Check for Hardware Video Acceleration capabilities

xtremegamer

87 posts in this topic

On my Hack Triple (7 Ultimate x64 with SP1, OS X 10.6.8, OS X 10.7.2-DEV) I have -

error message 12470 (abject failure) on 10.6.8

error message 12473 (unknown failure) on 10.7.2-dev

GPU is AMD HD5450 512 MB GDDR3 (fanless PCIe desktop version).

Drat.

• 2 weeks later...

On my 4670, GraphicsEnabler=yes, default FrameBuffer (Flicker), i get this output:

my-mac:Downloads user1$ ./VDADecoderChecker

Successfully connected to the Intel plugin

/SourceCache/AppleGVA/AppleGVA-2.2.69/Sources/Slices/Driver/AVD_loader.cpp: failed to get a service for display 2

Hardware acceleration is fully supported

Segmentation fault: 11

I have 2 outputs connected to my monitor, both DVI and VGA, but DVI is not working correctly (and not even detected in mac lion), is this why I have an error message?

• 3 weeks later...

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

VDADecoderCreate failed. err: -12473

--

GTX460 1GB

Asus P8P67 Pro

i5-2500K

8GB 1600MHz

Lion 10.7.1

2 monitors connected, both lower than 1080p

In Lion 10.7.1 with a ASUS P8Z68-V PRO (BIOS: 0606. With a edited DSDT with DSDT Auto Patcher), Intel Core i7 2600K and a nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Gigabyte OC) it shows:

I don't know if that means that the GeForce has video acceleration capabilities under Mac, or it means that the Intel HD 3000 have this. But this GPU is only activated under Windows with Lucidlogix when you need to use Quick Sync Video for example, for others things the GeForce is the normal one.

• 4 weeks later...

10.7.1, HD4850

Hi Aivarz,

could you please give details about the card (brand, exact model, ...)?

Thanks ;)

EDIT: Argh, logged in to answer, now I see the details in your sig, Saphhire HD4850 Toxic. So forget about the question ;)

Asus ENGTX580 Direct CU II on Lion 10.7.2 (11C62)

An error was returned by the decoder layer. This may happen for example because of bitstream/data errors during a decode operation. This error may also be returned from VDADecoderCreate when hardware decoder resources are available on the system but currently in use by another process.

logout

ZOTAC ZT-20105-10P

GeForce GTS 250

512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Lion 10.7.1 w/ GraphicsEnabler=Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi xtremegamer,

great tool, thanks for your efforts!

With the newer CPUs with integrated gaphics I think it would be a nice addition to have a piece of information (name, model, whatever you can find) in the output as well - this could help greatly in filtering output as

ASUS GeForce GS 8400 EN8400GS SILENT / P / 512M 512MB DDR2 PCI Express.....Hardware acceleration is fully supported.

OS X Lion 10.7.1

which is clearly from the integrated graphics and not from the old 8400GS :rolleyes:

Dual 8600M GT in laptop

• 5 months later...

Radeon HD5850 with an Core i7 875k:

:(

hi

ati 5470M

MacBook-Pro-de-artur-pt:~ artur_pt$ /Users/artur_pt/Downloads/VDADecoderChecker decodeBWRequested 94003200

good hack

Gigabyte GTX460 768MB on 10.8 DP2

Lion 10.7.3 GTX285 + nVidia 270.00.00f01 + CUDA 4.2.5 -> GraphicsEnabler Chameleon 2.1r1897

Lenovo T510i with Nvidia NVS3100M branded with DSDT as 9400M

720p flash is about 30% load per 400% of all cpus

1080p flash is about 13-14% load per 400% of all cpus

F**king amazing!

• 3 weeks later...

Zotac GeForce GT 520 1GB

• 6 months later...