsup_anim:

(It's related to DSDT and the plist file I gave you.)

yeah, thanks. But I have to do that other day. If it works, fine... I will know the reason of the delay. But it will be no solution for me to disconnect HDD's just to boot from clover

It seems to me that delay is caused with very slow access to certain disks which your UEFI see as ATA disks and not SATA. Maybe disks that are connected to non-intell controller (marvell?).

Anyway, unless you find a way how to resolve this, UEFI Clover will not be a solution for you. What I would try:

- boot with those disks disconnected just to see if this is really the show stopper

- try to find some option in BIOS to make them visible as SATA drives in UEFI

- or to try with some TianoCore drivers to see if they will replace bad ones from your UEFI (@Slice: SataController, AtaAtapiPassthrough, AtaBus?)

It seems to me that delay is caused with very slow access to certain disks which your UEFI see as ATA disks and not SATA. Maybe disks that are connected to non-intell controller (marvell?).

Anyway, unless you find a way how to resolve this, UEFI Clover will not be a solution for you. What I would try:

- boot with those disks disconnected just to see if this is really the show stopper

- try to find some option in BIOS to make them visible as SATA drives in UEFI

- or to try with some TianoCore drivers to see if they will replace bad ones from your UEFI (@Slice: SataController, AtaAtapiPassthrough, AtaBus?)

Yes, but I don't know if the replacement will occur. UEFI has a driver like AHCI.efi. How to switch it off?