First tries

jonisign

216 posts in this topic

1. Install Path Finder (this is an enhanced Finder App http://www.cocoatech.com/ )

2. Double click the MLion dmg file to mount it

3. Enable invisible files to be shown, in Path Finder R. click-Show View Options-check Show Invisibles

4. Navigate to the mounted MLion dmg and drag BaseSystem.dmg to Documents Folder

5. Now in Path Finder Navigate to BaseSystem.dmg in Documents and R. click, uncheck Invisible so the item will not have an invisible flag!

6. In Disk Utility select your hard drive from the left, click on the Restore Tab and for the Source you will choose the BaseSystem.dmg in Documents (must not be invisible). Drag your new MLion Install partition from the list on the left into the Destination Slot (make sure Erase Destination & Replace is checked). Then Restore

7. Once the dmg has been restored, navigate to System/Installation/ in your new MLion Install partition (which should now be Mac OS X Base System) and delete the Packages Alias

8. Copy Packages Folder from the MLion Image to your new Mac OS X Base System Partition to /System/Installation using Path Finder … must have invisible flag (!)

- also copy “mach_kernel” from the Lion Image to the root of Mac OS X Base System Partition … must have invisible flag also (to make files invisible, in Path Finder, R. click on them and choose Get Info, check Invisible)

9. Reboot and boot in MLion Install partition (after installing those 2 kexts)

10. The end.

• Like 1

1. Install Path Finder (this is an enhanced Finder App http://www.cocoatech.com/ )

3. Enable invisible files to be shown, in Path Finder R. click-Show View Options-check Show Invisibles

4. Navigate to the mounted MLion dmg and drag BaseSystem.dmg to Documents Folder

5. Now in Path Finder Navigate to BaseSystem.dmg in Documents and R. click, uncheck Invisible so the item will not have an invisible flag!

6. In Disk Utility select your hard drive from the left, click on the Restore Tab and for the Source you will choose the BaseSystem.dmg in Documents (must not be invisible). Drag your new MLion Install partition from the list on the left into the Destination Slot (make sure Erase Destination & Replace is checked). Then Restore

7. Once the dmg has been restored, navigate to System/Installation/ in your new MLion Install partition (which should now be Mac OS X Base System) and delete the Packages Alias

8. Copy Packages Folder from the MLion Image to your new Mac OS X Base System Partition to /System/Installation using Path Finder … must have invisible flag (!)

- also copy “mach_kernel” from the Lion Image to the root of Mac OS X Base System Partition … must have invisible flag also (to make files invisible, in Path Finder, R. click on them and choose Get Info, check Invisible)

10. The end.

Alright so I did all this, my USB is seen in my chameleon boot options, however when I boot into the USB I can't seem to get past the apple logo. Any suggestions?

Installing in a VM fine, using the Unlocker 102 and latest VMWare Workstation. :)

Can you help me with VMWare ? I cannot boot, it just keep loading at the Apple logo...

10. The end.

i've fallowed this tutorial, but the installation doesn't start. i get a kernel panic. i've attached a picture. Can somebody tell me if is something that i can do to get over it?

post-524140-0-72518800-1329493548_thumb.jpg

Alright so I did all this, my USB is seen in my chameleon boot options, however when I boot into the USB I can't seem to get past the apple logo. Any suggestions?

That's only to create the "Installation disk". You need the boot loader (a few posts back) and fakesmc.kext (S/L/E)

That's only to create the "Installation disk". You need the boot loader (a few posts back) and fakesmc.kext (S/L/E)

Oh ok, my bad. Let me go try that now. Will report back.

EDIT: Ok I installed the boot loader, and used kext wizard to install the fakesmc.kext to S/L/E, but I am still hanging at the Apple logo on boot. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have a fermi card?

Oh ok, my bad. Let me go try that now. Will report back.

EDIT: Ok I installed the boot loader, and used kext wizard to install the fakesmc.kext to S/L/E, but I am still hanging at the Apple logo on boot. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have a fermi card?

Use -v flag at boot. Post a pic if you can.

Use -v flag at boot. Post a pic if you can.

So what I did was I restored the USB image to a spare partition I made. I then booted from the partition (because the USB wouldn't let me get past the post screen) and when I booted with -v I got up to "[PCI configuration begin]". Just to note I copied the extras folder from my Lion installation onto the drive because that is what the guide I was following said to do. It has a dsdt, but I don't think that matters because I had this issue before with lion and when I added the GraphicsEnabler=Y it got passed this. my com.apple.boot.plist has that, but I think I need to try org.chameleon.boot.plist. Will try that and report back.

Chameleon 2.1svn r11xx and up, doesn't use com.apple.boot.plist anymore.

OK, got passed the PCI Configuration begin with npci=0x2000. Now I am getting a kernel panic. I attached a picture of it below.

EDIT: The uploader flipped my pic upside-down :(

post-626596-0-16256100-1329497794_thumb.jpg

Everything is normal..there waiting to open the screen settings to make the stop there.

Does anyone know why;

I had the same issue, I formatted the HD and reinstalled except I installed using the latest Chameleon without editing the PLIST and it worked fine.

i've fallowed this tutorial, but the installation doesn't start. i get a kernel panic. i've attached a picture. Can somebody tell me if is something that i can do to get over it?

Remove System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePolicyControl from the installer. I had the same problem and that fixed it.

i've removed

ApplePolicyControl.kext from

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns

setup starts now but i get this message:

"Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer.

This version of OS X 10.7 cannot be intalled on this computer.

If you want to restore your sistem from a time machine backup, click restore from backup."

And it gives me two options: restore from backup or restart..

any idea?

i've removed

ApplePolicyControl.kext from

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns

setup starts now but i get this message:

If you want to restore your sistem from a time machine backup, click restore from backup."

And it gives me two options: restore from backup or restart..

any idea?

Yeah, I'm stuck here as well...

For those facing this problem, put a complete smbios.plist in /Extra, use Chameleon Wizard to create one.

• Like 1

Ok, installed fine, now to fiddle around with getting ethernet, and sound, working alright. I have full resolution with my 460, so that is good news. Just need to run an OpenGL and CL test to see how that works out.

EDIT: More good news. I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and used the AppleHDARollback kext for audio, and that worked. I also ran the Realtek Ethernet for 81xx and that worked too. So now I have full resolution, working sound, and internet. So far no other problems. Haven't tested sleep yet.

EDIT2: OpenGL score dropped 3 points (31-27) on 10.8, 10.7.2 I think gave me the best OpenGL score. OpenCL does not work right after installation when running LuxMark. I think I will need to try the OpenCL fix and see if that does it.