Custom A19 BIOS:
- unlocked menus + UEFI Boot
- native speedsteep
- updated cpu microcodes from v23 to v28
- untouched Nvidia GPUs
--------------- above my @kasar
--------------- below by myself
- updated Intel vbios from 2104 to 2137 (thanks @jkbuha) ...should allow for higher VESA resolutions
- PlatformSmm backported from A12 to fix sleep/wake issues for OS X
To flash run 'FLASH_the_modded_bios.bat' and follow onscreen instructions. Make sure laptop is running on AC.
Sincere thanks to TimeWalker75a, successfully updated to A.19 Bios without any hassles. Guys i would recommend to update this A.19 custom bios straight away, no probs what so ever.
1. Haven't played much with unlocked menus, as i don't know what to play with and what not, I just don't want to brick my system with ignorance.
2. Native speed step is working perfectly with turbo ratios 6699.
3. improved graphics performance, rendering of photos is smooth, don't know if this is due to Apple graphic drivers or kexts improvement or due to jkbuha's intel vbios update.
4. Vesa mode now starts in Full HD screen resolution, before it use to start in 1280 x 1024.
5. Sleep & most importantly Wake both are working fine. Now this should make all folks with i7 2670 QM processor happy.
6. Brightness bar is now available under display settings.