Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

Hi Sergey. :) So any idea for my hardware then? I don't have nvda_drv in nvram plist. So, trying to remove it from there...didn't do much for me.

I'm not sure this is NVRAM related (although, of course, I might be wrong). The reason why I'm not sure this is NVRAM related is that when I removed rootless=0 from config, I didn't have this issue of still seeing it when booting up. I removed it, it was removed for good. So...why would it be any different for nvda_drv=1? Any idea?

I see you are using EmuVariableUefi-64,efi

but I think you have hardware NVRAM and should exclude this driver.

Something new I found in you dumps

2:339  0:000   Adding Key: rc_imgsrc_info: Size = 98, Data: 

I never saw such variable and don't know what it means.

And one more question

12:980  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11
12:989  0:009    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\CodecCommander.kext
12:998  0:008    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\FakeSMC.kext
13:002  0:004    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11\realtekALC.kext

Is this a problem of your reboot?

And one more question

12:980  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.11

Ok, I'll try to remove EmuVariableUefi-64 and see what happens. 

For imgsrc_info, I found this. I'm not sure how much it helps though... 

You're right. I forgot to remove those from EFI since it's not using them anyway. I'm not sure if that's the source of the reboots. But I'm trying now.

0x1 = SIP disabled + Allows Unsigned Kexts

0x3 = SIP disabled + Allows Unsigned Kexts + Allows unrestricted Access to FileSystem

so:

0x0 = SIP Fully Enabled
0x1 = 0x65 = Enable unsigned kexts + Enable NVRAM edit + Disable /System access
0x3 = 0x67 = Enable unsigned kexts + Enable NVRAM edit + Enable /System access

correct?

• Like 1

so:

0x0 = SIP Fully Enabled
0x1 = 0x65 = Enable unsigned kexts + Enable NVRAM edit + Disable /System access
0x3 = 0x67 = Enable unsigned kexts + Enable NVRAM edit + Enable /System access

correct?

Well, short answer, no. :)

0x1 enables only one bit: CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS.

0x65 enables: 

CSR_ALLOW_UNTRUSTED_KEXTS

CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID

CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE

CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM

0x3 enables:

CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS

0x67 enables:

CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_FS
CSR_ALLOW_TASK_FOR_PID
CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_DTRACE
CSR_ALLOW_UNRESTRICTED_NVRAM

If, by equal, you mean they do similar things and they have things in common, then yes, they do. If you mean they are doing the same things, no, they don't. Some of them will enable features that the other ones will not.
  • Like 1

But for new installation? We need to inject fakesmc from? (If we can not from EFI)

For new installations, I would stick to DP3 or PB1, and upgrade after every kext (especially FakeSMC) is in place and properly set up.

Meaning you use the USB stick with DP3 or PB1 to install the OS (make sure Clover is the latest version). When it's done, you move your custom kexts into L/E for example (don't forget to set proper permissions for each one of them), then reboot and gradually upgrade to the latest version.

I noticed a really annoying issue when using Clover Configurator 4.23.0 (and more likely all versions) and new arguments in RtVariables like BooterConfig & CsrActiveConfig :

If you open your config.plist with it and make any change to it, it will just wipe out the new edits in RtVariables, restoring SIP back to default mode : enabled

Can someone confirm this ?

You need to wait update of CC.

This forum is not related with CC support.

I can confirm your problem, from long time I use light config plist and I open only with text edit.

I agree but since CC is used by lot of person (including me) and that this forum is related to new arguments that directly concern Clover, I think that info could interest some of them. It's not a matter of CC support and I don't ask here if and when it will be fixed !

No offense, but let's not forget that all this new stuff about SIP is complex enough to not focus only on what is related to or not...

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation :D.

• Like 1

I agree but since CC is used by lot of person (including me) and that this forum is related to new arguments that directly concern Clover, I think that info could interest some of them. It's not a matter of CC support and I don't ask here if and when it will be fixed !

No offense, but let's not forget that all this new stuff about SIP is complex enough to not focus only on what is related to or not...

Anyway, thanks for the confirmation :D.

I think such questions should be addressed to this thread      Clover Third-Party Tools     but there is no discussion.

Open new thread for CC discussion? If the author wants to discuss...

I think such questions should be addressed to this thread      Clover Third-Party Tools     but there is no discussion.

Open new thread for CC discussion? If the author wants to discuss...

OK, thanks. I will (try at least :D).

But this was not a question actually. I mean, I just wanted to share the info and have a confirmation, nothing more ;). Sorry if it was off-topic.

And one more question

Hi, Sergey.

I removed the kexts from EFI/CLOVER/kexts. That was a mistake anyway. But it didn't make any difference on the reboot issues. I also uninstalled EmuVariableUefi-64 and everything was still ok. So probably it wasn't necessary from the very beginning. Thank you for the tip. :)

Now, I tried something. And I think this has something to do with the nvda_drv boot flag.

If I add nvda_drv=1 (even if it's just for one time, in Clover Options, on boot time), the boot is successful every time. I added it now manually in config.plist so that I don't need to do it every time I start my computer.

If I don't add that flag, it will create reboot problems 90% of the times. The computer reaches the login screen, freezes for a second, then reboots. Next time it boots up, usually everything is ok and I can reach the Desktop. Worst case scenario, it will reboot one more time.

So now, even though the Nvidia driver is installed, it's not in use. I'm using the default OS X driver with nvda_drv=1 manually added in Clover config, since, enabling the proprietary driver from Nvidia causes the shutdown issues I told you about (computer doesn't shut down completely).

It's a strange workaround but it seems to work ok for now. Of course, it doesn't make much sense to have nvda_drv=1 if you're not actually using the Nvidia driver. But, so far, it's the only way I can have successful shutdowns and no reboots on startup.

So these are my results after applying your suggestions.

Now, I'll let you decide if this has anything to do with Clover or not, and if it does, maybe there's a fix for it.

Again, thank you very much for your help. :)

Fix what? Usage of nvda_drv=1?

I don't know. :)) I just thought it's a bit weird that when I add that boot flag, even if I'm not using the actual Nvidia driver, everything is ok as far as startup goes. But if I remove the flag, the reboot issues start.

I don't know if it's got anything to do with Clover, that's the thing. Maybe it doesn't. Only you can decide that. I just mentioned my results in case it might have something to do with it and maybe there is something that can be done to fix this issue.

But I guess it's not related to Clover so, really, if you've got any idea what could cause this, please, let me know. If not, then I guess I'll just try re-enabling the Nvidia driver later on? Maybe it's from the OS itself.

Thank you. :)