Snow Leopard on a Gateway NV53

elalan5

173 posts in this topic

do u mean Windows Portable programs? Well, it all depends on the program. Linux and Mac OSX can only run Windows programs through an app called Wine. This helps "emulate" the Windows program inside Mac OSX. Theres better support on Linux, but if u "buy" a program called Crossover, everything will work fine. CrossOver is Wine itself, but with improved code and better support for programs, and is more stable than wine itself.

Textmate has to be downloaded seperatley...i think u have to buy it from the website....im not sure

Hi ^^

I am new to this whole hackintosh thing but I have installed normal leopard countless times.

This is my first time not using ideneb so I am a little lost.

I have the exact same specs as you.

I start up Empire EFI [Picture]

I press F5 and it shows my Mac Disk.

I click it and then I get what is in the pics.

Please help me, I need to sell this Laptop by tomorrow.

Thank you Techies ^^

snap_40.jpg

snap_41.jpg

snap_42.jpg

snap_43.jpg

snap_44.jpg

snap_45.jpg

Sorry, i bearly woke up!! (its 6 am over here!!!) Well, from where did u download the Empire EFI? From the first post in this thread? If u did then let me see if i can find an older version for u.... Also, did u just start downloading the stuff yesterday?if u didnt, download Empire EFI again from the first thread

Dude, something else...i wouldnt recommend u putting ur face in internet, specially since ur downloading Snow LEopard....just becareful!!!!

Sorry Guys!!! IM 3Lite, and Vaguedustin..... u have to download a correct version of Empire EFI!!! im sorry, but i hadnt noticed i had uploaded an newer version!! the newer version is harder to get working, so use the easiest and most effective EMpire Efi HERE or download it from the first post, i just updated it

Ok I finally got it working, but there is no Wifi, the keyboard or track pad do not work, the audio touch pad doesn't work and the Ethernet port does not work either. Any ideas?

Oh and I really don't care about my avatar lol.

Also when I said I got it working, I meant regular Leopard.

I don't know what I am doing wrong with snow leopard.

I got the new EMPIRE EFI you linked me too, but now then I put in the disk, there is no disk icon [picture]

Elalan I am guessing your in Cali? Perhaps Washington or Nevada?

Anyways...I don't know what to do DX

That raedon Kext did not work on Leopard and really nothing else works.

I can't trade this laptop like this DX

I'll be awake till I get this done.

And i'll respond to reply's for now on immediately so please help me ^^

snap_46.jpg

The Picture is when I press F5.

The Mac logo is 10.5.8 where nothing works.

I would be happy if I can just get the essential stuff on 10.5.8 Lepoard working.

empire efi is for Snow Leopard!!! Only Snow Leopard!!!! Its not reccomended to install leopard on this computer, because nothing works!!! Just get Snow Leopard and install it with the new Empire EFI i linked u....that should work fine

and about the avatar....if u were to do something illegal, and u had ur face as an avatar, the police could track u down and arrest u and chARGE U FOR PIRACY!! Thats why i told u not to put your face in sites like this!!! and no i live in Texas

Sorry Guys!!! IM 3Lite, and Vaguedustin..... u have to download a correct version of Empire EFI!!! im sorry, but i hadnt noticed i had uploaded an newer version!! the newer version is harder to get working, so use the easiest and most effective EMpire Efi HERE or download it from the first post, i just updated it

hey man how many more of these am i going to have to download? eh? lol, ill download it but i hope its the last, im happy thou that its easier to install this one..

Hey and by the way, The TOPIC is Called "Snow Leopard on Gateway NV53" why would you try and install leopard, lol..

Oh well I live in Texas too xD

Anyways I tried Snow leopard with that Empire EFI and it did not work.

I hit F5 and the Disk Logo Disappears.

Any other Ideas? I have wasted 3 DVD-DL's due to this so its starting to get annoying cause they are expensive!

I will not buy Snow leopard. But I have downloaded 2 retail snow leopard's and both did the same thing when I pressed F5. And this whole site is illegal lol. So again, i really don't care about my Avatar. if they wanted they could just get me IP and find out exactly where I live. So i would love to get Snow Leopard working, but it just doesn't want to work with me.

hey man how many more of these am i going to have to download? eh? lol, ill download it but i hope its the last, im happy thou that its easier to install this one..

Hey and by the way, The TOPIC is Called "Snow Leopard on Gateway NV53" why would you try and install leopard, lol..

I installed Leopard cause Snow Leopard was not working!

But Leopard is useless so now I would just love to get Snow Leopard working.

Why can't this be as simple as his post!?

ok dustin, did u eject the Empire EFi disc then insert the Snow Leopard, THEN press f5? what happens after u press f5?

mmmm i didnt mean to insult u, but ive ome across some very stupid people, so i thought maybe u had done somethingwrong!! my bad!! ahahh

How much time did u wait for the disc to load? i made a snow leo dvd in the morning and that exact samething happened to me....

Are u going to sell the computer with Windows 7,too? if u arent, just burn the snow leo without any type of patch and see if it works like that

Well I am actually quite the techkie too, just not in this field of work.

Now I have waited up too a minute for it and it does the same thing.

If it did the same for you how did you get around it?

"Are u going to sell the computer with Windows 7,too? if u arent, just burn the snow leo without any type of patch and see if it works like that"

What do you mean with out a patch?

I intend to sell it with Windows 7 but I need to reinstall it because the installation {censored}ed up my Windows 7 boot.

So I can do it with out windows 7 for now but I don't know what you mean.

Ok, this makes everything more simple... did u just download snow leopard 10.6 ,burn it to a disc, then boot empire efi? or did u do anything additional? i was asking u if u were going to sell it with Windows 7 because some people need a patch to be able to install Snow LEo and Windows 7 without erasing Windows 7... but since u said u could reinstall it, then just burn Snow Leo 10.6, only 10.6, pop in empire efi, eject, press f5 and it should boot!!!

Another thing...do u have an 8gb usb u could use for this guide? this would make everything way more simple

omg you havent burnt the DVD with the patch files? did you read the tutorial, you have to download the patchfiles and merge them with the DVD iso you have of snow Leo and burn that disc, and thats the one you should be using for the install, if you didnt patch, that would be you problem

IM_3LITE, im sorry to tell u, but those patch files only work with USB method!!! i bearly found that out this morning when i tried installing Snow LEopard on my brothers pc with a patched DVD!!! For some reason, Empire Efi doesn't boot patched DVDs, only 100% retail discs with no patches.....

This may explain why we are having problems!!!! So my reccomendation to you, just buy the 16gb usb flash drive u were going to get, dont spend on dvds

Nope I didn't patch :rolleyes:

Let me do that now.....

I'm gonna jip walmart xD

When I'm done with this, i'm going to take back the DVD-DL's and since these are like a full 8GB you can't tell if they have nothing on them or are full so once this is done i'm just gonna take the DVD's back and get my $20 back XD

I hope this patching works!

Wait....so patching only works for USB?

The why is empire EFI not working with my DVD's!

My dvds are not patched, and they have not been modified!

They are retail. Tell me, that Leopard should I download?

These two people have confirmed are retail and work on real Macs so I guess that is not the problem.

Hi

I had the same probs as you burning numerous different iso's

Heres my solution after 3 days of trying everything

Find snow leopard 10.6.3 retail iso

burn and boot up efi boot disk for amd

remove disk and insert retail iso and wait then f5 and wait then if no boot hit enter and installation starts.

Partition hard drive and pick guid (only this way worked)

when installation finishes it says failed installation just ignore and reboot with efi

select the mac os u just installed.

copy patches as per elan's instructions, you have to enable files visible first then reboot again.

copy files from efi extras folder as per elans guide again and you should have a fully working snow leopard.

i tried every version of patched iso's but the only one that worked was the retail iso untouched.

Hope this helps you and thanks to elan for working with me on this.

Regards

Nope I didn't patch :)

Let me do that now.....

I'm gonna jip walmart xD

When I'm done with this, i'm going to take back the DVD-DL's and since these are like a full 8GB you can't tell if they have nothing on them or are full so once this is done i'm just gonna take the DVD's back and get my $20 back XD

I hope this patching works!

Wait....so patching only works for USB?

The why is empire EFI not working with my DVD's!

My dvds are not patched, and they have not been modified!

They are retail. Tell me, that Leopard should I download?

These two people have confirmed are retail and work on real Macs so I guess that is not the problem.