[GUIDE] Lion 10.7 on Asus X58 (LGA 1366) i7 9xx

ErmaC

870 posts in this topic

It only worked for me by installing the combo update an not to reboot afterwards. So when the installation of the combo update is done leave that window open and do not restart. Then install the kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext with kext wizard like ErmaC said. Then you can reboot. The only thing that didn't work was audio. But with the lionize.zip file which was posted a few posts above everything works perfectly..

Thnx ermac for the great guide you have written to install OSX Lion... Is a guide for mountain lion also an option for the x58 motherboards or is it almost the same as osx lion?

I don't know about any of the scripts, but manual instal of Mountain Lion (so far=DP3 upd2) on Asus x58 is almost identical to 10.7.4, including rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext which has been needed since first ML DP1 to fix long hang during boot on Sabertooth and other x58(probably all of them, just can't confirm), although it does not KP without the rollback, it seems like it does. I have had no ill effects from using the older version, and actually, for reasons I cannot remember anymore, have been using the Snow Leopard version of that kext since at least 10.7.0 and possible even the early Lion developer previews(which may be were it was first needed and I just carried it over to through each new update). I need to start keeping a journal or something cause it all gets blended together in my head after a while :)
  • Like 1

Do you guys still need a P6T SE w/ 930 DSDT v3.3? I just took the 920 one and found a cpu section for a 930 somewhere else and mixed them together. Got 10.7.4 on one now with no ACPIPlatform rollbacks.

was the orig version with the 920 info from this thread or do u have link? I wanted to take a look at something in it. Thanx

any one got a link to the latest fakesmc as my console is having anerisms as per below

How you set your mac model?

MacPro3,1 / 4,1 / 5,1 ???

Here my FakeSMC (one of the latest from mozodojo aka kozlek) the Info.plist are set in Debug off

FakeSMC.kext.zip

Anyway... I have no time for more test... but someone as say with my old version of DSDT 3.3(specific CPU) we are able to boot w/o replace the AppleACPIP.kext?

What about th startup time?

Fabio

• Like 1

Anyway... I have no time for more test... but someone as say with my old version of DSDT 3.3(specific CPU) we are able to boot w/o replace the AppleACPIP.kext?

That would be me. i7 920 oced to 3,33GHz boots into Lion 10.7.4 fast with 3.3, geekbench score is 1k higher comparing to the old "universal" DSDT. Speedstep works fine 12-21x (2GHz-3,33GHz). Sleeps fine with no extra kexts.

Fabio

I am more than happy to test but i do not have DSDT 3.3 for my i7 930 can you please upload it or send me a link and I will test and report back with my findings

Here is a modified DSDT for the Rampage II Extreme. I just took the p6t se v3.3 dsdt and changed a few things for the motherboard. Only thing I do not have working in this DSDT is Firewire. It does however allow 10.7.4 without kext rollback. Also there is no delay in boot with this DSDT. If anyone wants to please point me in the right direction to fix firewire or want to fix the firewire and send it my way for testing.

Made some minor tweaks for the Rampage II Extreme using Ermacs P6T Deluxe DSDT.aml. Thanks to Ermac for the DSDT.aml. All i did was make slight modifications to it for the Rampage II Extreme. I have this set for the i7 920. Speedstep/Turbo does appear to be working and there is no need to rollback the AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Rampage_II_Extreme_DSDT_i7_920.zip

That would be me. i7 920 oced to 3,33GHz boots into Lion 10.7.4 fast with 3.3, geekbench score is 1k higher comparing to the old "universal" DSDT. Speedstep works fine 12-21x (2GHz-3,33GHz). Sleeps fine with no extra kexts.

If you put your machine in sleep... when you wake it all is fine or you get KP???

@taylorsyn today I will post my old material for SpeedStep.

Fabio

@Jaball

Thx I'm able to boot with AppleACPIP.kext from 10.7.4.

I use my old DSDT code (3.3) and edit the _PSS...

Now I need time to find where the problem coming, because with the latest version of the DSDT (I try add the Speedtep code into latest DSDT) but give KP too...

So this is a good start...

Fabio

According to HWMonitor SpeedStep is working for me (PStates and CStates in Chameleon, CSTUsingSystemIo=Y). And it sleeps and wakes fine and fully, no panics,

no issues what-so-ever. Just noticed that it ignores the fixed x20 multiplier set in BIOS with turbo disabled - so the CPU works at 3,47GHz maxed out (still stable) at x21 multiplier

accouting for the higher geekbench score.

SpeedStep.png

SpeedStep is working for me (PStates and CStates in Chameleon, CSTUsingSystemIo=Y).

You have P-States CStates and CSTUsingSystem set to YES in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

With out the SStep is off?

Fabio

You have P-States CStates and CSTUsingSystem set to YES in org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

Yep.

With out the SStep is off?

Checked that and... no. Apparently it makes no difference, system still is downclocking when idle with every $State setting is off in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

OK guys.

We start with this.

Is for a test purpose.

P6T SE

P6T Deluxe V1 / V2 / P6TD Deluxe

I need to know... (USE the 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext)

- SS work w/o CStates and PStates Generator in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

- Sleep Wake Restart works w/o any SleepEnabler (Of course you need to patch the AplleRTC.kext take a look at rayap topic for this)

- The boot time from Chameleon GUI to Lion Desktop Login (Set the KernelCache=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist) normally between 4(SSD HD) sec to 20(Normal HD).

- Audio (Vanilla so AppleHDA.kext) some kind of scratch?

- Other things not normal with "universal" DSDT

THX

Fabio

• Like 1

- SS work w/o CStates and PStates Generator in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

- Sleep Wake Restart works w/o any SleepEnabler (Of course you need to patch the AplleRTC.kext take a look at rayap topic for this)

- The boot time from Chameleon GUI to Lion Desktop Login (Set the KernelCache=Yes in org.chameleon.Boot.plist) normally between 4(SSD HD) sec to 20(Normal HD).

- Audio (Vanilla so AppleHDA.kext) some kind of scratch?

- Other things not normal with "universal" DSDT

P6T SE, 0908 BIOS

With the above i7 920 DSDT:

- SS works with all state generation set to „No” in Chameleon (goes to 12x when idle), but still uses for max the 21x multiplier - the „universal” one used the BIOS fixed one (20x) - no turbo

- Flawless Sleep and Wake without extra kexts (perl binpatched AppleRTC 10.7.4 - no cmos corruption after reboot)

- ~30s boottime for lion with UseKernelCache=Yes, no difference noted, Lion was always about 10s slower to boot comparing to SnowLeo for me (HDD)

- Binpatched 10.7.4 AppleHDA with the ALC1200 plist edits, no noise on both jacks (there was some frontpanel/headphone noise with 3.3), mic works - no means of checking optical, not using it.

P6T SE, 0908 BIOS

With the above i7 920 DSDT:

- SS works with all state generation set to „No” in Chameleon (goes to 12x when idle), but still uses for max the 21x multiplier - the „universal” one used the BIOS fixed one (20x) - no turbo

What fakesmc plugins do you use with your board to get HWmonitor working?

What fakesmc plugins do you use with your board to get HWmonitor working?

Got the pack from kozlek: https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/zipball/master

Used the Installer and checked those that apply - everything except GeforceX (got RadeonX) and that experimental advanced (read the notes, afair it's ACPIsensors OR SuperIOSensors).

And the App, but not the HWMonitorExtra.

Note: remove all iterations of present FakeSMC before launching install, its places the new FakeSMC/plugin bundle in S/L/E not E/E.

Ok everything has been tested but the internal sound, Speed step working on i7 930 to x22 multiplier confirmed with HWmonitor . Kernel cache is the only extra option in o

rg.chameleon.Boot.plist. Boot time is normal only one new error:

stratup en error:

kernel: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

on Ausu P&T Deluxe V2 everything works perfect with your DSDT

SS, Sleep, fast boot with 10.7.4 AppleACPIPlatform.kext

but i don´t know if Turbo is working, how can i check this??

luk

PLS guys specify also what CPU you have!

Fabio,

I'm currently using a Rampage II Extreme. Can I test one os this DSDT in my gear ?

Thanks,

PiSToL

I reccomend not try... the motherboard are different... but if you wont the most close with your is the P6T Deluxe...

Fabio