• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Devout

Devout

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I got my graphics card working now, I copied the files from the BootCD 1.5, instead of the 1.6, and didn't use the Aticonfig or the chameleon with ATI. I removed the ATI kexts that came with 10.6.7, and used ##### to install the ATI kexts from there. But I'm having a problem with getting sound over HDMI. VoodooHDA's system preferences pane manages to detect that I have HDMI audio, but I don't see digital-out (HDMI) in the sounds pane though.

I can't help with sound since It's something I haven't bother to configure. My keyboard has an onboard sound usb pnp device that allows me to seamlessly use that instead of bothering with any hardware related sound source.

Starfire45

Starfire45

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
First, thanks for the guide. It's proving helpful thus far despite the fact I have yet to install SL on my system. The only issue I have is that I'm not using an AMD/ATI graphics card but an NVIDIA one (I do have a 5830 sitting around, though).

In the past, I've had trouble getting a fully working version of OS X on my desktop. Probably due to my lack of experience with some of the more customized setup required for AMD systems and maybe my hardware. I'm not against doing secondary configuration once I have a base system installed and working. I've spent a while Googling beforehand and haven't found any applicable answers as everything applies to 10.5 or before and not my current hardware.

Edit: I've gotten iDeneb 1.4 working but I can't get BootCD 1.5 to work from my USB flash drive. I follow your directions exactly and it just won't boot when booting from the boot menu of my BIOS. It says "boot0: <weird symbols and no booting>". The weird symbols are just that. Nothing explained. I've redownloaded just to make sure it wasn't a bad download and I still get the same issue. Does the USB flash drive need to be formatted in a specific way?

eXoSauce

eXoSauce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I can get OSX to install without problem, but OSX just boots to a grey screen and -v does not report any errors. However I can boot into safe mode -x and it loads fine to desktop. I have tried -force64 and busratio=16 flags but it still boots to a grey screen. Any ideas...?

Asus m3a32-mvp 790fx + SB600
Phenom II x6 1090T
4GB RAM
ATi Radeon 3870HD

Devout

Devout

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I can get OSX to install without problem, but OSX just boots to a grey screen and -v does not report any errors. However I can boot into safe mode -x and it loads fine to desktop. I have tried -force64 and busratio=16 flags but it still boots to a grey screen. Any ideas...?

Asus m3a32-mvp 790fx + SB600
Phenom II x6 1090T
4GB RAM
ATi Radeon 3870HD

Your graphics card is a tricky one, it's the problem here. Boot safe mode, and tell me if your graphics card is detected. For some reason it's not enabled during boot up (probably loading QE/CI out of it, and it's not loading your gfx card)

First, thanks for the guide. It's proving helpful thus far despite the fact I have yet to install SL on my system. The only issue I have is that I'm not using an AMD/ATI graphics card but an NVIDIA one (I do have a 5830 sitting around, though).

In the past, I've had trouble getting a fully working version of OS X on my desktop. Probably due to my lack of experience with some of the more customized setup required for AMD systems and maybe my hardware. I'm not against doing secondary configuration once I have a base system installed and working. I've spent a while Googling beforehand and haven't found any applicable answers as everything applies to 10.5 or before and not my current hardware.

Edit: I've gotten iDeneb 1.4 working but I can't get BootCD 1.5 to work from my USB flash drive. I follow your directions exactly and it just won't boot when booting from the boot menu of my BIOS. It says "boot0: <weird symbols and no booting>". The weird symbols are just that. Nothing explained. I've redownloaded just to make sure it wasn't a bad download and I still get the same issue. Does the USB flash drive need to be formatted in a specific way?

Nope, have you tried burning BOOTCD to disc? (ISO file) : 1.5 ISO: http://www.mediafire...a43a9rw422x20sp

Vikernes

Vikernes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hello, Devout and great work on the guide.
One question though: I cant find any ATI5000.kext in the directory mentioned. Where is it, or where should I get it? Everything going OK so far.

Cheers.

Vikernes

Vikernes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Also, there is a lot of stuff you mention on the guide that's missing from the setup.zip. It isn't only nawcom's kernel. It's also that file related to 64bit extensions and the kext utility.
A bit sloppy there.

eXoSauce

eXoSauce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Your graphics card is a tricky one, it's the problem here. Boot safe mode, and tell me if your graphics card is detected. For some reason it's not enabled during boot up (probably loading QE/CI out of it, and it's not loading your gfx card)

Main info from system profile:

Chipset Model: Ati radeon 3800 Series
VRAM: 512MB
Device ID: 0x9501
Revision: 0x0000
Rom Version: 113-B7710c-176
EFI Driver: 01.00.318

Vikernes

Vikernes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hello, Devout and great work on the guide.
One question though: I cant find any ATI5000.kext in the directory mentioned. Where is it, or where should I get it? Everything going OK so far.

Cheers.

Ok I solved this, but now I can't turn on 64 bit extensions. This is what I get:

dyld: shared cached file was build against a different libSystem.dylib, ignoring cache
Patching universal binary (3 architectures)
Patching X86_64 part (processor 16777223, architecture 0)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (1): 0 instructions patched, 443 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Patching I386 part (processor 7, architecture 1)
No code signature found, skipping patch
Patch report (2): 0 instructions patched, 30 bad instructions, patches bypassed: NO
Skipping non-Intel architecture (2)
No patches found, not generating output file

Any ideas?

Vikernes

Vikernes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Well... Since I'm having a monologue, let me see if I figured it out on my own:

So from what I can understand, by my observation, this will force 64 bit functionality on applications but not on the kernel. Is that correct? In system profiler, the string '64bit kernel and extensions' is set to 'No'. Is it normal, or should it be yes?
In the Activity Monitor i see that every process is of the Intel (64 bit) kind, but the process kernel_task is Intel only (32 bit) .

Can anyone at least confirm if this conclusion is true?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,098 posts
Yes, drivers and kernel=32 bit.

Apps and everything else = 32/64-bit.

Vikernes

Vikernes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Yes, drivers and kernel=32 bit.

Apps and everything else = 32/64-bit.

Obrigado, valeu. ^^

jamdownian

jamdownian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
My laptop is
Toshiba A665-S6091

Specs of pc:
AMD Phenom™ II Quad Core Mobile Processor P940
ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 w/ ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD 4200 dual graphics card.
Chipset:AMD 785GX
Southbridge:AMD SB850
Audio Chipset:ALC 269
Wifi:Realtek RTL8188CE Wlan
Lan:Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Did everything up to the point of loading OSX 10.6.3 retail and this occur... help please!

Need to install so i can develop some apps for final project of Computer Science degree..PLEASE HELP!

Attached Files

Devout

Devout

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

<br />My laptop is <br />Toshiba A665-S6091<br /><br />Specs of pc:<br />AMD Phenom™ II Quad Core Mobile Processor P940<br />ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD 5650 w/ ATI® Mobility Radeon™ HD 4200 dual graphics card.<br />Chipset:AMD 785GX<br />Southbridge:AMD SB850<br />Audio Chipset:ALC 269<br />Wifi:Realtek RTL8188CE Wlan<br />Lan:Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller<br /><br />Did everything up to the point of loading OSX 10.6.3 retail and this occur... help please!<br /><br />Need to install so i can develop some apps for final project of Computer Science degree..PLEASE HELP!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

There are no errors on that log, use "-x" without quotation marks to boot up and see if it boots in safe mode. Leave the boot up longer and you might see "still waiting for root device" but I'm not sure since the screenshots you've shown don't indicate any problems.

jamdownian

jamdownian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I've doing installing 10.6.3 on a usb instead of a DVD, I booted in -x a couple of times before but when i did it, the USB ports went blank, thus forcing installation to a halt...

I'm gonna get a dual layer and burn 10.6.3 on it then retry with the safe mode command... hope it works.

nikkokick

nikkokick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I'm pretty new to all this with Hackintosh and so on, but this guide can only be followed if you are already on OSX, right?

nikkokick

nikkokick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I see this guide is focusing upon ATI Graphic Cards.

What do I have to do if I have a Nvidia Graphics Card? I do have a Gainward GTX 460 768mb.

Thanks in advance!

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

I see this guide is focusing upon ATI Graphic Cards.

What do I have to do if I have a Nvidia Graphics Card? I do have a Gainward GTX 460 768mb.

Thanks in advance!

Look up the terms "fermi" and "gtx460" in the google search box above.

Also, go to this thread and read the next several postings: http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1589357

nikkokick

nikkokick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Thank you rlf, I will check that out.

However I have got another question.

Instead of having Snow Leopard on DVD I restored it to a USB 8GB. If I use your Chameleon Booter (Which I have on another 2GB USB) and if I then start the Snow Leopard Retail USB my computer will reboot or get the "Still waiting for root device". I have tried both -v and busratio=22.

However, if I use another loader from another guide (NawcomCD loader) I won't fail the process and will end up to the point where I start my installation.

How come your loader doesnt work with my computer but another does? Im using the same Snow Leopard USB on both.

I patched the Snow Leopard Retail with the files from the 10.6.7 guide because I wanted to use it as a USB.

My system:
AMD Phenom II x6 1055t (overclock to 3.8ghz)
Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
8GB RAM
GTX 460 768mb

Thanks!

snowbound

snowbound

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Is this guide only usable if one already has OSx installed on a Hackintosh?

Trying to install Retail 10.6.3 on Asus M2N-MX SE Plus. Currently using on board video.

dfris

dfris

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hey guys, came across this thread looking for some help on my laptop it has a ati 3200hd graphic card. was wondering if the ati section on this guide would work with this card.

Iv tried to search on google ati ( name) one of the names in the list but it returns no useful info. what do i need to search for to find the name for this card.

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy