Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

@bronya  let's make a joint release since you helped out. 

Maybe . )

in the past you refused to give sources when requested, is there a reason?

Sorry ,  my hard disk crashes . I should write new .xnu . But i have src . 

It is same that from AnV , but new cupid.c and tsc.c . But tsc.c no surprises . ))

hey people, did you forget the decryption kext? FakeSMC or such.. ?

I dont see DMOS!

Maybe Single user mode?

-----------------------------------

Need to patch dyld and .dylibs. fun fun.

maybe we could bring back the opemu in the form of a kext. some dynamic linking voodoo would be needed for that.hmm.

same don't working "singleuser" . 

Yes need patched *.dylibs )) 

This mount HFS+ hangs baffles me. Either something changed a lot in how CPU topology and ID are defined in the commpage, or Apple developed an efficient updated way to prevent  kernel binary patching (unlikely but not impossible). The same thing happens trying to boot Mavericks on my Atom netbook using the otherwise working Chameleon kernel patcher module.

It would be a shame if kernel binpatching is not possible anymore: it's the only practical way we can get iCloud services, iMessage and FaceTime to work on unsupported hardware.

All the best!

still error 13 or?

"Or". It mounts the root device and then hangs, just before launchd should appear. I think it's Mavericks' version of that annoying "Kernel is Long Point 64" hang we used to have back on Mountain Lion early kernel development days, Sinetek.

All the best!

it's not protection, simply something fails on non intel hardware (atom has limited sse support i surmise).

we had the same trouble in the good old 64bit snow leopard days.

here's the lifecycle in a normal scenario:   root mount (HFS messages), exec launchd |||  (kernel stops executing here).

The exec portion seems to fail, so xnu goes into a loop doing nothing since it has nothing to do.

during exec, a few things happen. All of this is outside kernel, which means that if an invalid opcode comes the cpu's way, we won't know as the machine will not reboot. What happens instead is exec() fails and nothing happens.

Now, when the process launchd wants to start, dyld is also started (it takes care of many things relating to dynamic libraries, which any program can use). Then in turn dylibs are loaded as needed. If dyld fails to work, then the exec call fails.

After dyld is loaded, dyld is called and does a memory copy operation. This memory copy operation is called _bcopy, and it has a second name, memmove. The reason is that SSE can be used to copy large amounts of data very fast. This memory copy operation takes the program on disk and populates the memory pages so that the program can be executed.

If this fails, then the process will crash. Again, producing no output except perhaps an error code pointing to 'launchd'.

what changed is dyld only supports ssse3 routines for memmove (there's a hack though, i tried it above). however normally the process should start by now, but the kernel can't execute it. ergo, either another .dylib needs a 'fix in or i'm missing something obvious

• Like 3

hello spakk  :)

with phenom => ligne usb...........;bla..........bla.........bla  with flag : mv -f  with chameleon  rev2 2252 option kernel patcher :)

thank gils'

Hello
Guys I'm trying to install mavericks dp1, always having a USB lock,
I'm using the kernel, mach_10_9_sinetek_by_bronzovka_fix.zip

but I do not think it's the fault of the USB

also tried inserting chameleon kernel patcher
but nothing, goes on
PS: I'm using Pandora, corecrypto changing and eliminating AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement