First tries

jonisign

216 posts in this topic

So after a little more testing, only a few problems: I cannot get rid of that hanging at the IOAPIC on boot, so booting is taking longer no matter what. I'm guessing it's bootloader related, it happens whether or not I have the DSDT in and no matter what settings I set Chameleon to have, even with the bare minimum of extra kexts (basically just fakesmc). I also cannot get the system to sleep/wake properly, whereas Lion works perfectly. The system will sleep the computer, but upon waking will cause the computer to freeze, wiping the CMOS. Just so you all know, my PC is an Asus P6TD Deluxe with an i7 930, 6GB RAM and 2x GTX 570's.

I also cannot get my iCloud mail to work in the new 6.0 mail client (no doubt a bug in ML). It just doesn't load anything after the account is added.

Other than these things, it's pretty smooth. Hopefully everything will be working by the next Developer Preview/GM :)

Would someone mind posting a step by step of setting up the USB for boot and how they installed? I have compiled the new chameleon and used it to boot normally, however, when I plug in my USB I can't get past the BIOS post screen. Please help.

EDIT: I restored the InsallBSD to an internal hard drive partition, but when I boot it I get a kernel panic with "ACPI cannot find next IOPC...." I can't remember the kext. I tried booting ignoring cache, but that didn't work.

Would someone mind posting a step by step of setting up the USB for boot and how they installed? I have compiled the new chameleon and used it to boot normally, however, when I plug in my USB I can't get past the BIOS post screen. Please help.

EDIT: I restored the InsallBSD to an internal hard drive partition, but when I boot it I get a kernel panic with "ACPI cannot find next IOPC...." I can't remember the kext. I tried booting ignoring cache, but that didn't work.

You have to restore the basesysteme.dmg in installESD ( Somewhere in contents's folder ) then add the package's folder. Just like you do with lion

Would be great if someone mad new patch (as before OS X Version) to make it possible to install on MBR part shema. (Some library+pkg)

To bad that 10.8 seems to need more space (on install volume) than lion (11.5+ GB) - complains that for my 8 GB Stick .

In the past (LION install) i used 8 GB USB Stick (GUID) as destination for Lion install and then cloned it on my MBR partition on HD as an workaround for the forbidden MBR install.

I mounted the InstallESD.dmg, but I see no BaseSystem.dmg, unless it is a hidden file.

Use the terminal with

Open /Volume/MacOS/BaseSystem.dmg

Or use onyx

( it's not exactly this address but you can found it in the lion's section)

• Like 1

I mounted the InstallESD.dmg, but I see no BaseSystem.dmg, unless it is a hidden file.

It is a hidden file, yes. You need to find yourself instructions on the web for how to install Lion. The only difference is the boot loader, found on page 2 of this thread.

Edit: I'm gonna peek in the system files and look for possible Ivy Bridge support. Will be nice to know what Apple has planned coming up :)

Use the terminal with

Open /Volume/MacOS/BaseSystem.dmg

Or use onyx

( it's not exactly this address but you can found it in the lion's section)

It is a hidden file, yes. You need to find yourself instructions on the web for how to install Lion. The only difference is the boot loader, found on page 2 of this thread.

Edit: I'm gonna peek in the system files and look for possible Ivy Bridge support. Will be nice to know what Apple has planned coming up :)

Thanks! It was hidden. So now I restore this to the drive and see if it will boot.

PS: I notice there was a file in the InsallBSD.dmg that said "Supported Installs" or something like that. Do you think if someone added the board ID and model number of the macbook core 2 duo it could be loaded onto those? Or are the graphics really that bad that it wouldn't work?

Hello!

I'm using a laptop with the Intel X3100 graphics card. I've done installation using the 1.Restore BaseSystem.dmg/2.Copy Packages/3.Copy extensions/4.Reboot to install method. The installation was complete. And I've changed the string 10.8 to 10.7 in those two files1. But after rebooting, the system hangs. And the upper-most part of the screen is the menu bar(not transparent) while the rest is just a white screen.

In the /var/log/system.log file, I found this error:

[/sourceCache/loginwindow/loginwindow-1432/Login.m:1784] Failed to launch /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup Assistant (error -10825)

Any ideas?

1. The two files are:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

I boot correctly but when the screen appear it stay on a white screen with my mouse I can move.

I have an HD6870 from sapphire and I use cartri's BIOS.

Hello!

I'm using a laptop with the Intel X3100 graphics card. I've done installation using the 1.Restore BaseSystem.dmg/2.Copy Packages/3.Copy extensions/4.Reboot to install method. The installation was complete. And I've changed the string 10.8 to 10.7 in those two files1. But after rebooting, the system hangs. And the upper-most part of the screen is the menu bar(not transparent) while the rest is just a white screen.

In the /var/log/system.log file, I found this error:

[/sourceCache/loginwindow/loginwindow-1432/Login.m:1784] Failed to launch /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup Assistant (error -10825)

Any ideas?

1. The two files are:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

We all seem to have the same issue. Is it the apple logo you guys are seeing with a menu bar with only an apple logo? Also have either of you found a workaround?

For some reason, I can't get the computer to be verified. I've checked my smbios.plist and added pciroot=1 as well as ethernet=buitlin. I'm wondering if it has to do something with the modified chameleon. For those using clover, how do you get past a boot0 error?

I boot correctly but when the screen appear it stay on a white screen with my mouse I can move.

I have an HD6870 from sapphire and I use cartri's BIOS.

Having the same problem... Using chameleon rev1820 and a radeon 4870. I have set graphicsEnabler=Yes in boot.plist...

Install went smooth as silk on my Dell XPS Studio 9000 machine.

post-446-0-68069900-1329488221_thumb.png

Only Problem I've noticed so far is my Atheros Wireless DOES NOT work as it did in OS X 10.7.2. Any thoughts on that (like adding a device ID to a plist or something)?

I fixed my Atheros Wireless problem by googling the fix for 10.7.3. I've attached the kext for anyone else having this problem.

IO80211Family.kext.zip

Geekbench score (no idea if it's good or bad).

post-446-0-75622000-1329489383_thumb.png

Cenebench CPU and OpenGL (again, no idea if it's good or bad)

post-446-0-27720800-1329489281_thumb.png

So I just want to be sure.

Will this cover it?

b. find InstallESD.dmg -> "Install Mac Os X Lion.app/Contents/ShareSupport"

Open and mount InstallESD.dmg

Show HiddenFiles -> here http://gotoes.org/sa...denFilesMacOSX/

Find BaseSystem.dmg inside InstallESD.dmg

Mount BaseSystem.dmg

c. Using Disk utility create an new immage.dmg DVD 4,6 Gb read and write , rename like Lion.dmg

d. Using Disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg on new image Lion.dmg

e. mount Lion.dmg and rename volume like OSX LION

Delete packages link inside /System/installation

Copy Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg inside /System/Installation/ folder

f. Copy needed Kexts on Lion.dmg inside /System/Library/Extentions

*fakesmc.kext

* nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext

Or anything else we need to do?

edit- do we need the kernel? and then that would be it?

b. find InstallESD.dmg -> "Install Mac Os X Lion.app/Contents/ShareSupport" - no such directory

Open and mount InstallESD.dmg

Show HiddenFiles -> here

http://gotoes.org/sa...denFilesMacOSX/

Find BaseSystem.dmg inside InstallESD.dmg - NO! is invisible on root

Mount BaseSystem.dmg

c. Using Disk utility create an new immage.dmg DVD 4,6 Gb read and write , rename like Lion.dmg

d. Using Disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg on new image Lion.dmg

e. mount Lion.dmg and rename volume like OSX LION

Copy Packages folder from InstallESD.dmg to Lion.dmg inside /System/Installation/ folder

f. Copy (install) needed Kexts on Lion.dmg inside /System/Library/Extentions

*fakesmc.kext

Or anything else we need to do?

edit- do we need the kernel? and then that would be it? - YES! invisible on root (copy it to the root of "installation disk")

Open and mount InstallESD.dmg which is invisible in the root

Mount BaseSystem.dmg

c. Using Disk utility create an new immage.dmg DVD 4,6 Gb read and write , rename like ML.dmg

d. Using Disk utility restore BaseSystem.dmg on new image ML.dmg

e. mount Lion.dmg and rename volume like OSX ML

f. Copy (install) needed Kexts on Lion.dmg inside /System/Library/Extentions

*fakesmc.kext

And then the kernel as well.