Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

first thanks for your tutorial.

All works except my ethernet, a Realtek 8111c on my EP45-DS3R.

Does anyone have the same problem ? (it has always works on leopard and snow leopard)

Turns out I was wrong about RTGMac_v2.0.6. It causes issues with sleep and probably speed as well.

You should use http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

Only DP4 and follow OP, with Extra Lion DP4

installer i prepare in my SL 10.6.7 - 8GB microSD with USB kingston Reader

i'm talking about the lion distribution you installed extra on, was it dp2 ? i know that dp4 is just an updat, i am wrong, i guess that's why i got errors, downloading dp4 dmg now , i feel so stupid

Just now another DP4 update

size: 994.4MB

Should I not copy Language packages to my USB to safe a space, because my USB is 4GB ? Can I do this, or have to use like in SL, 8GB USB ?

I`m trying DP4

Is it possible to make a boot 4 GB USB flash drive with DP4?

after removing the language packs, it came down to about 4.08GB

so no, or not yet!

I get new 8 GB FlashDrive and restore DP4 on it .. Now I have the following problem. When I boot the FlashDrive, the loading goes to [PciConfigurationBegin] .... and that`s all .. nothing more .. What should be the problem .. ?

PP: I try to boot with the integrated intel graphics on my mobo.. and everything was fine ..

The problem is that I run superb my Sapphire HD4670 512MB DDR3 with Snow Leopard with lastest trunk, GraphicsEnabler=y and AtiConfig=Motmot..., nothing else.., why Lion dont want ..

Why I have problems with the same graphics in Lion ? Can you suppose something to do.. ?

PP: I tried the Lion ATI kext on my SL before, and I hadn`t got any problems with them .. ;)

Thanks a lot Mald0n!!!!!!!

After hours of trial and error I got both my Desktop and Laptop running DP4. On both systems everything works except sleep. On my desktop while booting from the usb I couldn't go further than language screen because my keyboard and mouse were not recognized (tried that with all 4 Lion DP versions still no keyboard or mouse). I finally went to Bestbuy and bought an Apple wired keyboard and I was able to go with the install. My old mouse wasn't recognized either but worked once I plugged and used it through the Apple keyboard. For my laptop I also used an external keyboard and mouse. Also on my laptop I was able to use most kext from a previous Snow install.

do you use DSDT Auto-Patcher?

it has everything we need

Fully updated, now!

Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A494a)

is this still DP4?

another thing under Hardware Audio (Built In) is says "No Built-In Audio."

but i get audio at youtube.com when watching a music video.

and volume control are on the menu bar, just before the date & time.

i got rid of the perf_monitor_register error now i get the nstat_lookup_entry: 2 failed and before that /var/db/Bootcache.playlist : 2 No such file or directory

i heard that i should replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext with working older ones is that possible?

it didn't work, has anybody fixed this issue?

Ok, Lion is installed. However, I have a Snow Leopard partition as well. Since I wan't to still have this partition to use, I want to set the other partition as active so that I can boot chameleon and have it boot up Lion or Snow Leopard. How would I do this?

Also, I'm having troubles with the DSDT generator. Do I need to run it in Snow Leopard or in Lion? If I try to run it in Lion, it says I need Java, but I don't have networking working. My res is very low, my airport card is recognized, but not working, and everything is very slow.

I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard with a core i7 930 and NVidia 9800 GTX+ GFX card. Any help on the bootloader or DSDT situation would be greatly appreciated!

Ok, Lion is installed. However, I have a Snow Leopard partition as well. Since I wan't to still have this partition to use, I want to set the other partition as active so that I can boot chameleon and have it boot up Lion or Snow Leopard. How would I do this?

Also, I'm having troubles with the DSDT generator. Do I need to run it in Snow Leopard or in Lion? If I try to run it in Lion, it says I need Java, but I don't have networking working. My res is very low, my airport card is recognized, but not working, and everything is very slow.

I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R motherboard with a core i7 930 and NVidia 9800 GTX+ GFX card. Any help on the bootloader or DSDT situation would be greatly appreciated!

Use it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227833

DSDT

generate in SL or Windows

no problem

guys can you give me an advice i have everything usb booting perfect buy disk utility does not recognize any of my hard drives. i think is my motherboard asus striker 2 formula nforce chips. any help will be appreciate thanks.

I'm having problems booting the installer USB stick. I have tried several different USB Sticks, including a USB WD Passport Drive. No problem preparing the USB devices but when I try to boot, my system freezes during the BIOS post sequence.

Is it possible that the Stick/USB Drive shoult be formatted with MBR, not with Guid?

Is it possible that the Stick/USB Drive shoult be formatted with MBR, not with Guid?

Sounds like it. Certain Gigabyte Mobos (Bios) do not boot from GUID partitions. I reformatted mine to MBR and it's OK now. Try it.

Rgds