10.8.2 Final! (C54)

mitch_de

128 posts in this topic

PH, did your battery get better with ML (especially the updates), did it get worse or stayed just the same as with Lion/Snow Leopard? Remember that mine is a netbook. With Windows 7, it used to get easily 240+ minutes (because of full sleep/speedstep support, which i don't achieve yet with Mountain Lion).

:) maybe it's better to quote my post, so that I can notice your reply to me.

I don't think I achieve better battery life.

Even worse, when my battery is low, my hack even cannot tell me how much time I left

But when it's full or much left, my hack were ale to tell me nearly 2 hours left

After one night's sleep, both windows and mac drop nearly 20% battery life.

So I suppose they would be almost same.

if your computer wont boot or acpi state not working try this kext.

Exactly what I needed to do to avoid KP, thanks a lot m8!

Too bad hack updates are still a game of lottery, even with very compatible hardware.

What would be the cause of the ACPI panic?

@ stackcheese and bodyrock2008:

DL Kext Utility and AppleACPIPlatform kext

Now, I do this manually but I think Kext Utility will do this automated by replacing the kext.

Do not open Kext Utility instead slide the AppleACPIPlatform kext onto the Kext Utility icon, it should then ask for your admin password, replace the file and repair permissions, reboot and report back.

In case it does not want to replace remove the kext first from System/Library/Extensions, manualy move the new one in and then open up Kext Utility which will repair permissions, reboot and report back.

Good luck!

• Like 1

@ stackcheese and bodyrock2008:

DL Kext Utility and AppleACPIPlatform kext

Now, I do this manually but I think Kext Utility will do this automated by replacing the kext.

Do not open Kext Utility instead slide the AppleACPIPlatform kext onto the Kext Utility icon, it should then ask for your admin password, replace the file and repair permissions, reboot and report back.

In case it does not want to replace remove the kext first from System/Library/Extensions, manualy move the new one in and then open up Kext Utility which will repair permissions, reboot and report back.

Good luck!

All done and booted ok. Now how do I know if everything is working as it should? I'm an old hat at windows but this is all a little new to me

if your computer wont boot or acpi state not working try this kext.

After I disabled VT-d in BIOS it also works with the original 10.8.2. AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

Using a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with BIOS F9.

Update went fine here. Huge Boost performances

Whats the version of the new AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

Mine is still showing this :

AppleACPIPlatform:

Version: 1.6

Last Modified: 25/06/12 08:03

Kind: Intel

Architectures: x86_64

64-Bit (Intel): Yes

Kext Version: 1.6

Load Address: 0xffffff7f807ad000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Satisfied

Edited by bergoulle

Update went fine here.

Whats the version of the new AppleACPIPlatform.kext ?

Confusingly, the version is still 1.6. But the binary inside has changed. I md5-summed the old and new ones to see for myself.

Anyone who needed to rollback ACPIPlatform, are you using the ACPISensors or OemSMBIOS kexts? I'm just wondering what triggers the problem with the updated kext. I use Kozlek's HWSensors branch of FakeSMC but only with the CPU, GPU and MB sensor kexts.

Updated my Toshiba Qosmio laptop successfully through software update but it wouldn't go past the apple logo on reboot - (no such issues with 10.8.1 update before.

Solution? Replaced the AppleACPIPlatform.kext forom unixservice - thanks a lot for that!

Confusingly, the version is still 1.6. But the binary inside has changed. I md5-summed the old and new ones to see for myself.

Anyone who needed to rollback ACPIPlatform, are you using the ACPISensors or OemSMBIOS kexts? I'm just wondering what triggers the problem with the updated kext. I use Kozlek's HWSensors branch of FakeSMC but only with the CPU, GPU and MB sensor kexts.

Same here, but I also needed to rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext to boot.

I have updated my Dell Optiplex 780 thru 10.8.2 combo update after that reinstalled chameleon and rebooted with success no KP or what ever :)

I wanna update the OSX wiki page for my system but there is no 10.8.2 page yet.

I am using the same HWSensors and I never have any issue with KP. Maybe it's board specific since we all use hack.

opencl fix for the fermi 5xxx ...

for the stock 10.8.2 drivers (8.0.61 295.30.20f02 version) this fix still works

"So, open up a hex editor of your liking and do this:

open /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib (as root or with sudo)

find: 8B 87 1C 0C 00 00 89 06 8B 87 20 0C 00 00 89 02

replace by: 31 C0 FF C0 FF C0 89 06 31 C0 89 02 90 90 90 90

save

reboot is not required, but recommended" from the first post... :thumbsup_anim:

...works for me..