• Please log in to reply
859 replies to this topic

Dr. Jackson

Dr. Jackson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey maybe you guys can help me. I have a Mobility Radeon 5730. It works fantastic on 10.6.8 with the lion Kexts. In order to use graphics enabler I have to use a specific boot file. Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r749 modded with Kabyl code. My problem is this bootloader won't work with Lion. When I run ##### or Chimera latest it has the same crash as new Chameleon it dies at reading VBIOS from Legacy Space.

Any suggestions?

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Is there a list of all ATI Cards that work with no bin patching for this branch of Chameleon?

Azimutz

Azimutz

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:At the moment, OSx86.. In general, music, audiophile, computers.. to much to mention...

thank you azimutz for adding my device to your branch hihi. now after compiling the ati6000controller and the atix3000 kexts are loaded, lvds not working correctly because of the framebuffer i think, hdmi is working with qe/c

another question, belong this device really to the turks family, i have read something about vancouverA, is it important?

Hi Nai, sorry for the late reply.. i'm not following these topic regularly anymore.
Please pm me so we can talk or follow the ATi/AMD link on my signature and post there.
I'd like to know what framebuffer you're using so i can add it to the booter's code.

Hey maybe you guys can help me. I have a Mobility Radeon 5730. It works fantastic on 10.6.8 with the lion Kexts. In order to use graphics enabler I have to use a specific boot file. Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r749 modded with Kabyl code. My problem is this bootloader won't work with Lion. When I run ##### or Chimera latest it has the same crash as new Chameleon it dies at reading VBIOS from Legacy Space.

Any suggestions?

Hi Dr. jackson; Kabyl's work was added to the trunk (Chameleon) long time ago. Follow the "buildbots" link on my sig for the latest builds.
About your problem, can't help with Lion (i don't use it... yet). Show up in the topic i pointed above if you like...

Is there a list of all ATI Cards that work with no bin patching for this branch of Chameleon?

Just look at the plists inside the ATIRadeonXy00 kexts; if a dev id is not there, most likely will need bin patch.

dany83

dany83

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hello,

i have ati 6770 , but no work with lion

as i can solve this problem ??

i wait reply

thx you

:)

Saquib

Saquib

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

If the card is not primary, then you need a <vendorid>_<deviceid>_<subsysid>.rom under /Extra.

Hello guys,

I have ATI 5500 Card, but am not able to make it work, below is my Graphic card profile

Display:

Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68da
Revision ID: 0x0000
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1024 x 768
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

I did tried following steps.
  • Install IATKOS S3 V2 with ATI_Int & 32bit Kernel
  • Update is using MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.6
  • Edit ATI5000Controller.kext and added my card device id 0x68DA1002
  • Extract BIOS using GPU-Z, below is screenshot
Posted Image
  • Am not sure about subsysid so i name The ROM image as 1002_68da_1462.rom and place it in /Extras
  • and finally copy Kabyl boot file.
  • After restarting system nothing happen. same 1024x768 resolution
:) Please help me what am doing wrong.
I have tried it more than 5 times and formated my system 6 times.

My system configuration is
Motherboard : Gigabyte 945GCMX-S2
RAM : 2 GB
Graphic Card : ATI Radeon HD 5500

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Tried with Mobility radeon 6970m......... only get a black screen. Any fix for this?

Kvasir

Kvasir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Guys 6470 works with leo or lion?

rennsport

rennsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi guys,

I am really new to all this stuff and was wondering what do I do with the boot file that was the download. I know the original post said if you don't know how to use it then don't use it, but I really want my ATI 5830 to work with my hackintosh.

Thanks,
renn.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
@renn
The boot file goes on the root of the drive meaning the

should look something like this
Posted Image
Then just drop the boot file there

rennsport

rennsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

Oh so I replace the invisible boot on root (/boot) with Kabyl's boot file? Also what should the permissions be for it? 777?

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
yeah just replace it just as you've said and no need to repair permissions that's just needed if you installed any kexts while doing so

rennsport

rennsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

Ok I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Edit: No luck... :( I put Kabyl's latest boot on root, rebooted and now every time I try to boot it just restarts (Not even an Apple Logo).

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
no dice with his boot file... did you by chance happen to backup your original boot file? Going to have to revert back to that one and find another solution to your 5830
should be possible through adding your dev ID to the x3000 accelerator kext. Just let me know when you're back up in action or if you need some help fixing your current boot issue.

rennsport

rennsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
@ TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

I have learned the hard way before :D I backup every file I replace now including this boot file. So I have resolutions working finally (YAY) however I don't have QE/CI working. I used this to get the resolutions though: http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1564815

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
Using the Uakari FB for the 58xx you're supposed to get QE along with the resolution changes but going based on other users experience and netkas's site, it would seem that the 5830 is the oddball out of the group because I'm yet to hear of anyone getting QE to work

you could try setting graphicsenabler=yes and see if it yields any better results but I can't attest to it working for you because it has only worked for my 6870.

rennsport

rennsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

That sucks :D I already have Uakari as the frame buffer and GraphicsEnabled as Yes

Well the holidays are coming up and I think I'm just going to get a new card :P How is the 6970 with the hackintosh. I have heard it is having problems with msaa. How about with QE/CI?

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
yeah I know it really blows to come so close and not able to have it fully working =

and the 6970 works with QE/CI but also lacks QE/CI for a lot of users as well as it isn't fully functional in os x and has other issues relating to sleep, cold boot bug (where the card wouldn't boot from a "cold boot"), and some other issues. In my opinion, unless you want to wait it out until it's fully supported, I'd suggest bumping down to a 6870 if you don't mind so much or just try to wait it out for better support but I wouldn't get it as my main card because of the fact that it isn't fully functional as of yet.

It's your call though in the end renn.

rennsport

rennsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

So many decisions... Well if I were to get a new card I would want the latest and greatest... so I'll wait and see if Netkas pushes out any updates for it from now to the New Year. Thanks for all the help :)

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
yeah it's best to just wait it out atm because  seems to be developing drivers for the not so distant "radeon 7000" aka Tahiti cards so maybe something will come for the 69xx before then as well.

And no problem man always glad to be of assistance :)

rennsport

rennsport

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I can live with my 3 distros of Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, and Arch), 1 mostly working hackintosh, and Windows 7 gaming partition for now :) Thanks again for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy