Mobility Radeon HD 5650 QE/CI WORK! (26/2 Update!)

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
hdmi probably won't work at all, you need maybe to try to use vga. did you patched exactly hoolock?
P.S.: Seems to be nobody else cares about this topic anymore.

Pockets69

Pockets69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
i don't have a vga monitor around so i can't test it, i think i am going to give a try tomorrow on some more stuff, and report back, yes i patched hoolock, and yeah nobody cares 90% of the people don't have the techicall abiliity to pull this off, i just posted the same question (regarding the the 5650 not working ) on Tmac not a single answer, i guess they get scared, too much info for them.

i just hope i can pull this out tomorrow or in the next few days, i ll let you know :)

Ps god insanelymac censors everything xd

Edit1
came across this post http://www.insanelym...howtopic=265832, do you think we need to patch personalities to get this to work?

Edit2
Am i being paranoid or is most of the people i found having problems with this card having the device ID of 0x68c1, what device id do you have Neolo?
also the problem is 0x68c1 is not 0x68C1, the second one was added in the plist on the ati5000controller the first one (which is mine) i had to add it manually, i don't think the device ID is supported, but then again it makes no sense what so ever, since there are a few pics on this thread showing QEci working on 5650 with that exact device id 0x68c1, i really don't know what to do/Say/Think

I contacted one of the users of this forum that seems to know a lot about this card, i am awaiting for his reply, i just hope he does reply.

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

i don't have a vga monitor around so i can't test it, i think i am going to give a try tomorrow on some more stuff, and report back, yes i patched hoolock, and yeah nobody cares 90% of the people don't have the techicall abiliity to pull this off, i just posted the same question (regarding the the 5650 not working ) on Tmac not a single answer, i guess they get scared, too much info for them.

i just hope i can pull this out tomorrow or in the next few days, i ll let you know :)

Ps god insanelymac censors everything xd

Edit1
came across this post http://www.insanelym...howtopic=265832, do you think we need to patch personalities to get this to work?

Edit2
Am i being paranoid or is most of the people i found having problems with this card having the device ID of 0x68c1, what device id do you have Neolo?

I also tried on vga monitor - simple nothing different. Mine dev ID is the same as yours. Everybody I met on the forums are successfully running this card with exact id's (except me you and another russian guy with same laptop as mine are having this problem). I don't know about personalities... I even don't know what is that for =), just keep trying everything you'll find. What is your laptop? Cuz mine is Acer Aspire 5553G on AMD Phenom II which I couldn't find on any mac forums. Looks like I'm alone with this {censored}. Oh well, keep trying =).

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Pockets69

UPD: Was playing today with this thing, because I was so bored and OMG I got it!!!! It works! On internal display! :angel_not: Happened clearly accidentally.
I knew that solution is easy but was difficult to see it. I tried almost all framebuffers except Elodea and decided that this is gives nothing - OMG....
Got recognized card and native resolution ONLY.

So what I have:
- dumped rom in Extra folder.
- All stock kexts while updated to 10.6.8 (in case with lion it should be the same situation). Nothing were patched there.
- GraphicsEnabler=Yes UseATIRom=Yes VBIOS=Yes ATIConfig = Elodea (not sure if all this stuff is needed but ELODEA definitely does the trick).
- Generated custom EDID.

U can look at the screen attached here, that's all I done to get it

Posted Image

UDP2: So after this it seems to be fine, BUT dvd player still says that video device is not found. Dashboard effects are not working. WTF? And why it recognized as ATI 5000 HD?
UDP3: Got Hoolock is working now (strange but I tried it hundred times before without success) maybe it's because I removed UseAtiRom. My card is recognized as Ati Mobility 5650HD (yay!). But NO QECI, only native resolution! Why?
UDP4: Nomascus drops my OS in circular reboot. Assuming this frame buffer is gonna make a QECI but something wrong. HELP!

Pockets69

Pockets69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Congratz bud :)

Well i started messing with it a few mins ago, just read your post, but i am getting something aswell, i got a spare hdd that i had lying around, and did a fresh install just to test the tutorial outwith nothing else installed, and its getting some results i actually got a distorted boot screen here, but i am now stuck at boot, also stupid lizard {censored}ed up my pen drive lol anyway i ll fix it, i am going to work a bit more on this, and if i cant get it working going to try your solution :)

also i see my ati now detected as it should, with hoolock and an offset so this might actually work which is cool :) what i don't get is my desktop right now lol

edit1
strange i got a resolution change on chameleon and on darwin, but it doesnt seem to change anything on the desktop -.-

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Actually, as you see, I changed my post 5 times, I got resolution only, NO QE\CI at all =\ I need to continue....
I found why we couldn't get any results in the past, and probably this is causing a problems for you too -> download KextWizard and do Perm. and cache rebuild on Extra folder - that's why I had no results in the past when messed with video card, you no need to reinstall whole OS, just do as I said.

vilczech18

vilczech18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Try to
cd /folder/where_files_are
(do chown $ chmod on it) then ./radeon_bios_decode your.rom
or ./radeon_bios_decode < your.rom

it should out the info right in console.

The reason I can't try this method, is I just can't figure out how to modify those hex values, I just can't find those offsets listed there.

it just looks like u have only resolution without hardware acceleration.

It seems like that. How can I make it work? I'm new at this..

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

It seems like that. How can I make it work? I'm new at this..

What is your card? Maybe you don't need it.

Pockets69

Pockets69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Actually, as you see, I changed my post 5 times, I got resolution only, NO QE\CI at all =\ I need to continue....
I found why we couldn't get any results in the past, and probably this is causing a problems for you too -> download KextWizard and do Perm. and cache rebuild on Extra folder - that's why I had no results in the past when messed with video card, you no need to reinstall whole OS, just do as I said.

ah cool, well yeah it sucks but you still got the resolution, well as for me i was already jumping up and down with joy, cause i saw the resolution changing, but it still didn't detect my GPU Card LOOOL, still i get 1366x768 which looks awesome but still NO QE/CI and the card is still not correctly detected -.-

i am going to give a shot at lizard now ;) thanks

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

ah cool, well yeah it sucks but you still got the resolution, well as for me i was already jumping up and down with joy, cause i saw the resolution changing, but it still didn't detect my GPU Card LOOOL, still i get 1366x768 which looks awesome but still NO QE/CI and the card is still not correctly detected -.-

You should try all framebuffers and see where it will be detected. I guess we have to edit those personalities via hex editor to rich qeci. But, damn, I still can't figure out how to edit it. Why I see on 00000 row code like CAFEBABE 00000002 01000007 00000003 what is that mean?

Can you patch ATI5000Controller for me? My values are: LVDS 5, HDMI-A 1, VGA 8. Thank you.

neomatrix125

neomatrix125

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I have a Dell Studio 1749 and I've tried everything, like all different framebuffers.
I've got all the right info but I can never get it to work on my LVDS.
However my VGA works fine with my setup.
Most people seem to have 3 ports with their setup, LVDS, HDMI and VGA.
I have LVDS, DisplayPort, HDMI and VGA, maybe the extra port changes something??
Either way I would like to know if anyone has the same kind of thing and actually got somewhere with it.
My Laptop is a Dell Studio 1749 with a Mobility Radeon 5650.

Pockets69

Pockets69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
more people with problems with this yeah i can try to patch yours neolo send me your aticontroller, i can do it on mine and send you, but hell i don't know if it makes a difference so i better use yours.

btw anyone knows how to patch dsdt's?

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

more people with problems with this yeah i can try to patch yours neolo send me your aticontroller, i can do it on mine and send you, but hell i don't know if it makes a difference so i better use yours.

There is no difference, OSX kexts are the same everywhere =). But patch please hoolock frame buffer please. Also you may do with Eulemur and Elodea just to be sure, so I can try them all. :star_sunglasses:
I'm going crazy, how do you doing that patching, how you see proper code in that numeric mess? :wallbash:

I have a Dell Studio 1749 and I've tried everything, like all different framebuffers.
I've got all the right info but I can never get it to work on my LVDS.
However my VGA works fine with my setup.
Most people seem to have 3 ports with their setup, LVDS, HDMI and VGA.
I have LVDS, DisplayPort, HDMI and VGA, maybe the extra port changes something??
Either way I would like to know if anyone has the same kind of thing and actually got somewhere with it.
My Laptop is a Dell Studio 1749 with a Mobility Radeon 5650.

I think you should do the same we are trying to do here - to patch chosen framebuffer with LVDS senseid you have. Start dumping your rom and decode it to see those values. read this topic.

Pockets69

Pockets69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
ok i ll use mine, how do i see the code? i read that tread studied a little to understand just jump to the offsets, and change the code, then patch it with the sense ids for each device.

anyway i ll make a pack with hoolock eulemur and eolodea, i ll do one controller for each and put you in a zip so you can try the one you want... but wanted to show you this, though, i got native 1366x768 working still no qe/ci, but what changed compared to earlier when i couldn't get more than 1024x768 i had the ATI kext working, now that i got the 1366x768 it doesn't what the {censored}???
here are the pics

On the GPU No KEXT loaded
see only ATISupport.kext loaded, WTF?

Attached Files

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,647 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello

try to see this

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

good hack

Pockets69

Pockets69

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Artur! a Portuguese friend :D well i have seen your post in olarila read it a few times already, still cant make it work, i ll explain.

i got my resolution to 1366x768 which is great (seeing i couldn-t get it in the beggining) but still no qe ci, what is really strange is teh fact that when i was stuck at 1024x768 i had two kexts loaded the ati5000controller.kext and atisupport.kext, but still!!! i didn-t have my card recognized.

when i was able to switch to 1366x768 what i noticed was that i had that awesome resolution, but my card wasn-t still supported, plus it said kext not loaded or something in the system preferences, well i took at the extensions tab, and yeah the Ati5000controler.kext was not loaded, only the atisupport one was loaded.

Right now (after my 4th fresh install today) i booted chameleon with -x AtiConfig=Langur and out of nowhere my screen went black!! and i was like what? rebooted tried again without the -x it didn-t work i got the atiradeonx3000 errors, so i went again with same personality and -x again it booted and the right moment he was suposed to show the login screen, it went black (backlight enabled) so i can only assume its the personality working, and all i need is to connect an external device right? i am not 100% sure but i think i might just have enabled it :) will check out tomorrow i have an old external CRT around see if i get something on the screen.

Neolo i ll leave the edited aticontrollers here tomorrow.

obrigado pela ajuda artur-pt
abraco

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
I had the same problem with kext wasn't loaded, as I said before, you just need to repair permissions and rebuild cache on Extra and S/L/E folders using kext wizard. No need to reinstall operating system so much.
The only difference, that you don't have a senceid on LVDS, I thing that's mean you can use only external monitor, or maybe I wrong and you need to hex patching somewhere else.

vilczech18

vilczech18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

What is your card? Maybe you don't need it.

My graphics card is ATI MOBILITY RADEON 5650 (2GB)

Dude, I got my resolution in Chameleon - I don't why it worked but I set it on 1920x1200x32 (Graphics mode flag in OSX Chameleon) and then reboot and you should see in settings resolution 1600x900x32 - that was the only option for me. I know It looks like a crep but I worked for me. But my VRAM is 5MB.:D

Neolo

Neolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

My graphics card is ATI MOBILITY RADEON 5650 (2GB)

Try all monkey's names of framebuffers first, if only resolution changes, than you can join us in hex patching of Ati5000controller.

vilczech18

vilczech18

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Try all monkey's names of framebuffers first, if only resolution changes, than you can join us in hex patching of Ati5000controller.

Okay, so 1st I'll try FB and then I'll ask about hex pathing.:D Thx for answer, love this forum. And quiezes was cool too.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy