You're maybe right but, that's not what i've done! I downloaded the package from the first post, extracted the ./postinstall scripts and...
Do i need to explain more?
If someone posted anything designed for Leo, wasn't me!
p.s.: @bs0d, i reacted like if you were mocking at my comment; if that's not the case, sorry
By the way, i don't have nothing against installers and there's nothing wrong in posting stuff designed for Leo, just as long as you know you're doing it and you mention it. Installers are supposed to easy life, not complicate it!
Anyway, to be constructive, removing the --arch option on the ditto line should make the package work fine for the arch you're booted on.
Just keep in mind "mkextunpack" only extracts one arch at a time, the one in use. And this option --noextattr, also needs --norsrc, according to "man ditto".
Hi Azimtuz. And bs0d.
Nicely analyzed my input on the mkext unpack routine of the ./postflight install script, and the way the mkextunpack works.
I don't know why it does the way it does things. Guess, I'd have to take up C and Shell programming/scripting again!
Sigh! Btw, I just gave my Structured Languages Exam yesterday, and C and OOPs is a tough boy!
Anyways... Greetings valv
. How're you?
More updates and feedback that I'd promised as my exams were done with
As I currently use the following .mkext
rebuild script from my root login, whenever trying out new implementations.
chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/chown -Rf root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/chmod -Rf 755 /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/chown -Rf 0:0 /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/chown -Rf root:wheel /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/chmod -Rf 755 /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Snow/Extra/Extensions/
This way, I've both the .mkext files packing in i386 (32 bit) and x86_64 (64 bit) KEXTs packed together, the installer rebuild script could have
messed up things.
And, as we all know, SnowLeo is very very eccentrically finicky about kexts and plists and other stuff that loads.
That is why, I have refrained from Speed-Stepping etc etc etc. even though, BlackCH, DB1, MasterChief have a thread that has almost achieved perfection on the ASUS P5K-VM motherboard.
Well, I used to envy other people having the GigaByte UD3 P35 chipset series... I still can't remember the entire mobo model numbers... Till, these gurus made amazing progress on my mobo model.
So to summarize (for those experiencing the same problems faced by me), the way I fixed the non-bootable issue as under:
1] Booted to Leopard in root login. Replaced with older Chameleon RC3 RC 658
(I think that is the revision or release number) boot file, using terminal commands as posted above by Milanca.
Though, recently I'd replaced that with this newer PC-EFI 10.6 boot file :
6 downloads The PC-EFI 10.6 boot Installer
2] Had to delete the unpacked kexts in /Extra/Extensions.
3] Replaced all of them, from a backup I keep as /Extra/Xtnsns/*.kext -> fakesmc, platformuuid, Realtek8139, Yukon2, OHR.kext, RestartOSX.kext, etc. among few others.
4] Rebooted to SnowLeo using arch=i386 -x32 -f -v flags. Go to login, went to root login. used the kext rebuild commands said as above.
3] Rebooted couple of times, tested using GeekBench and XBench. Browsers, uTorrent, etc.
4] Simply backed up the RC 658 "boot" file by command: cp boot boot.658
5] Then went old school, used terminal command to simply copy the newer "boot" file to /Volumes/Snow/
6] I Didn't write the Newer
boot1h and boot0 files to HDD header.
I don't know what they do or are they even required... Silly me!
7] Edited the com.apple.Boot.plist file as suggested by valv for the DSDT, HPET, GraphicsEnabler, UHCIReset, EHCIRequire flags.
8] Voila! New bootloader (with the basic Chameleon boot screen
] with scores of lines as output.
Several failures in loading XXXX.aml files by bootloader. I think it couldn't read the ACPI tables from my motherboard, or I don't know too much into it.
Or maybe I need to remove the DSDT.aml file in /Extra/ folder and see how it goes.
Or as suggested by valv, try removing the PlatformUUID.kext and see if SL does boot or not.
Well, that's what I've been able to do yet so far. Today, I'll be into trying tons of stuff, and keep on with the updates.
I'm a free bird! Yay!
And, yeah... valv now I'm a "geek"
... Finally...my 100 posts!
after 5 years! Ha ha ha!
I'll count on you, thanks
that's the way we grow things up over here
AnyTime, buddy. Anytime!
I like to move it, move it.... Lolz! Move towards progress... Perfection and Refinement.
By the way, in my own guide, I've just been lenient about posting the Time difference issue fix.
It is the most simplest thing ever, trust me! There is no need to run commands etc. Nothing! Nada!
All Credits to guru BlackCH... and his xXx 10.5.6 Universal Discs. I've almost all of 'em.
From his 10.5.6 install disc, I simply extracted the "Loacal Time Toggle" package (that is not a typo... the service daemon is named as such), using Pacifist and installed it. Kablaaam!.. Problem dismissed!
Here it is:
Loacal time toggle installer package ->
Simply run the package, and the time issue should be fixed!
I've been doing that as first thing since I had started experimenting Snow Leopard installations.
Till next time, Happy Hacking!