First tries

jonisign

216 posts in this topic

Now I am past installation, but cannot setup the system, as my bluetooth keyboard and mouse (both orig. Apple) don't work

I do not have any USB devices handy, so that would not get me past that point.....

btw. I am on Dell Latitude E6420 (i7QM 2,2 GHz, Nvidia Quadro 4200M, 8GB, 2x 256GB SSD)

I got the same issue. Actually it was caused by the AppleHDA patched.

I restored the new one (10.8). I still don't have sound, i don't know how to patch it.

Anyone know how to get sound with ALC883 ?

I so want to try it, but don't want to ruin my 10.7.3 ( which is running like a charm) lol Decision decisions

Create a partition on your hard drive? Or just put in on a spare hard drive altogether ;)

Posted from a completely working OS X Mountain Lion Install :D

• Like 1

Create a partition on your hard drive? Or just put in on a spare hard drive altogether ;)

Posted from a completely working OS X Mountain Lion Install :D

I think i am gonna do it. I have EX58-UD5 with GTX260 so i don't think I should have that many problems. Did you use " http://thetecherra.com/2012/02/17/tutorial-run-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-on-a-pc-hackintoshosx86-from-start-to-finish/ " this guide ? since we have the same mobo

Tahnx

Yes, I just saw it.

Trying now :)

can you post your

OSInstall.mpkg?

In the mean time I edited OSInstall.mpkg myself en used the 10.7.3 OSInstall and it worked!

Got Mountain Lion installed now on my XPS 15 L502x.

Feels very smooth!!!!

Quite some crashes / freezes though....

(Game center, Facetime, Contacts, Reminders, Notes)

Anybody go these working?

@besweeet: I took a look at your tutorial, didn't need it myself, but nice work!

Hello!

I'm using a laptop with the Intel X3100 graphics card. I've done installation using the 1.Restore BaseSystem.dmg/2.Copy Packages/3.Copy extensions/4.Reboot to install method. The installation was complete. And I've changed the string 10.8 to 10.7 in those two files1. But after rebooting, the system hangs. And the upper-most part of the screen is the menu bar(not transparent) while the rest is just a white screen.

In the /var/log/system.log file, I found this error:

[/sourceCache/loginwindow/loginwindow-1432/Login.m:1784] Failed to launch /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/MacOS/Setup Assistant (error -10825)

Any ideas?

1. The two files are:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

/System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

Problem solved by using what @Moviemakergr pointed out on the #106:

Put back on the SystemVersion 10.8 and use the Cham 1820

But QE/CI seems not working, as the transitions are slow and jerky.

installed it, QE/CI working, video card detected properly via efi string (like in lion). Ethernet seems to not work, i have an efi string with display+lan combined (for app store to work), in lion i have no problem.

i'll try later, now i have to go to work :)

Problem solved by using what @Moviemakergr pointed out on the #106:

But QE/CI seems not working, as the transitions are slow and jerky.

try to use the method you used in lion to get it work.

I have Mountain Lion working with my GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard. Compared to Lion, I didn't have to do anything differently to install ML from a USB stick and then get the installed copy to run. But the patched version of Chameleon in ML_OSx86_Files seems to have some problems not present in the trunk version. Unfortunately, the trunk version, r1822 right now, doesn't work with 10.8 yet.

One problem I found is that the graphics enabler option in the patched Chameleon doesn't work for my video card. To get graphics to work I had to use an EFI string in device-properties. Another problem is that Chameleon didn't recognize the CPU definitions in my DSDT file. To fix that, I had to change the line "Scope (\_PR)" at the top of my DSDT to "Scope (_PR)". After that, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement was working as it does in Lion, and I didn't need NullCPUPowerManagement.

I also found the IONetworkingFamily.kext in ML seems to be based on an older version of the code than in 10.7.2. Before 10.7.2, I had to patch IONetworkingFamily.kext to get my Intel NIC to work. There's built-in support in 10.7.2 and 10.7.3, but I had to apply the patch for the ML version.

I think i am gonna do it. I have EX58-UD5 with GTX260 so i don't think I should have that many problems. Did you use " http://thetecherra.com/2012/02/17/tutorial-run-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-on-a-pc-hackintoshosx86-from-start-to-finish/ " this guide ? since we have the same mobo

Tahnx

Yeah you could,use that guide... Only it's part 6 which seems a little bit strange to me (not well written...) what I did before I booted Mountain Lion was going back to my Lion install, copied NullCPU, fakesmc, latest voodoohda kext (for 2.0 sound) and realtekRTL81xx.kext (for network). Also, I installed chameleon on the Mountain Lion drive before my first boot (in the guide, the first boot is done using the bootloader of the flash drive, it doesn't really matter). You will need to find something for your graphics card (if it works using graphicsenabler=Yes it will work this time. Have fun installing! (GA-EX58-UD5 rules!)

PS: I did encounter the problem of the set up window not showing when booting from my flash drive, to solve it, I deleted /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/contents/plugins/ApplePolicyControl. But the problem seems to be graphicscard related, so try booting normal first ;)