• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

ag6952563

ag6952563

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

@stevenplanet - to answer your question - yes it works "fine" .... BUT yes when doing certain graphic functions as simple as Mission Control, the system does get ring stalls/ buffer hangs. My work around is posted in an earlier item. When i using the system in pure laptop mode - i.e. using just the LCD display (LVDS only) i often resort to using the Xcode toold Quartz Debug to disable 2D acceleration. at home, i usually have it in a laptop docking station with an external Display-Port attached monitor (and often with lid closed). So without LCD in play, that seems to eliminate these buffer stalls. Even so, with ML, i seem to see less of these hangs and can often use it just fine for email and browsing w/o quartz setting.... I just stay away from Mission control (or hot corners)!

@tetonne - can you be more specific about what is not working? my laptop is the same T420 type 4236. you mention you dont use dsdt? it has graphics, audio, usb fixes so its essential IMO. i noticed.... you have an older FakeSMC? i dont use sleepenabler or NullCPUPM anymore.

Hi tluck, if you don use sleepenabler or NullCPUM, what do you use? I have the same machine as you, it would be great if you could share your pack.
I also have the same artifacts issues with the video. I have looked all over, and there seems to be no solution. I usually get the freezes using Excel...
Thanks,
AJ

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
@ag6952563 - shared already! at the bottom of my post is the kext-pack i am using and /Extra.

sleep/wake seems to work without SleepEnabler or NullCPUPM. with these 3 things:
Removed /Extra/org*.plist Gen P/C states - so i dont get KPs and then use
patched 10.8 (v 196.0.0) AppleIntelCPUPM.kext
rollback 10.6 (v 1.3.5) AppleACPIPlatform.kext is needed otherwise USB doesn't wake up.

yup. i have tried just about every method/trick/hint/idea to remove the LCD graphics buffer hangs. but nothing seemed to really work.
EDIDOveride fixes (a nice side effect i found out that i like the gamma/color scheme from the 2008 Macbookpro display settings).
SNBgraphics - bcc9 patches to remove buffers. this worked great on my customac mini that does not have LCD!
Vram patches.
SwitchResX.
etc etc

bottom line is that HD3000 seems to have bug somewhere. i found the LCD will work fine ( w/o buffer hangs) in these 3 situations:
1) in mirrored mode (vs extended screens) to external monitor
2) rotated screen to 90/180
3) using Quartz Debug to turn off 2D acceleration. not good for some apps. but it never hangs.

the first 2 are worthless but interesting IMO - so I use option 3 when i use LCD. but ML it seems to hang a lot less often than 10.7.x. i was hoping 10.8 was fix this but i guess not. real macs seem to have this issue too. so it does seem to be just a hackintosh thing.

ag6952563

ag6952563

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

@ag6952563 - shared already! at the bottom of my post is the kext-pack i am using and /Extra.

sleep/wake seems to work without SleepEnabler or NullCPUPM. with these 3 things:
Removed /Extra/org*.plist Gen P/C states - so i dont get KPs and then use
patched 10.8 (v 196.0.0) AppleIntelCPUPM.kext
rollback 10.6 (v 1.3.5) AppleACPIPlatform.kext is needed otherwise USB doesn't wake up.

yup. i have tried just about every method/trick/hint/idea to remove the LCD graphics buffer hangs. but nothing seemed to really work.
EDIDOveride fixes (a nice side effect i found out that i like the gamma/color scheme from the 2008 Macbookpro display settings).
SNBgraphics - bcc9 patches to remove buffers. this worked great on my customac mini that does not have LCD!
Vram patches.
SwitchResX.
etc etc

bottom line is that HD3000 seems to have bug somewhere. i found the LCD will work fine ( w/o buffer hangs) in these 3 situations:
1) in mirrored mode (vs extended screens) to external monitor
2) rotated screen to 90/180
3) using Quartz Debug to turn off 2D acceleration. not good for some apps. but it never hangs.

the first 2 are worthless but interesting IMO - so I use option 3 when i use LCD. but ML it seems to hang a lot less often than 10.7.x. i was hoping 10.8 was fix this but i guess not. real macs seem to have this issue too. so it does seem to be just a hackintosh thing.

Thanks tluck, I will try your setup then. As I understand, it is better not to use NullCPU and SleepEnabler.

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Thanks tluck! Your bundle has helped me a ton, I couldn't get QE working at all without your combination. I'm attaching FakeSMC 4.2 that I manually downloaded from OSX project. It seems to be different than the one that is provided in ######. It has helped reduced my graphic artifacts/hangs. I did notice after some time they seem to crop up again, but this has far reduced that as well. I also have turned my "Usekernelcache" to no, which has helped also. Hopefully the combination will hold out.

Just an update. I found at least one thing that causes the glitches to return...my download folder. If I have this on the dock, and I download a file all of the glitches return, along with the graphics hangs. When the file is first put into the folder it hangs for a second, then glitches up. Rebooting fixes it. I've removed my folder from the dock (sucks because I like that!) but its helping so far.

Attached Files

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
So I have another issue, hopefully someone has had this problem...I can't get the Chimera bootloader to work (nor Chameleon). When I install, and reboot, drive won't boot. I need to use my installer USB to boot up, and then can boot into ML fine. I have tried dd'ing the boot1h files to my drive, still no luck. I did switch from an MBR disk with Lion, and installed fresh with GUID this time, not sure if that would make any difference. Any ideas?

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
FYI, after spending several hours trying to get the bootloader to work, I officially gave up. I managed to wipe my partition table (oops!) through one of my manual attempts, and had to rebuild. I decided to format as MBR, and give the bootloader a shot again. No issues at all, installed first shot and worked no issue. Now for another hour or migration assistant again and I'll be back and running. :star_sunglasses:

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Found one thing that isn't working for me reliably...sleep. When I enter sleep mode (Fn-F4 or lid close) it will sleep, but not every time. Some times I'm greeted by the slow pulsing power light, and I can wake it back up with a power press. The other times I get a rapid flashing power button and it doesn't enter sleep properly. The only option I have is to cold power it off/on. Definitely not idea. Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? This worked flawlessly for me in Lion.

Update: I tried the SleepEnabler.kext that was posted earlier in the thread, and its working reliably for me now.

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
i have tested tluck dsdt.aml with my pack (it can be found in earlier post)
but got my screen split in 4 same little image lol
does someone have the issue?

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

i have tested tluck dsdt.aml with my pack (it can be found in earlier post)
but got my screen split in 4 same little image lol
does someone have the issue?

Have you tried the dsdt in the first post? I had similar problems with some other dsdt's posted here, but tluck's and the first post's one work for me.

New issue for me...

Has anyone tried a docking station recently with their setup? I have been traveling a lot the last month, and finally went into the office today to work. Unfortunately, my display (DVI connected to docking station) does not work once I get to the desktop. The system boots up OK, and I get the boot messages (I have verbose boot enabled), however right when the desktop would be displayed the video blanks out. If I open the clamshell I do have a desktop displayed on the laptop display. No matter what I do I cannot get the DVI to work on the dock though.

I tried using VGA from the laptop directly, and that works as a secondary screen. Funny enough though when I try to mirror the displays both turn blue and lock up solid forcing me to reboot to recover. Sleeping/waking left me in the same blue screen state where I can't do anything.

Any ideas?

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Hi there!

Test ML AppleHDA for cx20590 in my latest post

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1852780

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Have you tried the dsdt in the first post? I had similar problems with some other dsdt's posted here, but tluck's and the first post's one work for me.

thanks for feed back
i tested dsdt of the 1st post with no result
i tested new applehda.kext (no sound here) :(
did someone has a perfect keyboard layout?

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
10.8.2 with combo updater
i use new AppleACPIPlatform.kext to make it ok

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
you need layout 12=0x0C in hdef dsdt for this applehda

thanks for feed back
i tested dsdt of the 1st post with no result
i tested new applehda.kext (no sound here) :(
did someone has a perfect keyboard layout?

ag6952563

ag6952563

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

10.8.2 ok with new AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Hi Tetonne-
What do you mean? Does the update to 10.8.2 work without any issues?

Thanks,
AJ

ag6952563

ag6952563

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Hi Tetonne-
What do you mean? Does the update to 10.8.2 work without any issues?

Thanks,
AJ

Also, how did you download the update to 10.8.2? I could not find the link for the download. Or did you do it via the apps store?

Thanks,
AJ

ag6952563

ag6952563

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Also, how did you download the update to 10.8.2? I could not find the link for the download. Or did you do it via the apps store?

Thanks,
AJ

Never mind, found the link to download update 10.8.2...
Thanks,
AJ

nfomaniak

nfomaniak

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been reading through this thread and the attached links for the past week working on my new Lenovo T420 with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and think I may have finally stumbled across a solution for the LVDS display and the artifacts and ring stalls.

Check the post below to see how you can use SwitchResX to create a custom resolution profile.

http://www.tonymacx8...html#post379880

I have tried many different things to fix the Intel HD 3000 AppleIntelSNBGraphics kext artifacts and glitches and this has been the best solution I have found so far that works for me. Changing the custom connectors or using the patched AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext did not seem to work. They reduced the number of artifacts but did not get rid of them and the laptop was mostly unusable, I was about ready to give upon it. I tried different versions of FakeSMC, editing my own DDST, etc.

Basically, just go to System preferences - Display - Color - Create new Calibrated Display, name it Custom Calibrated Display.

Then Install SwitchResX and create a custom resolution profile, apply it and then reboot, afterwards the graphics glitches are gone.

nvrmore100

nvrmore100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Thank you!!!! This solved my issues, excellent!

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

you need layout 12=0x0C in hdef dsdt for this applehda

i try to patch my dsdt.aml to have sound and may be mic with

Device (HDEF)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
Name (_S3D, 0x03)
Name (RID, 0x00)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x04
})
Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Noop
}
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (Zero) {}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

but get that : (see .jpg)

Can someone help

styrian

styrian

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
I think, that you have not set the device type. I am using the same kext with "ID 12" on an EDGE e320 (Cx 20671) with the id corrected HDEF Device, taken from the from Mald0n before posted DSDT.aml.

Device looks like this:

Device (HDEF)
	 {
		 Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
		 Name (_S3D, 0x03)
		 Name (RID, Zero)
		 Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
		 {
			 0x0D,
			 0x04
		 })
		 Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
		 {
			 Noop
		 }
		 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
		 {
			 Store (Package (0x06)
				 {
					 "layout-id",
					 Buffer (0x04)
					 {
						 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
					 },
					 "device-type",
					 Buffer (0x0C)
					 {
						 "Conexant with id 12"
					 },
					 "PinConfigurations",
					 Buffer (0x28)
					 {
						 /* 0000 */ 0x40, 0x10, 0x21, 0x00, 0x50, 0x90, 0xA1, 0x61,
						 /* 0008 */ 0x60, 0x10, 0xA1, 0x00, 0x10, 0x40, 0x21, 0x61,
						 /* 0010 */ 0xF0, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40, 0x20, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40,
						 /* 0018 */ 0x30, 0x00, 0x17, 0x90, 0x80, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40,
						 /* 0020 */ 0x90, 0x00, 0xF0, 0x40, 0x70, 0x00, 0xA6, 0x90
					 }
				 }, Local0)
			 DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
			 Return (Local0)
		 }
	 }

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy