Snow Leopard on a Gateway NV53

elalan5

173 posts in this topic

Hi

I had the same probs as you burning numerous different iso's

Heres my solution after 3 days of trying everything

Find snow leopard 10.6.3 retail iso

burn and boot up efi boot disk for amd

remove disk and insert retail iso and wait then f5 and wait then if no boot hit enter and installation starts.

Partition hard drive and pick guid (only this way worked)

when installation finishes it says failed installation just ignore and reboot with efi

select the mac os u just installed.

copy patches as per elan's instructions, you have to enable files visible first then reboot again.

copy files from efi extras folder as per elans guide again and you should have a fully working snow leopard.

i tried every version of patched iso's but the only one that worked was the retail iso untouched.

Hope this helps you and thanks to elan for working with me on this.

Regards

thanks mcspcs....Dustin...did u try the usb way already as i told u?

im 3lite, u can just restore the iso without burning it to a dvd, u just have to have it on one of the partitions in the computer

sorry!! ahahh yeah u were right!! i was thinking u had a mac to do it!! im sorry...yeah just burn and restore it to the usb!

you have to make sure you use the old efi disk and not the new one with stretched graphics and black background.

i encountered the same errors using the new one

God {censored} this stupid laptop xD

It's not worth all this stress.

So I guess that's it....

I'm done.

you have to make sure you use the old efi disk and not the new one with stretched graphics and black background.

i encountered the same errors using the new one

Ok dude listen, I for one am not stupid.

I am a computer Technion.

I know what I am doing.

I worked on this for 24 hours strait, no sleep, just work.

Saying stupid and obvious stuff is not moving this train along.

jrobinson...the wifi should work out-of the box in snow leopard!!! tell me how u isntalled Snow LEopard in urs...

Hey Dude

Take a chill pill, just trying to help you out.

Its frustrating i know but sometimes its something really obvious that you have overlooked.

are you installing to a clean partition ? or do you have windows already installed.

i found most of my probs were because i was trying to install on a partition with windows already on.

i completely wiped the hard drive and used the whole drive formatted with guid then installed snow leopard, installed kexts etc then when i was happy i made a partition from mac os and rebooted with windows 7 disk.

once windows was installed i installed easybcd and selected the mac partition as mbr along with windows.

and i now have a dual booting laptop with no mac crashes.

Regards

Darren

Ok dude listen, I for one am not stupid.

I am a computer Technion.

I know what I am doing.

I worked on this for 24 hours strait, no sleep, just work.

Saying stupid and obvious stuff is not moving this train along.

Hey Dude

Its frustrating i know but sometimes its something really obvious that you have overlooked.

are you installing to a clean partition ? or do you have windows already installed.

i found most of my probs were because i was trying to install on a partition with windows already on.

i completely wiped the hard drive and used the whole drive formatted with guid then installed snow leopard, installed kexts etc then when i was happy i made a partition from mac os and rebooted with windows 7 disk.

once windows was installed i installed easybcd and selected the mac partition as mbr along with windows.

Regards

Darren

Hey Dude

Regards

Darren

Yeah I know, I'm sorry.

I did wipe the HDD completely and try that.

Same {censored}.

But stop, IDK how far you think I got it, but I never even got to the Snow Leopard install screen.

Any news if there's a better audio kext for the conexant? The photo booth fix is just annoying. And the screen saver and some animations are still choppy.

Until then, I don't think having mac as the primary OS in the Gateway NV53 is a good idea.