165 replies to this topic

dickovich

dickovich

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

:(

I have tried a heap of different 883 kexts with no luck - it isn't even identifying the sound card... When I used the Voodoo kext at least it identified the card.

I might have to consider buying a sound card, disabling the onboard sound and taking it from there...

So close yet so far..

Geoff

marciuz

marciuz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks a lot, great work MaLd0n!!!

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

I have tried a heap of different 883 kexts with no luck - it isn't even identifying the sound card... When I used the Voodoo kext at least it identified the card.

I might have to consider buying a sound card, disabling the onboard sound and taking it from there...

So close yet so far..

Geoff

Use VoodooHda
Work Like a Charm

Thanks a lot, great work MaLd0n!!!

You're Welcome

rheneas

rheneas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

May be moot point now. Just as with the P35C, rig suddenly will not power on. At all. Had intermittent problems powering on after new mobo install, but now it's as dead as it suddenly was with the P35C.

Back up and running with kexts listed above installed. Used VoodooHDA for sound running 10.6.7 but this caused a KP in 10.6.8. Used ##### to install working sound in 10.6.8.

Thanks for your offer to help.

knueppler

knueppler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there

tried it on the following setup and get a kernel panic during installing 10.6.8 combo

GA-H67M-D2-B3
i5-2300
internal graphic

Installing 10.6 from Retail Disk went fine
Installing Extra as well
Chameleon flawless
DSDT Patcher no prob

But as written, in the end I got the panic, see screen shot.

Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanx a lot

Attached Files

ivokik

ivokik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Read news about OSX in Hackintosh world !

HackBoot V7 / Update

you need a 10.6.8
10.6.7 + sandy bridge = fails

I did try to install 10.6.8 on a sandy bridge on a i5 2300 and during the installation ( update) it freezes... due to kernel panic on the BSD. Where to go from here?

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
use search forum

ivokik

ivokik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Read news about OSX in Hackintosh world !

Hi there

tried it on the following setup and get a kernel panic during installing 10.6.8 combo

GA-H67M-D2-B3
i5-2300
internal graphic

Installing 10.6 from Retail Disk went fine
Installing Extra as well
Chameleon flawless
DSDT Patcher no prob

But as written, in the end I got the panic, see screen shot.

Any help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanx a lot

I got exactly the same story. Even I can;t find the mobo in DSDT patcher. I am using the GA-H61M-D2P-B3 instate of GA-H67M-D2-B3 wich is my mobo.
And at the end of installation 10.6.8 I got exactly the same kernel panic, as showen on the previous pict.
Where to go from here?
gr. ivokik

TripsNravE

TripsNravE

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Witch Boot CD to use on GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7, with a Xeon w3565 3.2 ghz?

Cause ##### misses AHCI driver or something

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
Use HackBoot V5 or V7

mathis

mathis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I am absolutely stuck here ;) Got a Lion GM install on my Gigabyte P35-S3G mainboard and I am currently trying to get sleep working. My computer goes to sleep just fine but if I try to wake it up the screen stays black. Fans and HDDs spin up for a couple of seconds but the computer just shuts itself off after maybe 5 seconds.

DSDTs I tried so far:
-> My own DSDT extracted while running with ForceLegacyRTC kext and NullCPUPowerManagement and patched via DSDT Auto Patcher
-> http://www.insanelym...howtopic=192518 latest DSDT from there
-> some P35 DSDT I found in this forum for another guy with my mainboard

Maybe one out of 20 times the wakeup works, but that's about it.
I extracted a full boot to wake kernel log which can be found http://nopaste.info/7937823759.html here. The ugly kext errors just started to appear after I upgraded to Chameleon 2 GM. So far everything else works, except for sound.

Attached you find the DSDT I am currently using, based on the P35 DSDT I found plus patched for ALC662 (which does not work). If you need anything else that might help, just ask!

Original, unmodified DSDT: http://db.tt/0ddKtzd
Current, patched DSDT: http://db.tt/g52AdBR

Big big thanks in advance

EDIT: The only custom kernel extensions I am currently using are FakeSMC.kext and RealtekRTL81xx.kext but I tried it without the Realtek kext, same story.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
I have no idea

Audio
read it
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=140941

mathis

mathis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
After a bit more research I found out that the error is known and can be worked around with pressing a random key on the keyboard after pressing the power button :( I can live with that :)

geolegg

geolegg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
There are so many pages of posts I've been searching through I'm pretty well lost. I've had a long term Leopard installation running on an EP45-UD3P Gigabyte board for about 3 years now. This week I swapped my Windows install to a new hard drive. Unfortunately, while I was giving Chameleon 2rc5 a try for the first time (had been on an old version), something fouled up the Leopard install.

So, installed Snow Leopard. Followed the tutorial. I now get Kernel Panics when booting up the new SL install that read:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffff... ): "No HPETs available...CPU(s) configured incorrectly\n"@/SourceCache/AppleIntelCPUPowerMnagement/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement-142.6/pmThread.c:157
Debugger called: <panic> ...and so on.

Any idea what's causing this? I can't find any example BIOS settings for the EP45-UD3P. All I have are my old Leopard settings which I'm not sure are correct. The LifeHacker BIOS screenshots are gone as far as I can tell.

Do I need NullPowerManagement.kext? I extracted DSDT after the initial boot into SL after the installation. Thanks for your time.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
Enable HPET in bios setup
update Chameleon
Attached File  Chameleon_v2.1svn_r1461.pkg.zip   1.02MB   11 downloads

geolegg

geolegg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Still not working...

New KP reads:

"Cpu 2 has no HPET assigned to it"... otherwise the same as the last kernel panic.

HPET has always been enabled, 32 bit and 64 bit don't seem to have an effect. Does ForceHPET option do anything? Can a file permission disagreement cause dsdt.aml not to be read? I may need to reinstall SL and try to get things running first before I transfer any account information. I have a feeling that there may be a complication since I ran migration assistant before I actually got things set up smoothly.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts
Use NULL
send me DSDT
run on terminal
perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

geolegg

geolegg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Attached dsdt.aml. This was done with the HDEF Gigabyte dsdt patcher set for 889a sound. I had earlier used the regular DSDT autopatcher 0.6 I believe, which didn't affect the KP that I'm getting.

Attached Files

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

• Moderators
  • 11,139 posts

Attached dsdt.aml. This was done with the HDEF Gigabyte dsdt patcher set for 889a sound. I had earlier used the regular DSDT autopatcher 0.6 I believe, which didn't affect the KP that I'm getting.

Follow tutorial
use DSDT Auto-Patcher
Attached File  dsdt.geolegg.zip   6.2KB   10 downloads

geolegg

geolegg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Right, installed from scratch, no migration of anything, works fine. Apologies for the bother, at least was a learning experience... Thanks for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy