Snow Leopard on a Gateway NV53

elalan5

173 posts in this topic

NO, WTF F12 doesnt wokr?

i burnt the ISO with DVD decrypter, WTF ?

i told you to burn it with imgburn my friend!!! haahhah

edit....

my bad, the empire efi i uploaded is corrupted!!! ahaha download a working one HERE

mcspcs:are u having trouble with my guide? ive noticed u been in here for a long time!! ahah

edit....

my bad, the empire efi i uploaded is corrupted!!! ahaha download a working one HERE

mcspcs:are u having trouble with my guide? ive noticed u been in here for a long time!! ahah

You're the best elalan5!

I guess you can still patch with the combo update but yeah, I've had some problems with that.

I also noticed, there is no battery icon?

And when you close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when you open it, the screen is just blank.

Just some observations.

Other than these, and the constantly open photo booth, everything's savvy. This thread rocks

edit....

You're the best elalan5!

I guess you can still patch with the combo update but yeah, I've had some problems with that.

And when you close the lid, it goes to sleep, but when you open it, the screen is just blank.

Just some observations.

Other than these, and the constantly open photo booth, everything's savvy. This thread rocks

You're the best elalan5!

Just some observations.

You're the best elalan5!

Just some observations.

yeah, theres some problems, its not perfect...but the battery icon..... that happens because u installed snow leo while it was connected to the charger...if u install it while it runs on the battery, the icon will show up!!

i know!! ahah verly found that out today, when i reinstalled my mac partition.

sweet gotts keep that in mind when i do mine

**edit

OK so to those who are wondering i got it to boot empire efi(the new one) and the reason it wasnt booting before, is because you have to hit F2 and make sure the F12 boot manu is enabled.

sweet gotts keep that in mind when i do mine

**edit

OK so to those who are wondering i got it to boot empire efi(the new one) and the reason it wasnt booting before, is because you have to hit F2 and make sure the F12 boot manu is enabled.

woow f2? i guess ur laptop is kind of weird.....in what part do u have to press f2

well, to get into the BISO setup you have to hit F2 thats all. Then in the BISO enable F12 Boot Menu, and then next time you boot up you can hIT F12 to boot for empire EFi, thats all, my F12 boot menu wasnt enabled

oh!!!! u should have explained that before!!!! ahahahh i thought u had to press f2 after f12!! ahahah ok now let just wiat for u to get ur supplies...and i added u to the first post thanking u for all ur questions, check it out.

yeah i got it working so im happy, im just pissed off at rogers for this crappy 20gb limit of bandwidth, and just my luck everyone in the neighbour hood secures their routers,lol

other than that, when i booted up empire efi, it have the logo empire efi instead of the darth vader, is that how the new ones supposed to be?

also how'd you install, go?

yeah i got it working so im happy, im just pissed off at rogers for this crappy 20gb limit of bandwidth, and just my luck everyone in the neighbour hood secures their routers,lol

other than that, when i booted up empire efi, it have the logo empire efi instead of the darth vader, is that how the new ones supposed to be?

also how'd you install, go?

yeah, thasts a newer version my friend!! ahhaha and by the way, the installation was very easy since i have a macbook, so i didnt use windows at all for the patching and stuff!! ahahha and now i have a Storm Trooper Empire EFI boot loader!! Wooot!!

yeah, thasts a newer version my friend!! ahhaha and by the way, the installation was very easy since i have a macbook, so i didnt use windows at all for the patching and stuff!! ahahha and now i have a Storm Trooper Empire EFI boot loader!! Wooot!!

yeah thats not hard to change the background, just change the picture before you burn the disc.lol even i know that lol

yeah thats not hard to change the background, just change the picture before you burn the disc.lol even i know that lol

no but i mean empire efi boot loader without the cd, its like chameleon, but with the empire efi features and themes.

How were you able to change the boot background from the MyHack bootloader? I still got the snow leopard and the takes the isuck in ihack screens. Were you able to change those?

Also, what happens if you don't apply the AMD kernel patch?

How were you able to change the boot background from the MyHack bootloader? I still got the snow leopard and the takes the isuck in ihack screens. Were you able to change those?

Also, what happens if you don't apply the AMD kernel patch?

i didnt apply myhack, i used the chameleon r2 install, and that automatically applies the Storm trooper background, and, is your snow leo working without Empire efi inside? if its not...thtas wat the amd patch is for....when ur using upgrading to 10.6.2, you need a new kernel to be able to run Snow leo on AMD...thats wat the patch is for

hey quick question, while im looking at my computer, how much did you guys partition off? i have 100GB free space so i was thingking make it 50GB then ill have 50gb to play around with between windows and snow leo, and i already have all the files i need on the windows disc so im thinking the disc wont be used more than that, just tossing that up ther, i thought 50gb would be a good partition...

well, i only used 20gb..... that was enough for almost everything(ilife, iwork) since it already includes itunes, and mostly everything that is needed...

That should be enough for everything u need, theres something else i forgot to mention.... Front Row will not work in this computer since our video card doesn't support Quartz Extreme.....u wont be able to use imovie either, since it requires Quartz Extreme also.

i havent tried photoshop on mac, or textmate,..but ive tried iweb and it is pretty good!! aahhah yeah, im not much of a web disgner, i prefer using GIMP for graphic design