165 replies to this topic

zero0n3

zero0n3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi Maldon
first of all thanks for you guide and files...then i put my experience...so maybe you can help me:
i've a p35c-ds3r mobo
i setted bios as you said (ahci everywhere)
i used snow leopard 10.6.3 dmg
i restore dmg into pendrive 16gb with disk utilities
i burned 3 type of bootcd:
##### 3.1.1
Gigabyte intel bootcd
HackBoot V5 (in your post)

i didn't added any kext to /S/L/E of my pendrive

i removed any type of peripheral in my pc...
i only tried with:
HDD EIDE
DVD ROM SATA Pioneer
Keyboard and mouse usb (apple alluminium keyboard and logitech mouse)
my cpu is socket 775 core2duo E6750
Ati Radeon HD2600XT

this configuration worked well with ideneb some years ago (unfortunately the hard disk with Leopard was broken...)
so i suppose i could install SL with your tut....but:

my 3 tests was:
boot pc with cdrom and pendrive inserted
at the boot of cd i choose MAC OS INSTALL DVD (in the pendrive) and i used parameters -v -x

this is the screen error with Gigabyte Intel bootcd
http://imageshack.us...0830194723.jpg/

this is the screen error with ##### 3.1.1
http://imageshack.us...0830195256.jpg/

this is the screen error with HackBootv5
http://imageshack.us...0830200144.jpg/

only for hackboot, at the end...it shutdown hard disk...and after some seconds i got the "wonderful" still waiting to root device....
here is the video
https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

i also tried to install snow leopart 10.6.6i hazard and it work...but only the installation ...when i reboot i got error...(i don't have that screen)

i would like to install SL vanilla (not a distro like hazard) to upgrade to lion...but i really don't know where i can hit my head..i tried a lot..and a lot...and a lot of kexts, i put inside dmg...but the result was the same...
can you help me?

thanks
regards

Simon

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts
"load optmized defaults" in bios setup
enable the first ahci, only
enable hpet 64

zero0n3

zero0n3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
i tried...
same error at the same point...
loaded opt default, i changed usb keyboard support to enable
i changed first ahci setting
i didn't change Sata native port 0-3 (it was on disable by opt default)
i changed hpet to 64bit

rebooted...same thing...
if i boot only with -v i also got kernel panic.

do you think i have to change version of dmg? 10.6 ? 10.6.7?
thanks again
bye

zero0n3

zero0n3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi Maldon
i've tried also with 10.6.7
1° time:
in bios i loaded optimized settings then i changed only first AHCI option like this:
sata raid/ahci mode AHCI
sata port0-3 native mode DISABLED
Onboard sata/ide ctrl mode IDE

with this i boot from cd, then i load pendrive with -v -x and at the end of log the system shutdown hard disk...then "still waiting for root"

2° time
i setted this in bios:
http://imageshack.us...s/651/ahci.jpg/

the boot from cd, pendrive without any parameter
the pre-system start but i immediately got a message on the screen told me i cannot install that version of osx but i can only REBOOT or RESTORE A BACKUPPED VERSION...

do you have any other suggestion?

thanks
regards

Simon

mysticmac

mysticmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:I want to ride my bicycle
Hi Maldon

Thanks for your guide. I've successful installed 10.6.8 on my GA-P35-DS3R. All is OK, except two little things:

- 7300 GT needs to use kernel 32, GeForce driver panics in 64 bits. Others process runs in 64 mode, so I don't think it's a real loss of performance. Perhaps I will use another graphic card, who doesn't need to use GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon.

- the launchd process (pid = 1) always run fsck at startup, cause of an ioctl error.
Bug: launchctl.c:3557 (23930):17: ioctl(s6, SIOAIFADDR_IN6, &ifra6) != -1
I've made a lot of search and try, but nothing to do.
This bug comes on real mac too :rolleyes:
Even using Hackboot , the Install DVD boot with fsck, same for 6.0 fresh install. Try differents DSDT or Cham version... Of course, I use HFS journalised.
So, fsck takes just few seconds, not a shame !

Thanks again ;)
Attached File  dsdt_mysticmac.zip   5.76KB   8 downloads

zero0n3

zero0n3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
hi misticmac can you describe what exactly you did to install it on p35?
thanks
regards

Simon

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

Hi Maldon

Thanks for your guide. I've successful installed 10.6.8 on my GA-P35-DS3R. All is OK, except two little things:

- 7300 GT needs to use kernel 32, GeForce driver panics in 64 bits. Others process runs in 64 mode, so I don't think it's a real loss of performance. Perhaps I will use another graphic card, who doesn't need to use GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon.

- the launchd process (pid = 1) always run fsck at startup, cause of an ioctl error.

Bug: launchctl.c:3557 (23930):17: ioctl(s6, SIOAIFADDR_IN6, &ifra6) != -1
I've made a lot of search and try, but nothing to do.
This bug comes on real mac too :D
Even using Hackboot , the Install DVD boot with fsck, same for 6.0 fresh install. Try differents DSDT or Cham version... Of course, I use HFS journalised.
So, fsck takes just few seconds, not a shame !

Thanks again :)
Attached File  dsdt_mysticmac.zip   5.76KB   8 downloads

Nvidia 7xxx only in 32 bit

the other question
I have no idea

mysticmac

mysticmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Onboard sata/ide ctrl mode IDE

with this i boot from cd, then i load pendrive with -v -x and at the end of log the system shutdown hard disk...then "still waiting for root"

Hi zero0n3,

On my GA-P35-DS3R
I set in "Integrayed Peripherals"
"SATA/RAID AHCI Mode" [SATA]
"SATA Port 0-3 Native Mode" [Disabled]
"USB xxxx " [Enabled]
"Onboard sata/ide Device" [Disabled]

I use only Sata Disk on Yellow Port

i restore SL dmg into a partition on a hard disk with disk utilities, not an USB stick. I think that with Hackboot the USB doesn't work correctly.

I boot on Hackboot Disk, select the partition with SL instal previously restored and instal on another partition.

Good luck.

phongxu

phongxu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
How to get the Ati Radeon HD 4670 graphic card to work? durring the installation, it mess up the screen.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

How to get the Ati Radeon HD 4670 graphic card to work? durring the installation, it mess up the screen.

use -x
look it
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=231768

mysticmac

mysticmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

I switch to a 9500GT, works fine in 64 mode with Graphic Enabler = y :D

I replace /sbin/fsck with a "fake" (a sample script "echo"), now boot run faster : about ten seconds on a SSD disk :P . Bios boot take more time !

I'm now quiet for a while...

jumper85

jumper85

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Ciao MaLd0, non riesco a scaricare DSDT Auto-Patcher, hai rimosso il file? :P

surfcaster

surfcaster

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
hey Maldon, can you take a look?, I think is right, I have problems with USB keyboard and mouse, when I boot and get to the desktop after it takes over a minute to respond

GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

DSDT.aml

d.u.o

d.u.o

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hello MaLd0n,
I have a new Lenovo laptop and i want to ask you if you could please help me with generating a DSDT for it. I have attached the dsdt whitch i have generated from Lion. The main problem that i have is video, but i think you already know that Intel 4500MHD aren't recognized with QE/CE.Thank you verry much for your help, even if you don't have time, because i know you are verry busy, for reading this message.
Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   23.35KB   2 downloads

scanny

scanny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
C-States breaks sleep on my GA EP45-UD3P.

I'm running the following configuration:
Motherboard: GA EP45-UD3P, Rev. 1.6, FD BIOS
Processor: Q6600
Memory: 8MB Kingston Value Ram
DSDT fixes: TMR, HPET, RTC, CMOS, PCI Root, HDEF, EHCI, SBUS, SATA icon, Gigabyte Shutdown, PWRB, LPC, Boot on Wake fix (LPCB AG3E field) Attached File  ep45_ud3p_fd.dsl.zip   15.13KB   8 downloads
Kexts: FakeSMC
Chameleon (recent build): GraphicsEnabler, GeneratePStates

Runs at about 30-32 Celsius with SpeedStep. Even better, runs at 25-27 if I add C-States.

Problem is sleep breaks when I add C-States, either via DSDT or Chameleon.

System reacts to sleep key press, display shuts down and HDs spin down, but fans keep spinning, blue power light is on, and that little "chirp" and Motherboard LEDs flash bit never happens. System will not wake from this state, requires reset or holding power button in for four seconds for hard shutdown.

I've been working my way through the Gigabyte DSDT thread, the Vanilla SpeedStep thread and a few others for the last few days but can't seem to turn anything up.

Anyone heard of this before and can point me in the right direction? Sweet highly-vanilla rig now and just need to finish a few details :)

will chandler

will chandler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I nuked a klunky, but functional leopard install on my old GA-945GCMX-S2 system, so I have been stuck trying to do a modern Snow Leopard install. I have researched for the past two weeks and I still have problems with the install. Could someone please help me? Here is what I have so far:

My board is a Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2,revision 6.6 bios F6i.

I followed MaLd0n's instructions in this thread. I booted with the Gigabyte BIOS iso, installed 10.6.0 from a retail disk, extracted my DSDT and patched with the gma950 and other patches specific to this board MaLd0n posted to this thread:DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards
I also manually fixed the (Local0,Local0) problem, and allowed the patcher to automatically fix a "Length is larger than Min/Max" error it found.

I renamed the "Extra_iMac9_1" folder to "Extra" and dragged it to my boot disk. I rebooted, installed 10.6.7 combo patch, rebooted and installed Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r1349. I used an older version because I wasn't sure the newer versions would work.

Now the system will boot on its own, but there are no resolution options in the system preferences other than 1024x768 which I specified in com.apple.boot.plist. Also, sleep freezes the system but not the display, and it won't wake.

Any ideas how I can fix this? Regarding the GMA950 issue I found this page:Intel GMA 950 Snow Leopard Fix
which claims that adding AppleIntelIntegretedFramebuffer.kext fixes the problem. Would removing the GMA950 DSDT patch and adding this help?

If I can't get the integrated graphics to work, what's the best way to add a 256MB BFG GeForce 7900GS to the system. Kext, DSDT edit or what?

On a basic note, if I do add kexts, should i use something like kexthelper to install them in System/Library/Extensions or just put them in Extra/Extensions?

I haven't done further tweaks, like adding a kext to fix the sound or seeing if I need to install something to support the ethernet chipset. If there are other fixes that need to be done, I'd like to know.

I know this is an old motherboard and an old thread. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Will

Babiloe

Babiloe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Sorry OOT.
Can i ask you to improve my dsdt? Mald0n..
http://www.insanelym...p...d=1773252

The SMBUS, USB Controller, EHcI quite different device id for dsM method.
It is quite different hardware than G73, and i have tried by myself not worked very well for sleep.
http://www.insanelym...p...1968&st=120

ovichan

ovichan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for you work. I have one question. My motherboard is GA-X58-UD5, bios version F12 mod with slic 2.1. If I use a dsdt for installing hackintosh, could enter in conflict both?? Forgive me ignorance ^_^

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
There actually is a snow 64 nvinject.kext for the 7300gs that probably works for the whole 7xxx series and a few more videocards if you search the internet. You need to edit it like I did though so search for my posts about video cards. When you switch between 32 an 64 bit you need to switch/replace the kexts though, thats the backside of it.

ryouitou

ryouitou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
me using "GA-EP41T-UD3L+Pentium D 935" w/ASUS EN7600GS(256MB), 4GB DDR3, SATA II HD

i've got a retail DVD of SL, but what other files do i need to download?
i used to download bootloader, but it keeps restarting when i insert retail DVD

does the Pentium D Processor supported?

thanks for reading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy