Mobility Radeon HD 5650 QE/CI WORK! (26/2 Update!)

eric028

113 posts in this topic

What does ncpi mean?

Graphics works now, in system info I got correct value (2048MB) but I think graphics is still kinda slow. For example in lauchpad, there are no bugs like before but its not smooth at all..

I tried that 3 frame buffers but still slow. Do you think I should try different?

I can't even start presentation in keynote..:/ (I couldn't before neither)

That means you have such step as I had where only native resolution without qeci, did you replaced kexts from zip file I gave? Did you removed all kexts with names ATI**** before that? Did you repaired permissions on whole partition? If yes. Than do next in console:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /boot

sudo chmod -R 755 /boot

it helped me in some cases when some kexts were unable to load.

And at last, try all FBs from list using Chameleon Wizard.

I did. In System/Library/Extension I`ve searched "Ati" in extension folder and deleted all. Replaced with you zip and repaired + rebuilded cache in OSX86tools.

About that sudo chown -R ..etd - I have to to that in -s flag mode or can I do it in terminal?

OT: After installing yours kexts in that zip file, GPU worked better (in lauchapad no bugs, but slow..) and when I closed the lid or put my acer to sleep, I could not wake it. When I had old kexts, I could wake it on any key, but that wasn't sleep, just turned of display and sound.. Any suggestion how to make sleep working or disable it? (Make it work would b better:D)

That means you have such step as I had where only native resolution without qeci, did you replaced kexts from zip file I gave? Did you removed all kexts with names ATI**** before that? Did you repaired permissions on whole partition? If yes. Than do next in console:

sudo chown -R root:wheel /boot

sudo chmod -R 755 /boot

it helped me in some cases when some kexts were unable to load.

And at last, try all FBs from list using Chameleon Wizard.

Monkeys or every?

Okay, that was exacly waht I needed. :) Thx.

About that Windows - I need them for school and work.:/

After you will get qe\ci, you probably will stuck on next problem with 16-bit color depth, as me =), looks very ugly...

P.S: there is nothing in windows that can't be replaced by mac. I totally destroyed windows from all my computers. ooops off topic =)

I give up, I graphics sux. I`ll wait till ML. I tried few FBs and It`s annoying me to reboot and reboot.. If anyone has idea tell me. The last thing - I have option in my BIOS to switch graphics switchable or discrete.

And all this time you tried to do qe\ci in switchable mode? LoL

I had it on discrete all time, just saying theres an option..

I couldn't get it work long time, but did somehow. If you see black screen all the time, that means that you are on the right way, just need to find right FB. If you booting in low resolution - means that not all ATI kexts are loaded, and you need to fix permissions and rebuild cache.

I¨m booting with correct resolution but graphics is slow. When I type I sometimes got freeze (1sec) and graphics is slow, lauchpad loads too long and It¨s actually same like before, except bug on startup and in lauchpad. I don't know what to do, I read few tutorials how to make it work but I don't know if It will work.. Maybe I`ll find kexts which would work perfect.

I¨m booting with correct resolution but graphics is slow. When I type I sometimes got freeze (1sec) and graphics is slow, lauchpad loads too long and It¨s actually same like before, except bug on startup and in lauchpad. I don't know what to do, I read few tutorials how to make it work but I don't know if It will work.. Maybe I`ll find kexts which would work perfect.

Actually I solved this problem by replacing whole ATI*** kexts pack to lower version (like from Lion DP1 or whatever it was), also from 10.6.8 qe/ci works. But when I trying to load with 10.7.2 or 10.7.3 kexts I having same problem when only rez and no acceleration. So I suggest you to try 10.6.8 kexts.

No.

======================================================================

After all, I made clean install of iAtkos L2 (i used this all the time). Selected all necessary files, and in graphics first ATI Inyt. After install AtiConfig=Orangutan and guess what! Fully working. Lauchpad, Mission Control, - everything is soooo smooth and nice! Now I did update to 10.7.3 and works.

Earlier I selected the second ATI Inyt cuz the first one did just black screen with backlight. Thx to you Neolo, I tried AtiConfig!

I would not figure it without external monitor - I plugged it and it worked on 800x600 but worked (with lauchapd etc.) So I tried FB.

So that was pleasure to work with you Neolo.:)

No.

======================================================================

After all, I made clean install of iAtkos L2 (i used this all the time). Selected all necessary files, and in graphics first ATI Inyt. After install AtiConfig=Orangutan and guess what! Fully working. Lauchpad, Mission Control, - everything is soooo smooth and nice! Now I did update to 10.7.3 and works.

Earlier I selected the second ATI Inyt cuz the first one did just black screen with backlight. Thx to you Neolo, I tried AtiConfig!

I would not figure it without external monitor - I plugged it and it worked on 800x600 but worked (with lauchapd etc.) So I tried FB.

So that was pleasure to work with you Neolo. :)

Wait-wait. Before you will disappear like guy before in my conversation, tell me, do you have 16-bit colors on internal screen??? Make a test: http://www.lagom.nl/...st/gradient.php How do you see first gradient picture? I need to know if there in IAtkos something that can help me with this problem. I'm using Retail image and don't want to with to any custom builds. And attach your Aty_init please, I want to try it out if colors are fine there.

I don't see lines when I watch movies (HQ). And about games - I told ya, I got Windows for few things.. :D:P

I see it now. Well we will figure it out.') Do you think that fb can fix that?

I read somewhere to disable graphics enabler - I tried it but without graphicsenabler=yes I have 5MB VRAM again. So I have to use ge=yes.

Edited by vilczech18