1572 replies to this topic

Graebags

Graebags

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
me too... all good. running 11a444d.

In my case I chose to replace the boot file in Chameleon Rc5 752 with Netkas' latest pc-efi boot file.
http://netkas.org/?p=745

jacoweb

jacoweb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh!
i hope there will be a fix for sleep soon!

Crna Brada

Crna Brada

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Installed on Gigabyte GA-X58-UD7 & ATI Radeon 5870 using Netkas boot. It does work with some issues.

1. During boot complains: "Incorrect image signature", "Header read size 0", "old pci command -7"
2. Clock is not working properly - time passes faster (some 20 minutes per hour).
3. Sleep resets bios.
4. Attempt to reset the system crashes it and hard power off is needed - but without bios reset.

I am using exactly the same configuration that works perfectly for SL including DSDT from tonymacx86 for this board.
While points 3 and 4 seem to be known, it appears that I am doing something wrong to cause problems 1 and 2.

Any help appreciated!

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,896 posts
Info: Clock is not working properly - time passes faster (some 20 minutes per hour).
In this cases, clock/time runs wrong - most benchmarks (measures things/time) will give wrong results also.
In real your PC didnt run slower/faster in the benchmark - only the mesurement is wrong. I tell this, because often posted slow geekbench & Co results here - which is only due the wrong timing, not real slower.

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
please, any suggestions..
I had perfectly working dp2 setup, then i used software update twice(it booted just fine after first update-smaller one)
but when latest update restarted, it's just that-
i can leave it that way for hours and nothing happens.

any hint/help would be appreciated. i'm no kind of noob and i've used hack since leo, with only help of manuals.

q9300, 9800gt, 5gb ram on p35-d3sl

btw after DSMOS has arrived it always gets into gui. atleast it used to =)

Attached Files

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,896 posts
I cant see any FAKESMC messages (thats working / loaded). Does they were shown ?
2-3 lines in the log should tell that FAKESMC was loaded.
If not some problem with that - booting stalls without woring FAKESMC.

candido

candido

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi guys!

I'm trying to install Lion on my P5Q deluxe from USB bootable with Chameleno RC5 Rev755 v7 but the installation stops here:

Posted Image

I can't understand what is the problem! Help me please!

To install Lion you need NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /S/L/E/

Goron

Goron

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I cant see any FAKESMC messages (thats working / loaded). Does they were shown ?

Well, it says: DSMOS has arrived, so i guess FakeSMC is loaded ...

Is it possible to take out the HDD with the NTFS on it?

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

please, any suggestions..
I had perfectly working dp2 setup, then i used software update twice(it booted just fine after first update-smaller one)
but when latest update restarted, it's just that-
i can leave it that way for hours and nothing happens.

any hint/help would be appreciated. i'm no kind of noob and i've used hack since leo, with only help of manuals.

q9300, 9800gt, 5gb ram on p35-d3sl

btw after DSMOS has arrived it always gets into gui. atleast it used to =)

Replacing both IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext along with IntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext version 156.0.0 from DP2 Update 2 11e444d with the corresponding kexts version 155.0.0 from the preceding DP2 (11a430e) allowed me to successfully boot and run the DP2 11A444d post the 11a430e update.

It is also worth noting that I updated the 11a430e to 11a444d from the Snow Leopard partition via the LionSWUpdate.pkg rather than the automatic Software Update.

If you have FakeSMC.kext or other kexts in the /Extra/Extensions directory, the recent Chameleon 2 RC5 package installer may fail to properly load it as noted in appropriate Chameleon thread.

Well, it says: DSMOS has arrived, so i guess FakeSMC is loaded ...

Is it possible to take out the HDD with the NTFS on it?

It is indeed possible. Why wouldn't it be?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,896 posts
I would use FAKESMC.kext always in /S/L/E - it gets never overwritten by Apple in /S/L/E.
I think /EXTRA has no advantage at all for FAKESMC usage , and you are sure that it works also if some bootloaders (updated) fail to load some /EXTRA content.

Goron

Goron

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
11a444d up and running here. Lost sound and dunno about sleep yet, will try out later, but besides that, everything seems to work flawlessly.

Just one finding:

Lion panic´d on OC profile!!! Had to increase CPU CoreVoltage to get it to boot, SL was/is fine with lower setting ... any1 know if that´s for a specific reason??

Cheers

Goron

jacoweb

jacoweb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Installed on Gigabyte GA-X58-UD7 & ATI Radeon 5870 using Netkas boot. It does work with some issues.

1. During boot complains: "Incorrect image signature", "Header read size 0", "old pci command -7"
2. Clock is not working properly - time passes faster (some 20 minutes per hour).
3. Sleep resets bios.
4. Attempt to reset the system crashes it and hard power off is needed - but without bios reset.

I am using exactly the same configuration that works perfectly for SL including DSDT from tonymacx86 for this board.
While points 3 and 4 seem to be known, it appears that I am doing something wrong to cause problems 1 and 2.

Any help appreciated!

Same problems here! Same motherboard to. hope for some fixes soon. :(

Crna Brada

Crna Brada

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Same problems here! Same motherboard to. hope for some fixes soon. :unsure:

kjellamund thank you for the info. I did find fix for the incorrect time. Andy on Netkas site posted his version of Chameleon. You can find both sources and binary.
http://www.mediafire...73a250mqli1j813
Additionally, "old pci command -7" warning during boot is gone and "Header read size 0" has changed to something less threatening "Header read size 200" - whatever that might mean. Reset and sleep problems are still there but with correct time, I can now use it to send emails without worring that recepient will be under impression they were sent from "Back to the future".

Cheers

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

11a444d up and running here. Lost sound and dunno about sleep yet, will try out later, but besides that, everything seems to work flawlessly.

Just one finding:

Lion panic´d on OC profile!!! Had to increase CPU CoreVoltage to get it to boot, SL was/is fine with lower setting ... any1 know if that´s for a specific reason??

Cheers

Goron

This Attached File  AppleHDA.kext.zip   1.39MB   50 downloads provides sound on Lion and Snow Leopard for Sigmatel STAC 9228. :)

buoo

buoo

The Prodigal Son

• Moderators
  • 4,536 posts

I've tryed this and other advices but I have the same problem.

Goron

Goron

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Is naybody experiencing issues with mdworker (spotlight)? If indexing it will crash my system, when disabled it just works ... same in SL: when my SL tries to index the Lion drive mdworker panics, so i have to exclude it from that drive.

stirkac

stirkac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Replacing both IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext along with IntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext version 156.0.0 from DP2 Update 2 11e444d with the corresponding kexts version 155.0.0 from the preceding DP2 (11a430e) allowed me to successfully boot and run the DP2 11A444d post the 11a430e update.

It is also worth noting that I updated the 11a430e to 11a444d from the Snow Leopard partition via the LionSWUpdate.pkg rather than the automatic [url="http://www.insanelym...t_type=posts#"][color="#3673a3"]Software Update

Thanks soooo much will try as soon as i can:D

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,896 posts

I've tryed this and other advices but I have the same problem.

I am sure it depends also on MacModell usage!
I use iMac11,1 vanilla speedstep (via DSDT) keeps running.
MacPro Modell usage sometimes problematic - also the /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext is very problematic (KPs, SL+Lion) and is dependend only to MacPro Modells, not iMac modells.
I can so no benefit using MacPro Modell insted of iMac Modell for hackintoshs!

jacoweb

jacoweb

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I think Lion is more slower workflow. Snow Leopard works mutch faster! Is it just me or some one else have this problem to?

Jordan2Delta

Jordan2Delta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Is naybody experiencing issues with mdworker (spotlight)? If indexing it will crash my system, when disabled it just works ... same in SL: when my SL tries to index the Lion drive mdworker panics, so i have to exclude it from that drive.

Yes, on my system, too. There is one hdd with music and other stuff (which works well in SL btw.) I wanted to scan by Spotlight, but even if it finishes it on next reboot mdworker is starting all over to make an index.

I checked my log and there some weird messages.
Btw. all volumes are missing something, too. I just don't know what it is.

Looking forward to a next Lion or Chameleon update.
Back to SL for me.

I think Lion is more slower workflow. Snow Leopard works mutch faster! Is it just me or some one else have this problem to?

Yeah, you could say that for opening a new window in Finder for instance. It takes some 1~2 seconds until a new one shows up. I hope they speed up those and other things as well.

The finder windows also got too much shadow in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy