HDA Wizard - Simple tool for AppleHDA.kext

janek202

150 posts in this topic

great share, works for me on P67A-UD4-B3 on ML DP2 : ) thanks man

ALC 889 for 5.1 Speaker

I want to share my new 889 patch files. I test GA X58A-UD3R board. Now you can use 3 LineOut and HeadphoneOut. So you can use 5.1 speaker in Audio MIDI setup. I cannot make HeadphoneOut auto detection, so I delete SPDIF output (I don't use it anyway.) You have to connect orange pin to gray connecter. Don't forget bin patch !!

I attach layout889.xml, Platforms.xml, and info.plist.

NOTE: you have to switch to line-out in the utilities

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy, i just want to tell you that your app works like a charm in mountain lion 10.8, I've patched the original applehda for my p5q (alc1200) like i always do in snow or lion.

cheers and tnx for the usefull application!

Hi stefano.85,

Can you please post the ALC1200 HDEF entry in your DSDT? Also, can you upload your patched AppleHDA.kext for Lion? I have an Asus P5Q-EM that also has ALC1200, and I cannot get audio working using AppleHDA.

Your help will be very much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dil83

Can you please post the ALC1200 HDEF entry in your DSDT?

He's probably using the same code as everyone else. It's very rare to see HDEF DSDT code with modifications for a specific sound device. Some people add code to inject make and model of the device so that it shows in System Profiler, but that's purely cosmetic.

There are two different versions of the DSDT HDEF device, one for nforce and one for Intel chipsets:

http://www.projectos...findpost&p=3781

Make sure you're using the appropriate one according to motherboard chipset, and that you have Method DTGP somewhere in there as well.

can you upload your patched AppleHDA.kext for Lion?

Why?

Here, let me hold your hand:

Download HDAWizard from the first post in this topic.

Grab the plist and xmls for ALC1200 from this post:

http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1740532

Extract the ALC1200 archive to somewhere convenient

Run HDAWizard

Select ALC1200 in the drop down menu

Load the plist and the xmls from ALC1200.zip in their respective slots

Start the patching process

Reboot

Profit.

Why?

The reason why I am asking for both is because I can't seem to find a working combination of DSDT edit and ALC1200 patched AppleHDA.kext. I've been stuck using VoodooHDA.kext ever since Snow Leopard was released, and I have tried countless .kexts and DSDT edits to get audio working using AppleHDA.kext. Since the board stefano has is similar to mine and he has a working solution, I wanted to see how he got it working. I have no problem with DSDT editing although I use the Method MCDP instead of Method DTGP in my DSDT's. One more thing, my clean untouched DSDT does not have any audio section in it at all, so I cannot just change AZAL to HDEF, and then add codec info to the end. If someone else has the Asus P5Q-EM motherboard, and I am wrong about there being no audio section in the DSDT, please let me know.

Here, let me hold your hand:

I do appreciate you "holding my hand" on this Gringo, as I was unsure where to find the plist and xml files I needed for ALC1200, so thanks for your help with that!

I will try patching my own AppleHDA.kext and try every ALC1200 DSDT edit that I've found so far, and will post back with the results.

One more thing, my clean untouched DSDT does not have any audio section in it at all, so I cannot just change AZAL to HDEF, and then add codec info to the end.

ASUS P5Q series boards have no code for the on-board audio in their DSDT. I've placed the HDEF device code between P0P9 and the first USB port.

Ok, I was finally able to get my ALC1200 audio working via AppleHDA.kext, but I had to use a patched 10.6.0 kext along with the HDAEnabler contained within the plugins. I found this solution here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=161430

I was also able to remove the HDAEnabler.kext from the plugins folder of AppleHDA.kext, and used the DSDT patch found in the **First Method** which also gave me working audio via AppleHDA.kext. If I try to use the patched 10.6.2 or 10.6.3 kexts on that post, I end up with no audio. I tried them all with HDAEnabler + AppleHDA combo, and DSDT + AppleHDA combo, and the only one working is the AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.0. I tried to patch numerous versions of the original AppleHDA from 10.6.2-10.7.4, but audio does not work with any of them. For now I'm happy that I finally got rid of VoodooHDA.kext, but don't really understand why any AppleHDA.kext newer than the 10.6.0 version will not give me working audio??

Thanks,

Dil83

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

This HDA Wizard and the files are very nice.

Worked so pretty damn fine to Lion but...

In Mountain Lion it's not working.

Have anyone here used it in ML with success?

I had to try voodooHDA to make sound work, but I don't like the way voodoo works to sound.

Is there anything else to do in ML instead of only patching the AppleHDA.kext like in Lion?

I would appreciate hints to solve my sound issue.

Cheers,

bb.

EDIT - Success in patching AppleHDA for Mountain Lion and ALC888

If you're having trouble in making sound work for ALC888 in Mountain Lion, take a look at this topic precisely here:

ALC888 Patching to work in Mountain Lion

And don't forget to thank VCH888 for the tip.

Nice and easy.

Cheers once again,

bb.

• 1 month later...

In Mountain Lion it's not working.

Have anyone here used it in ML with success?

Unfortunately Apple changed few things in AppleHDA in 10.8.

I will make a new version after 10.8.2 comes out. It will also patch AppleRTC, and put custom DevIDs into Nvidia's kexts, maybe more.

• Like 7

Unfortunately Apple changed few things in AppleHDA in 10.8.

I will make a new version after 10.8.2 comes out. It will also patch AppleRTC, and put custom DevIDs into Nvidia's kexts, mabe more.

Thank you very much....

Hope this time my IDT 92HD81B1X5 will work ... :moil:

• 2 weeks later...

folks can someone help I don't know how to make the xml files all I got it a voodoo dump at this time I just wish someone could help me make an apple hda for lion and ML for this

I'm attaching that file it's an ALC269 for A laptop video works great on this laptop but no go for audio well voodoo had (patched works but volume is low and well it causes kernel panics :(

need some help here

terramir

folks I just found on my laptop the linux audio dumps as well maybe this will help

I'll attach those files as well

voodoodump.txt

audio samsung files.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's about 269 ?

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)

Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)

{

DCKA, 1,

Offset (0x01),

DCKM, 1,

, 6,

DCKS, 1,

Offset (0x08),

, 15,

PMES, 1

}

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (GPRW (0x0D, 0x04))

}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x0E)

{

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x69, 0x02, 0xEC, 0x10

},

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-2"

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0D, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00

},

"model",

Buffer (0x25)

{

"Realtek ALC269 & Intel Display Audio"

},

"device-type",

Buffer (0x21)

{

"High Definition Audio Controller"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (Zero) {}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have an HP dv5-1130ea with IDT 92HD71B7X, pci 111d 76b2. Does anybody has any idea how to path AppleHDA binary for this code? Is there any formula or something, to compute the hex for it?

• 5 months later...

Here is the audio patch for ALC883 (Asus P5K SE). It might work for other mobos as well.

Patch:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x85\x08\xec\x10|\x83\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
attachicon.gifALC883.zip

-Info.plist

-layout12.xml

-Platforms.xml

And finally HDEF in DSDT.

Device (HDEF)            {                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)                {                    Return (Package (0x02)                    {                        0x0D,                         0x05                    })                }                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {                    Store (Package (0x08)                        {                            "codec-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x83, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10                            },                             "layout-id",                             Buffer (0x04)                            {                                0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                            },                             "device-type",                             Buffer (0x0F)                            {                                "Realtek ALC883"                            },                             "PinConfigurations",                             Buffer (One)                            {                                0x00                            }                        }, Local0)                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                    Return (Local0)                }            }
The original kext, created for Aspire 9420, belongs to Kizwan so the credit goes to him.

I just modified the kext for the new AppleHDA.

Thanks.

Hi I have ALC883 chip on my board too. But I got these errors during boot up. Any idea what I might have missed?

27/6/13 12:20:39.000 AM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1128
27/6/13 12:20:39.000 AM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1053

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I rewrited and updated  HDA Wizard, now it's 2.0 version.

HDA Wizard is simple tool for patch AppleHDA.kext 

It was designed for quick sound repair after update, without any rollbacks.

New functions in 2.0 version:

- works with OSX 10.8.x 10.9.x 10.10.x

- It allows you to insert your own Layout and Platforms xml.zlib files and Info.plist

- support to current new binpatch (updated binpatch for Realtek ALC 885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150, 1120 and more)

- add option write custom yours binpatch

It will set permissions, rebuild cache and prelink kernel.

It has drag and drop support.

It will not create any files, it will only help you to install them.

You still need set proper yours LayoutID in : DSDT (patch HDEF) or in bootloader (Chameleon/Clover) or add HDA Enabler kext with LayoutID.

HDA Wizard 2.0.zip

• Like 3

Hard work to a newbie in OSX world... How i can patch my AppleHDA for work? I have a ALC 269 Realtek in my Laptop... Where i find my Layout ID to insert in this xml file? I have a DSDT already to have my FN controls workin properly, And where find a HDAEnabler ??? HAHAHAHAHAHA sorry for the questions...

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

I rewrited and updated  HDA Wizard, now it's 2.0 version.

HDA Wizard is simple tool for patch AppleHDA.kext 

It was designed for quick sound repair after update, without any rollbacks.

New functions in 2.0 version:

- works with OSX 10.8.x 10.9.x 10.10.x

- It allows you to insert your own Layout and Platforms xml.zlib files and Info.plist

- support to current new binpatch (updated binpatch for Realtek ALC 885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150, 1120 and more)

- add option write custom yours binpatch

It will set permissions, rebuild cache and prelink kernel.

It has drag and drop support.

It will not create any files, it will only help you to install them.

You still need set proper yours LayoutID in : DSDT (patch HDEF) or in bootloader (Chameleon/Clover) or add HDA Enabler kext with LayoutID.

Working great with ALC892 on 10.10.3.  Thanks!

• 2 months later...