• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

otacon6530

otacon6530

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
fix sound choppiness... no need for photobooth.

1. Open /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist in text edit
2. add

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>idlehalt=0</string>

3. Save to desktop then drag in to /Extra/ folder and authenticate.

4. Restart

Apparently if you look at Activity monitor you will see that photobooth is using 100% of cpu, that means short battery life and high heat. Follow the steps above to fix it.

TinyHacker

TinyHacker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, there is a question that I have been longing to ask you. I've too been looking to install Snow Leopard on my Gateway NV53 but I really don't know if it's worth it. I'm not so much a noob, but I really have no experience in Hackintoshing. My first concerns are I don't have an actual mac, no external hard-drive to save the Snow Leopard IMG, or DVD's that hold enough space to burn the Snow Leopard IMG onto, I only have a couple of DVD's they are 4.7GB each, and an 8GB Flash Drive. But that's not really the problem, The problem is that I have another computer, it's a Desktop running Windows 7, not Mac. And I have not a Mac to use the Disk Utility. On the Laptop that I wish to Hackintosh I have Windows 7 installed as the primary Operating System, and I wish to keep it and dual boot with Snow Leopard. I want to install Snow Leopard in a way so that I can keep Windows 7 as the primary OS and have Mac OS X to play around with.

I know that you've laid out the instructions on the first page of this topic but I just want to get everything right without bricking my laptop or doing something stupid, I think that getting a customized will serve me better.

Anyways It'd be great if you were to answer me as this is something that I would really love to do.

Thanks in Advanced,

Christian Salas

P.S: Did I mention that I'm 17?

My Specs: Gateway NV53
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 M300 @ 2.00GHz
Ram:3GB DDR2
HDD: 500GB
Screen:15.6" 16:9 LED HD @ 1366x768
Built in Webcam with Mic

BlackAce13

BlackAce13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
First off thanks for the tutorial! I have been looking to do this to my NV53 and its a very good step by step tutorial. Im installing this on NV53 as a full installation and no as a dual boot system.

Unfortunately I ran into a few problems.

1. After installing Snow Leopard and tried installing the mach kernel, Im getting an error that the file is invisible and can't be installed. I tried making the file visible and tried the command below with no luck.

Open Terminal and copy/paste this into it:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE; killall Finder

Then hit Return to execute.

2. After trying to install the kernel I installed chameleon. After installing chameleon and pressing enter to boot OSX the system reboots. I can't make out what the error is but it reboots every time I press enter to boot it. I have to use the EFI disk I made to boot to OSx.

3. I searched the extensions folder and didn't find the Radeon.kext file so I added the file and then ran the kext utility per the tutorial. But I got error saying that it could not be installed. Instead I open the Radeon.kext file with the kext utility and it installed fine. After installing it and rebooting my system I dont have mouse pointer anymore instead I have two pixelated lines as a pointer.

Attached Files

BlackAce13

BlackAce13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Some one any one??????

dan the man with the plan

dan the man with the plan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Some one any one??????

all you need to do is follow that one last step about ....

*27.Run Terminal and copy this into it: sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/RadeonHD.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Find
QUOTE <key>enableHWCursor</key>
<true/>
and change it to
QUOTE <key>enableHWCursor</key>
<false/>
Then run kext utility again to repair the permissions and reboot. You h=should have full res video, and good audio quality with Photo Booth.

Hey I install before, but this time I want to preserve my windows partition...

When I go to add the files to the Snow leo install USB windows can't read it, how do I put the files on?

thanks

bryan51

bryan51

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

fix sound choppiness... no need for photobooth.

1. Open /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist in text edit
2. add

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>idlehalt=0</string>

3. Save to desktop then drag in to /Extra/ folder and authenticate.

4. Restart

Apparently if you look at Activity monitor you will see that photobooth is using 100% of cpu, that means short battery life and high heat. Follow the steps above to fix it.

This did work for me once but not now on 10.6.6
I had tried the photobooth trick but that hadn't worked then. But now that my Photobooth webcam is working this does work.

Gateway NV53: ADM M300CPU
ATIHD4200-working with Dong's kext
Atheros wifi- working
Lan- working, BCM5722D
Webcam-working
Audio-works properly using photobooth otherwise its choppy. Using VoodoHDA

savage24x

savage24x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I know this is a huge bump. So I got everything working and it boots. I installed mach_kernel with OSx86 Tools v1.5. I installed chameleon, then it panicked instantly at boot. So I booted with Empire EFI, v1.085 Experimental and installed myHack. It booted fine. BUT! Now the keyboard does not work. I used the 10.6.3 retail disc I own. So I reinstalled Chameleon on top of myHack, and it boots. I still get the myHack bootloader, but the kexts now work. I have full resolution and all.

The only problem I am having is that I cannot use the Keyboard and TrackPad. Any fixes?

cowymo

cowymo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am very very new to hackintosh. Been reading this forum for a few days now. I own a Gateway NV53 and also decided to dual boot Windows 7 and OS X. There are a few things I need to clarify before proceding.

1. How much HDD space does OS X take? My current HDD is 500G, is 250G enough?
2. How to get rid of the Gateway recovery partition without erasing my existing windows data?
3. I have down loaded the Empire EFI, do I just burn the .iso onto a disk and boot with it?

I have also read from other sites about M u l t i B e a s t , how do I use that or do I have to use that at all?

Thanks in advance. :)

elalan5

elalan5

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Hacking, modifying, anything that has to do with circuits and computers!!! and of co...
Wow, its bee a while since I last looked at this thread! I can't believe so many of you actually own that laptop. Im sorry if I didn't answer questions before. This was partly due to my increase in university homework and other personal reasons ( including a new hackintosh to work with :P) In the coming week I'll update this post to solve many of the problems and probably update it up until Lion as soon as the new legacy kernel comes out. I'm sorry for the delay and so many frustration, and thank all of you guys who helped in my absence n.n

cowymo

cowymo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I also saw from another site that someone actually managed to put 10.6.7 on their NV53.
I am planning to tackle this tomorrow. Hopefully by following what you'd posted will help me through the setup.
I have been a Windows guy for many many years and this is the first time I am in contact with Mac OS. So please bare with me if I ask any stupid questions. Thanks. :)

cowymo

cowymo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I managed to install 10.6.7 onto my NV53 after lots of work.
Now the problem I am encountering is poor battery life. When I was using Windows 7, I can squeeze about 2:30 hours on one single charge. Now with the SL installed, my battery is draining like crazy. Average 1% per 1min!!!

Can anyone help??

dippydan

dippydan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I managed to install 10.6.7 onto my NV53 after lots of work.
Now the problem I am encountering is poor battery life. When I was using Windows 7, I can squeeze about 2:30 hours on one single charge. Now with the SL installed, my battery is draining like crazy. Average 1% per 1min!!!

Can anyone help??

Have you tried the VoodooPState.kext? I also have the NV53 with 10.6.7 and this kext will sucessfully control the power state of the cpu which really helps with batt. life. I am getting a little over two hours with it. While not as good as my Ubuntu install its not bad either.

xvidmaster97x

xvidmaster97x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I need a download for Empire EFI!
I have tried all the ones included and those didn't work :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy