here a tutorial how to install your 5XX GTX cards. Right now I'm still missing a list which ones are supported yet. But i can confirm the following: 560Ti, 560M, 570, 580, 590
1. Install Lion DP4 or GM
2. After Install: Go to System/Library/Extensions/ and open up (Show Package Content) the NVDAGF100Hal.kext.
3. Go to Contents and open up the file info.plist
4. Go to the following line in the file and add your own device id. You can also google or use the this tool to get your dev id: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=219584
Here are some IDs:
1200 is GTX560Ti
1251 is GTX560M
1081 is GTX570
1080 is GTX580
1088 is GTX590
0x108110de&0xffe0ffff --> this is 570GTX and was added, change it to your device id
5. Mac will ask you to duplicate it. Do that and save the file somewhere else. Replace it the old one with the new one.
6. In my case (I've got Chamelon installed): enable Graphics Enabler
7. Restart your mac. Done.
In case your card won't recognized, you may try ATY_Init as enabler instead.
Use a kext utility for that. Don't forget to rebuild cache and kexts.
Link for ATY_Init: http://rghost.net/10381881
All credits goes to Netkas and The Rominator Thanks for your efforts.
UPDATE: (thx to mayhemm88 and camoguy)
How to enable CUDA?
- Install at least CUDA Drivers 4.1.28 from nvidia page.
Enabling Open CI?
- Follow these instructions from netkas:
You will need a HexEditor for that though. http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/
Do not enable GraphicsMode -- this will lead to breaking 3D apps!
If you modify your com.boot.plist manually leave the line with GraphicsMode blank.
<key>Graphics Mode</key> <string></string>
How to get full graphics power: (Warning: this may result in kernel panic)
- First solution:
Modify your AppleGraphicsPowerManagement kext.
560Ti Users: Download the info.plist attached.
580 Users: Download the AGPM580 file attached.
- Second solution:
Remove applegraphicspowermanagement.kext from /System/Library/Extensions.
Don't forget to rebuild cache and kexts.
Also make a backup of it, in case you will get a kernel panic.
video of running GTX580: (thx to hannibal1969)