Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6225 replies to this topic

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

So after installing 10.9.2 in virtualbox and then upgrading to 10.9.4 with a combo update with rc3 all seems well except if I try and view "About This Mac" from the apple menu. Finder seems to reboot after this error

tumblr_nb18wmnVxe1s7anamo2_1280.jpg

For rebooting Finder try to paste VoodooTSCSync for AMD cpus, maybe that will work for you. About shutting down I think it's not a problem with kernel. I have FX too and restart and shutdown working very well :)

Redbyte

Redbyte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

For rebooting Finder try to paste VoodooTSCSync for AMD cpus, maybe that will work for you. About shutting down I think it's not a problem with kernel. I have FX too and restart and shutdown working very well :)

Well using VoodooTSCSync changed the error

tumblr_nb1b644sew1s7anamo1_1280.png

And yes I don't think the KP on shutdown is related to the kernel but I lack the knowledge and experience to deduce what the issue is sadly.

Thanks

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 904 posts

Try other fakesmc.kext ))

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

Maybe you should try paste System.kext from Bronya's kernel package? Or install osx on real hard drive, not in virtualbox. This will be faster, easier and more comfortable for you and your amd machine ;)

P.S. You don't have to use the newest kernel from Bronya. You can use previous Bronya's kernels, they working very well too with 10.9.0-10.9.4 versions :)

Redbyte

Redbyte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Try other fakesmc.kext ))

I have tried both the one from MyHack and the latest one available (updated 08.07.2014)

Maybe you should try paste System.kext from Bronya's kernel package? Or install osx on real hard drive, not in virtualbox. This will be faster, easier and more comfortable for you and your amd machine ;)

P.S. You don't have to use the newest kernel from Bronya. You can use previous Bronya's kernels, they working very well too with 10.9.0-10.9.4 versions :)

I have swapped the System kext with Bronya's. The reason I am using a virtualbox setup is it seemed Bronya was working on trying to make it work a little better so I thought I would give it a shot as I have dozens of virtual machines. And the reason for using latest kernel is this is the closest I have been to being able to get anything past 10.9.2 to load. 10.9.3-4 are not friendly to my rigs for some reason.

It seems coming here is just causing all kinds of trouble, and I'm sorry about that I just enjoy making OS X load on amd as a hobby and only have been at it for about 4 months of actual work. But thanks for the help regardless.

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Is it possible to use VoodooPState with the latest kernel? I was under the impression that the System.kext with the latest kernel was patched for VoodooPState, but I must have misread... When I use VoodooPState My CPU only goes up to 1600 MHz.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy