Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6343 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts

Good morning theconnactic ,
Thanks in advance for your work. I will test the kernel, tonight. I am now at work. I'm already looking forward to the test.
:-)

For which kernel can I take your last xnu.diff?

Spakk, the diff isn't really new: is from the latest "connactic" kernel, that one that gives us kernel panics with core crypto. I didn't post it before, so i post now so anyone could edit it and improve it. It basically the bronzovkAnvoodoo diff, with minor changes so it compiles with 10.8 kernel. So that answers your question: you should use it with 10.8.0 XNU, for build tha last connactic kernel i posted (the output won't really be "connactic"but mach_kernel instead: i rename it so i wouldn't have to replace the original kernel).

P.S.: I just found my insanelymac signature was wrong, lol! I was using 10.7.4 with raw's kernel with my AMD - which i downgraded to Snow Leopard. On my Intel, i'm with 10.8.2. When i edited the sig, i copied and pasted from the AMD machine description and change 10.7.4 to 10.8.2, but forgot to erase "running 32-bit with raw kernel". That could've been misleading, so i'm luck to have noticed it soon. :)

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Spakk, the diff isn't really new: is from the latest "connactic" kernel, that one that gives us kernel panics with core crypto. I didn't post it before, so i post now so anyone could edit it and improve it. It basically the bronzovkAnvoodoo diff, with minor changes so it compiles with 10.8 kernel. So that answers your question: you should use it with 10.8.0 XNU, for build tha last connactic kernel i posted (the output won't really be "connactic"but mach_kernel instead: i rename it so i wouldn't have to replace the original kernel).

P.S.: I just found my insanelymac signature was wrong, lol! I was using 10.7.4 with raw's kernel with my AMD - which i downgraded to Snow Leopard. On my Intel, i'm with 10.8.2. When i edited the sig, i copied and pasted from the AMD machine description and change 10.7.4 to 10.8.2, but forgot to erase "running 32-bit with raw kernel". That could've been misleading, so i'm luck to have noticed it soon. :)

1.Test;

running with kernel "connactic" and with last "xnu.diff"

System stops at the following point:

tclock_init: Taking bus ratio path 3 AMD Phenom
tclock_init: Phenom MSR 0xc0010071 returned:0x140000c15
TSC: Verification of clock speed not available in x86_64.
Darwin Kernel Version 12.0.0: Fri Oct 5 03.08.06 BRT 2012: bronzovkANVoodoo v0.9.30;XNUPATCHED/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64
vm_page_bootstrap: 1069708 free pages and 91828 wired pages
Kext supmap 0xffffff7f8080b000 - 0xffffff8000000000 , kernel text 0xffffff8000200000 - 0xffffff800080b000
zone leak detection enabled
standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us
standard background quantum is 2500 us
mig_table_max_displ=74

2.Test;

with last bronzovka Kernel and last "xnu.diff" with boot flag: -legacy -v -f arch=i386 cpus=6

System stops at the following point:

kxld com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI; In interface com.apple.kpi.unsupported of ____kernel___, couldn't find symbol _mach_gss_lookup

3.Test;

I disabled in the BIOS Firewire. and started
started with boot flag: -legacy -v -f arch=i386 cpus=6

boat runs much better, I still have to rework a few mistakes. I sign up again later.......

3.Test;

No luck

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
Thank for your tests, spakk!

Could you redo test n.1 adding the bootflag maxmem=4096, please? I'm not at home and cannot do it myself.

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Could you redo test n.1 adding the bootflag maxmem=4096, please? I'm not at home and cannot do it myself.

and if that doesn't work, try maxmem=2048

bcobco

bcobco

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
i think... maxmem=... 4096, or 4095 ? (because of the offset)

maybe also -x flag can help

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

i think... maxmem=... 4096, or 4095 ? (because of the offset)

maybe also -x flag can help

hmm, i've always heard 2048, but its possible

does corecrypto even load with -x or -s?

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

I'm just to reinstall Mountain Lion again and then I'll do the tests again. It could be an error in the last installation of Mountain Lion has emerged.

I will report later.

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
on reverse engineering in USA:

Spoiler

- Wikipedia

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts
Hi @ ll

I deleted everything and reinstalled. And everything tested again with a lot of combinations and different kernel boot flag, it does not boot.
I need a new kernel Patch for Phenom II X6 1100 T.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,944 posts
We need a Buldozer to test with. Why am i saying that? Because i removed core crypto from my intel hackintosh, and yet it boots just fine. The next lines after core crypto in a normal boot are the ACPI kexts, then the initialization of Mac Frameworks. This, plus the invalid opcode message from our core crypto panic, makes me wonder if we reached the point where the lack of ssse3 support is the thing that's preventing us to progress. If it is, then a Bulldozer (or Trinity, or Bobcat) would be able to go further and even to boot to the desktop (unlikely, but...), if it does not get an instant reboot (which was what Bulldozers usually got with the arch x86_64 version of RAW's kernel for Lion).

Anyone who has a FX-series CPU, please step in and volunteer: this could be the turn of the tide (or not).

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Though I don't have a bulldozer machine, I'd like to add that AMDs "Trinity" line of APUs (the a10-xxx a8-xxx and a6-xxx) also have ssse3.

EDIT: sorry, didn't notice theconnactic already mentioned this. I've been considering a Trinity upgrade for a while, this would just about do it.. Bonne Chance :o

ZackehSoul

ZackehSoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Why am i saying that? Because i removed core crypto from my intel hackintosh, and yet it boots just fine.

You wiped your cache beforehand, yes? If not it could have just been loaded via the cache. (Just making sure so we don't assume)

But yes, I believe the lack of SSSE3 support is the issue.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Mountain Lion without corecrypto.kext.

Attached Files

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Mountain Lion without corecrypto.kext.

Hi
What AMD CPU do you have?
And which kernel and boot flag do you use?

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

We need a Buldozer to test with. Why am i saying that? Because i removed core crypto from my intel hackintosh, and yet it boots just fine. The next lines after core crypto in a normal boot are the ACPI kexts, then the initialization of Mac Frameworks. This, plus the invalid opcode message from our core crypto panic, makes me wonder if we reached the point where the lack of ssse3 support is the thing that's preventing us to progress. If it is, then a Bulldozer (or Trinity, or Bobcat) would be able to go further and even to boot to the desktop (unlikely, but...), if it does not get an instant reboot (which was what Bulldozers usually got with the arch x86_64 version of RAW's kernel for Lion).

Anyone who has a FX-series CPU, please step in and volunteer: this could be the turn of the tide (or not).

Hi

which kernel and boot flag should I test? How should I modify my org.chameleon.boot.plist?

here my org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist, I boot to time without the DSDT.aml.

org.chameleon.boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "[url="http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd%22>"][url="http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd%22>[/url"][url="http://www.apple.com...-1.0.dtd%22>[/url[/url]]<plist"]http://www.apple.com...rl[/url]]<plist[/url] version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>	<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>	<key>EnableC2State</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>GenerateCStates</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>GeneratePStates</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Graphics Mode</key>	<string>1600x1200x32</string>	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Kernel</key>	<string>con</string>	<key>Kernel Flags</key>	<string>-v -f CPUS=2 maxmem=2048 npci=0x2000</string>	<key>KeyLayout</key>	<string>mac-de</string>	<key>Legacy Logo</key>	<string>Yes</string>		<key>QuietBoot</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>SMBIOS</key>	<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>	<key>ShowInfo</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Theme</key>	<string>Blackosx_Button</string>	<key>Timeout</key>	<string>5</string>	<key>USBBusFix</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>UseKernelCache</key>	<string>YES</string>	<key>Wait</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Wake</key>	<string>Yes</string>	<key>Busratio</key>	<string>15</string>	<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>	<dict>		<key>@0,compatible</key>		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>		<key>@0,device_type</key>		<string>display</string>		<key>@0,name</key>		<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>		<key>@1,compatible</key>		<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>		<key>@1,device_type</key>		<string>display</string>		<key>@1,name</key>		<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>		<key>NVCAP</key>		<data>		BAAAAAAAAwAEAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=		</data>		<key>NVPM</key>		<data>		AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==		</data>		<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>		<string>0x30720000</string>		<key>device_type</key>		<string>NVDA,Parent</string>		<key>model</key>		<string>NVidia Geforce GTX 550 TI 3072 MB</string>		<key>name</key>		<string>display</string>		<key>rom-revision</key>		<string>NVidia Geforce GTX 550 TI 3072 MB OpenGL Engine [EFI]</string>	</dict></plist>

smbios.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "[url="http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd%22>"]http://www.apple.com...yList-1.0.dtd">[/url]
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMUUID</key>
	<string>B8C2723E-99BC-5D10-8863-78964092C5B9</string>
	<key>SMbiosdate</key>
	<string>10/17/11</string>
	<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
	<string>Apple Inc.</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>IM121.88Z.0047.B1D.1110171110</string>
	<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-942B59F58194171B</string>
	<key>SMexternalclock</key>
	<string>200</string>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>iMac</string>
	<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
	<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
	<string>3717</string>
	<key>SMmembankloc_1</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmembankloc_2</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmembankloc_3</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmembankloc_4</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemdevloc_1</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemdevloc_2</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemdevloc_3</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemdevloc_4</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemmanufacter_2</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemmanufacter_3</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemmanufacter_4</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmempart_1</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmempart_2</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmempart_3</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmempart_4</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemserial_1</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemserial_2</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemserial_3</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemserial_4</key>
	<string></string>
	<key>SMmemspeed_1</key>
	<string>1333</string>
	<key>SMmemspeed_2</key>
	<string>1333</string>
	<key>SMmemspeed_3</key>
	<string>1333</string>
	<key>SMmemspeed_4</key>
	<string>1333</string>
	<key>SMmemtype_1</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>SMmemtype_2</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>SMmemtype_3</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>SMmemtype_4</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>iMac12,2</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>C02HP154DHJP</string>
	<key>SMsystemversion</key>
	<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Edited by PookyMacMan, 21 October 2012 - 03:43 AM.
spakk, as ZackehSoul said below, we would prefer that you encase large portions of text in code tags. To do so, type [code] just before the text and [/code] afterward as I have just done. Edit2: Yikes, what happened?? Or is it just Safari...

ZackehSoul

ZackehSoul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

here my org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist, I boot to time without the DSDT.aml.

I think mods want people to put stuff like that between [code=auto:0] tags :) (meaning the .plists)

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

I think mods want people to put stuff like that between [code=auto:0] tags :) (meaning the .plists)

sorry, I didn't understand you

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
spakk, boot with the latest connactic kernel, and flags: -v -x -f maxmem=4096

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,895 posts
with the latest connactic kernel, and flags: -x maxmem=2048>>>

In case you read this there has been a kernel panic.
There is no {censored} suport for running Lion on AMD.
You have to try fixing this yourself.
panic (cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002871b7 ) "pmap_steal_memory" @/Users/Jimihendrix/Desktop/XNUPATCHED/osfmk/vm/vm_resident.c:757
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame : Return Address
0xffffff800010be00 : 0xffffff800021d496 mach_kernel : _panic + 0xc6
0xffffff800010be70 : 0xffffff80002871b7 mach_kernel : _pmap_steal_memory + 0xa7
0xffffff800010bec0 : 0xffffff80002428fe mach_kernel : _zone_steal_memory + 0x1e
0xffffff800010bed0 : 0xffffff800070efec mach_kernel : _vm_page_bootstrap + 0x62c
0xffffff800010bf30 : 0xffffff800070e016mach_kernel : _vm_mem_bootstrap + 0x16
0xffffff800010bf60 : 0xffffff800070d3a9 mach_kernel : _kernel_bootstrap + 0x99
0xffffff800010bfa0 : 0xffffff80002bafd2 mach_kernel : _machine_startup + 0x1b2
0xffffff800010bfc0 : 0xffffff80002ad893 mach_kernel : _i386_init + 0x293
0xffffff800010bff0 : 0xffffff80002b2318 mach_kernel : _x86_init_wrapper + 0x8
can't perform kext scan: no kext summary
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown
Boot args: boot-uuid=BE275D42-FA96-91BA-FDFD940E6B3D rd=*uuid -v npci=0x2000 -x maxmem=2048 cpus=2 arch=x86_64

Mac OS version:
Not yet set
Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 12.0.0: Fri Oct 5 03:08:06 BRT 2012; bronzovkAnVoodoo v0.9.30:XNUPATCHED/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64

System uptime in nanoseconds: 0

Second Test with: with connactic kernel, and flags: -v -x -f maxmem=4096
the same kernel panic!!!

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Hi
What AMD CPU do you have?
And which kernel and boot flag do you use?

Intel Core i3-2350m with vanilla kernel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy