OS X 10.8.3 all Builds !

fantomas

328 posts in this topic

Exactly same here!

The "some unknown force" may be called a disease.

But, I always wanna be a patient to that SWEET disease! :)

Never seen someone so reluctant to openly accept a disease. o.o

Update worked fine for my aging c2q just the usual HDA patching was needed.

What system freezes? Don't take this the wrong way, and it's possible it's from a apple bug, but don't expect software updates to fix system configuration problems. Very rarely will a update "fix" any issues on a hackintosh, only make new issues that we need to fix :) That being said, some unknown force still compels me to install them the moment they're available :)

http://www.pixelmator.com/blog/2012/12/06/setback/

Did they apply the openCL patch and edited AGPM.kext?

Who? In what case do you mean?

Nvidia freezes (Channel exceptions) happens also on real Mac with some Nvidia gpus and some OpenGL Apps. Modded or native agpm doesnt matter (in my case with 9600 GT heaven benchmark fails/freezes since 10.8.2).

Who? In what case do you mean?

Nvidia freezes (Channel exceptions) happens also on real Mac with some Nvidia gpus and some OpenGL Apps. Modded or native agpm doesnt matter (in my case with 9600 GT heaven benchmark fails/freezes since 10.8.2).

I sometimes have a freeze (stock drivers), but I don't have any freeze anymore in any benchmark/even in heaven benchmark. Are you sure that openCL is activated?

The Nvidia Channel exception error (freezes) is independent from OpenCL. It can happen in OpenGL only Apps, OpenCL only Apps and Apps with both.

For hackintoshs it startet by using Fermi gpus. BUT this error happens also to realmac gpus or in hackintoosh with supported gpu types which arent fermi type.

Error seems hard to fix for Apple because exist over 1 year - was fixed for some gpu / Opengl tasks but came back later again in other gpu type / OpenGL task combinations.

• Like 1

The Nvidia Channel exception error (freezes) is independent from OpenCL. It can happen in OpenGL only Apps, OpenCL only Apps and Apps with both.

For hackintoshs it startet by using Fermi gpus. BUT this error happens also to realmac gpus or in hackintoosh with supported gpu types which arent fermi type.

Error seems hard to fix for Apple because exist over 1 year - was fixed for some gpu / Opengl tasks but came back later again in other gpu type / OpenGL task combinations.

Thanks for the info. I really thought this was only a Fermi issue, but if real Mac's also dealing with the same problem, than the only one to fix this is nVidia.

It may sound strange, but I was getting the same (channel) timeout issue on Linux (Ubuntu) when resuming the machine after sleep, search on "linux nouveau channel timeout".

12D44 out !

Its a joke ?

Edit: someone is having problems whit the USB disk or memory ??

I have this in my dmesg and also i have a KP when i connect any disk or memory in the USB , no problems if i left connected before the boot

USBF: 188.962 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801ff01000]: unable to get filterInterruptEventSource
USBF: 188.962 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff801ff01000]::UIMInitialize - Error occurred (0xe00002be)

12D44 - downloading ... will report result later.

"I have this in my dmesg and also i have a KP when i connect any disk or memory in the USB , no problems if i left connected before the boot"

I will check this. Did you mean that this happens since D44 and it not happens up to D43?

EDIT: well running D44 (updated from well running D43)

I tested USB Stick - no problems / no KP, like any 10.8.3 dev build. (Gigabyte EP 35 "oldi" board)

"

I have this in my dmesg and also i have a KP when i connect any disk or memory in the USB , no problems if i left connected before the boot"

I will check this. Did you mean that this happens since D44 and it not happens up to D43?

I think it will go final sometime next week... So D44 may be the final version. Just a thought.

Infos D44 vs D43:

- kernel is same

- Geforce is same

Changes:

-Appstore, Messages, Photo Booth, QuicktimePlayer, Safari, some Bluetooth apps/plugins

- IO80211Family

- IOBluetoothFamily + IOBlue...HID

- Bluetooth framework, WLAN framework, Webcore framework, 80211 framework, ...

Very less changes , to system level to D43 , beside bluetooth + WLAN

• Like 1

Infos D44 vs D43:

- kernel is same

- Geforce is same

Changes:

-Appstore, Messages, Photo Booth, QuicktimePlayer, Safari, some Bluetooth apps/plugins

- IO80211Family

can you attach IO80211Family.kext from D44?

only if you dont mind

"I have this in my dmesg and also i have a KP when i connect any disk or memory in the USB , no problems if i left connected before the boot"

EDIT: well running D44 (updated from well running D43)

I tested USB Stick - no problems / no KP, like any 10.8.3 dev build. (Gigabyte EP 35 "oldi" board)

My problems whit the USB are whit the D43. whit the D44 the Dmesg error disappear, and for now no one KP at all !

I will test in deep today and report in the night !

Edit again: after put the trim enabler.. again Unknown AHCI Standard Controller: :( and also again the USB errors in the dmesg .....

Edit again : DON'T USE THE APP TRIM ENABLER ( http://www.groths.org/?page_id=322 )!!! this is the cause of many problems !!! better use the terminal comand :

[u]Make backup first :[/u]

sudo cp -r /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/ /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.BACKUP

[u]Later the patch :[/u]

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x54)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Infos D44 vs D43:

- kernel is same

- Geforce is same

Changes:

- IO80211Family

Hi, mitch. Would you mind testing if signing in message is available? Follow this way to test :D

http://www.insanelym...40#entry1875103