[AMD] 10.6.8 Guide - written by Devout

Devout

122 posts in this topic

Hey awesome guide! So I'm stuck at the beginning of the guide unfortunately. /: I've got the reatil 10.6.3 .dmg all restored to my thumb drive but when I open up ModUSB it won't let me install to the thumb drive. What am I supposed to do now? Should I use nawcoms boot cd and boot that and then try booting from the usb? I'd prefer not to have to do that if possible cuz I have no black CDs currently.

Thanks for any help anyone gives me.

Hey awesome guide! So I'm stuck at the beginning of the guide unfortunately. /: I've got the reatil 10.6.3 .dmg all restored to my thumb drive but when I open up ModUSB it won't let me install to the thumb drive. What am I supposed to do now? Should I use nawcoms boot cd and boot that and then try booting from the usb? I'd prefer not to have to do that if possible cuz I have no black CDs currently.

Thanks for any help anyone gives me.

When you open up MODUSB, what happens. Why won't it let you open it up? You can try Nawcom BootCD.

I tried following your guide and when I got to adding my device id, I have a 6870 and there was no ATI6000Controller.kext so I added my device id to ATI5000Controller.kext. I followed the rest of the instructions to upgrade to 10.6.7 but when it reboots the computer hangs at Device in slot -- 1. Any help?

Specs:

AMD Phenom II x4 955

AMD Radeon HD 6870

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

I think you need 10.6.8 and then you will download the kext from http://www.osx86.net/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't find the Device ID for my AMD 6520G. I also want to run 64 bit on my SL not i386 but can't find the correct files.

Specs

A6-3400M

6GB DDR3

500GB HDD

AMD Radeon HD 6520G

I'm not sure if it works on that graphics card, but to run 64 bit userland it's arch=i386 -force64. Only standard applications like Safari and Finder are 64 bit, so Photoshop CS6 will not work.

I'm not sure if it works on that graphics card, but to run 64 bit userland it's arch=i386 -force64. Only standard applications like Safari and Finder are 64 bit, so Photoshop CS6 will not work.

I installed ATY_init.kext and when see the boot log i can see my device ID in System Profiler. Does the Device ID from System Profiler work? It also says 3MB for graphics and I get only 1024x768 resolution.

I installed ATY_init.kext and when see the boot log i can see my device ID in System Profiler. Does the Device ID from System Profiler work? It also says 3MB for graphics and I get only 1024x768 resolution.

Yeah it will say 3MB for graphics if it's not loaded, you only get proper resolution once QE/CI (the graphics card) is activated properly. I'll try and add the Device ID to ATI6000Controller.kext.

Yeah it will say 3MB for graphics if it's not loaded, you only get proper resolution once QE/CI (the graphics card) is activated properly. I'll try and add the Device ID to ATI6000Controller.kext.

Does System Profiler show the correct Device ID?

Does System Profiler show the correct Device ID?

Mine does, but I'm not sure it's because I've injected the right device ID and changed it. Google your graphics card and try to find the device ID, if it isn't right.

Mine does, but I'm not sure it's because I've injected the right device ID and changed it. Google your graphics card and try to find the device ID, if it isn't right.

I think I found my device ID. I used Unknown Devices and my device ID is VEN_1002 and DEV_9647

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i would like to say first of all, thank you Devout for providing the tutorial.

i followed each direction step by step and so far, it says Successful installation, but when i get to this part:

when i get the reboot and get to this part:

• Once the installation has been completed, restart the machine (It’ll do it automatically). Boot back into ModUSB by pressing the Boot menu button and then once you see the drives screen you should see the hard drive you installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on.

• Select it, but don’t HIT ENTER. Type in

Code:

busratio=18 -v

it gives me a panic screen.

3976d1360304231-amd-hackintosh-panic-screen-img_20130207_212308.jpg

is there any solution to this?

My Current Specs are as follows:

AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core 3.66ghz NOT OC'ed

Gigabyte GA 78LMT-S2P Chipset 780G

4GB ram

nVidia GeForce GT 610

• Like 1

i followed each direction step by step and so far, it says Successful installation, but when i get to this part:

• Once the installation has been completed, restart the machine (It’ll do it automatically). Boot back into ModUSB by pressing the Boot menu button and then once you see the drives screen you should see the hard drive you installed Mac OS X Snow Leopard on.

Code:

busratio=18 -v

4GB ram

nVidia GeForce GT 610

Is your hard drive in BIOS set to AHCI? I can't load your image right now but shoot me a PM if this doesn't work. You can also try safe mode -x

• 1 month later...

Code:

busratio=18 -v

4GB ram

nVidia GeForce GT 610

I have the same CPU, and the same problem. Have AHCI turned on.

I am daring to install Mountain Lion as a VirtualBox guest on my Linux computer.

The hardware requisites:

Linux darkstar 3.2.29 x86_64

AMD Athlon™ Dual Core Processor 4850e

VirtualBox 4.2.10

Guest LionOSX has the following properties:

Memory size:     2048MB

Page Fusion:     off

VRAM size:     7MB

CPU exec cap:    100%

HPET:            off

Chipset:         piix3

Firmware:        BIOS

Number of CPUs: 1

Synthetic Cpu: off

CPUID overrides: None

Boot menu mode: message and menu

Boot Device (1): DVD

Boot Device (2): HardDisk

Boot Device (3): Floppy

Boot Device (4): Not Assigned

ACPI:            on

IOAPIC:         off

PAE:             off

Time offset:     0ms

RTC:             local time

Hardw. virt.ext: on

Hardw. virt.ext exclusive: on

Nested Paging: on

Large Pages:     off

VT-x VPID:     on

What I have done:

• created per restore a "Mac OSX Install DVD" for 10.6.3 on a 16GB USB stick
  • modified it with OSX86_ModUSB.pkg
  • started the LionOSX client [EDIT: Mac OSX Install] with the stick
  • entered rd(0,0)/extra/modbin_kernel arch=i386 busratio=18 -v

post-1143538-0-56456900-1363686492_thumb.png

Status up to key press:

post-1143538-0-83288200-1363686717_thumb.png

Panic after key press:

post-1143538-0-18205100-1363686749_thumb.png

So VirtualBox has no power management implemented? Could I omit this feature?

Hi

Thanks for the guide and sorry for my english.

Finally I have got installed snow leopard on my amd following that guide with nawcom modusb and snow leopard retail.

My specs are:

Gygabite ga-ma-790xt udh4

Amd Phenom II x4 955

8 gb DDR3 1600 Corsair

Club 3d ati radeon 5750 1Gb

Sata hard disk

The final installation isn’t perfect yet but I am  very happy, I tried install it many times without any suscess.

The installation issues:

I followed the update from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 but I cant boot the osx without nawcom modusb, I select the installation in chimera screen and paralize boot whit this words:

Dyld:shared cache file was build against a different lifsystem,diblyb, ignoring cache

Virtual boot Iohideventsystemusercliente::invwhittask task*void*vint32 client task not privileged to to open iohidsystem to remapping memory.

Whith Nawcom mod usb boot without flags

2. The mac OSx only recognize 2 gb of ram

3. The ati 5000 kext  doesn’t work for me

4. I can t activate hdmi audio.

I hope fix that issues with you wisdom, thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Hi!

With this setup, you can run Lion 10.7.5, which is a more recent system (in fact, contemporary of Mountain Lion) and, as of now, far more stable on AMD machines than any version of Snow Leopard, with the possibility of full 64-bit experience, since you have an ATI graphics card.

You can also try Mountain Lion, thanks to your ATI card, but in this case the success is not guaranteed.

Check out the AMD development section.

All the best!

Hi!

With this setup, you can run Lion 10.7.5, which is a more recent system (in fact, contemporary of Mountain Lion) and, as of now, far more stable on AMD machines than any version of Snow Leopard, with the possibility of full 64-bit experience, since you have an ATI graphics card.

You can also try Mountain Lion, thanks to your ATI card, but in this case the success is not guaranteed.

Check out the AMD development section.

All the best!

Thanks, I tried install Lion using method 2 (iatkosL2),I followed the experimental guide 10.7.The system dont boot, I replace diferent mach_kernel and try diferent flags. I rename the kernels: bronzovka v4 ,yours connactic and others to legacy_kernel to boot.

When I rename the kernels to mach_kernel the boot stops and tell me cant find legacy kernel.Only boot something with legacy_kernel

What kernel is more effective? I will install irc to ask in amd development and continue triying it

I am daring to install Mountain Lion as a VirtualBox guest on my Linux computer.

[...]

So VirtualBox has no power management implemented? Could I omit this feature?

I have added the file NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the folder /System/Library/Extensions/ on the install USB stick. The files AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext have been renamed.

Despite this change the boot process will freeze.

Screenshot #2 in my post shows that the bootloader is looking for rd(0,1)/Extra/Extensions/mkext

Should this file be deleted or modified to enable the boot process?

Again, xkaezar and zdia: the best OSX release for AMD these days is Lion 10.7.5, using Bronzovka RC7 or RC8 kernels. Ask help here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/ and download the kernels for Lion here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Patched_Kernels

All the best!

Ah, I thought it would be necessary - according to the first guide post - to start with 10.6.3 and move upwards. So thank you for the hint to start immediately with 10.7.5!

• Like 1