well... is very late for me...
Here what I try to do...
(I'm not a coder... so..)
i386/boot2/boot.c
libsaio/bootstruct.c

I "simply" add || (OR) for 10.8

Goodnight.

Nice to know !!!

I have also a ready patch for OS X detection (based on cparm OS X detection) I just add the Mountain "things"
:P
EDIT:
I commit this change in my Trunk Branches

Enjoy

Fabio

Sherry Haibara

Sherry Haibara

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
It seems like Parallels Desktop is able to boot OS X Mountain Lion without any modification. Are they using some specially modified version of Chameleon/boot-132 to achieve this?

Sherry Haibara

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I`m getting kernel panic. It says something about IOService, AppleACPIPlatformExpert and IOUSBMassStorageClass. I`m trying to install ML on my external HDD, like I did with Lion. Anyone knows should I remove IOUSBMassStorageClass or any other kexts?

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
How you try bootloader;

Nanael

Nanael

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I boot correctly but when the screen appear it stay on a white screen with my mouse I can move.

I have an HD6870 from sapphire and I use cartri's BIOS.

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Can anyone help me? I`m stuck at IOProviderClass kernel panic.

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Mine boots fine, full graphics support without having to edit any files (I have my graphics injected via DSDT). Only issue is it seems to stay stuck for a while on IOAPIC when booting. It continue after that, just annoying that it takes ~1 min. I'm sure this will be smoothed out in time. For now though, seems to be running really well for a dev preview!

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Hi to all,

Does anybody know if the Developer Preview will work with Intel 950GMA if the Graphics are applied by DSDT?

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

Menno

Menno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I can't seem to build your branch ErmaC. I am doing something wrong?

misc.c:170:12: error: promoted type 'int' of K&R function parameter is not compatible with the parameter type 'u_int16_t' (aka 'unsigned short') declared in a previous prototype
[-Werror]
u_int16_t l;

(i386/utils/fdisk/misc.c)

ricola

ricola

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Posted Image

Using Clover as bootloader

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I can't seem to build your branch ErmaC. I am doing something wrong?

misc.c:170:12: error: promoted type 'int' of K&R function parameter is not compatible with the parameter type 'u_int16_t' (aka 'unsigned short') declared in a previous prototype
[-Werror]
u_int16_t l;

(i386/utils/fdisk/misc.c)

It's already built, use Chameleon Wizard and point it to the i386 folder to install. Chameleon Wizard will install and to the rest.

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
so does anyone knows how to fix Waiting on IOProviderClass? Should I boot with Cameleon or Clover?

Nanael

Nanael

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Hi to all,

Does anybody know if the Developer Preview will work with Intel 950GMA if the Graphics are applied by DSDT?

Thank you for your time.

All the best,

NSCXP2005

It will not be supported... That's what apple says...
http://www.mac4ever....ur_en_profiter/

NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Do you think there might be a way to use a kext from Lion to get it to work?

M0rpheus

M0rpheus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
So after a little more testing, only a few problems: I cannot get rid of that hanging at the IOAPIC on boot, so booting is taking longer no matter what. I'm guessing it's bootloader related, it happens whether or not I have the DSDT in and no matter what settings I set Chameleon to have, even with the bare minimum of extra kexts (basically just fakesmc). I also cannot get the system to sleep/wake properly, whereas Lion works perfectly. The system will sleep the computer, but upon waking will cause the computer to freeze, wiping the CMOS. Just so you all know, my PC is an Asus P6TD Deluxe with an i7 930, 6GB RAM and 2x GTX 570's.

I also cannot get my iCloud mail to work in the new 6.0 mail client (no doubt a bug in ML). It just doesn't load anything after the account is added.

Other than these things, it's pretty smooth. Hopefully everything will be working by the next Developer Preview/GM :)

Nanael

Nanael

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Do you think there might be a way to use a kext from Lion to get it to work?

I don't know. I haven't this card today. But you can try to dl the kext from lion about intelframebuffer

Blah101

Blah101

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
Would someone mind posting a step by step of setting up the USB for boot and how they installed? I have compiled the new chameleon and used it to boot normally, however, when I plug in my USB I can't get past the BIOS post screen. Please help.

EDIT: I restored the InsallBSD to an internal hard drive partition, but when I boot it I get a kernel panic with "ACPI cannot find next IOPC...." I can't remember the kext. I tried booting ignoring cache, but that didn't work.

Nanael

Nanael

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Would someone mind posting a step by step of setting up the USB for boot and how they installed? I have compiled the new chameleon and used it to boot normally, however, when I plug in my USB I can't get past the BIOS post screen. Please help.

EDIT: I restored the InsallBSD to an internal hard drive partition, but when I boot it I get a kernel panic with "ACPI cannot find next IOPC...." I can't remember the kext. I tried booting ignoring cache, but that didn't work.

You have to restore the basesysteme.dmg in installESD ( Somewhere in contents's folder ) then add the package's folder. Just like you do with lion

Blah101

Blah101

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

You have to restore the basesysteme.dmg in installESD ( Somewhere in contents's folder ) then add the package's folder. Just like you do with lion

I mounted the InstallESD.dmg, but I see no BaseSystem.dmg, unless it is a hidden file.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,884 posts
Would be great if someone mad new patch (as before OS X Version) to make it possible to install on MBR part shema. (Some library+pkg)
To bad that 10.8 seems to need more space (on install volume) than lion (11.5+ GB) - complains that for my 8 GB Stick .
In the past (LION install) i used 8 GB USB Stick (GUID) as destination for Lion install and then cloned it on my MBR partition on HD as an workaround for the forbidden MBR install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy