• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

will1384

will1384

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Yes, and it's usually clean-wipe, or voodoo registry editing. Guess that none is user friendly: the first one, because none of average Joe Users does backups, and the second one, because editing the registry is far from intuitive and documented.

I never had to do that to solve my problems, LOL

From which I can only conclude that you do quite a poor job at maintaining all three of them...

No Windows, Linux and OS X might crash once every few months

When I use Windows, even without an antivirus package, I just somehow manage to not infect it with malware (though the last time when I did it profesionally was in 2008). I still don't know what I did wrong.

Using Windows unprotected is likely your problem

Right, you find your system screwed. One piece of software works but another is broken. And you have no certainty in DLL load order, no LD_LIBRARY_PATH, no chroot, no nothing to prevent the screwup — except maybe a virtual machine which is an overkill most of the time.

I often install over 100 pieces of software on Windows, a lot of it freeware, never any problems

You hate Windows, and are exaggerating things to prove your point :rolleyes:

Snerler

Snerler

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
"For Windows XP, you actually have to go to the registry and find some specific string. For Windows Vista/7, you need to go to the command line and type in 'control userpasswords2'.

Those solutions work, but neither are common sense, nor too easy."

:) :D :D :D

This is great. While i agree this is a design flaw in windows, its just funny that a pro-linux article is complaining about having to use the command line.

Hangten

Hangten

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Umm, my rotation isn't working in Linux correctly. Both monitors have to be rotated they aren't independent. AMD RADEON drivers seem to be the likely culprit. Maybe other cards have better support but I am really not interested in looking it up.

NOT READY in my situation. Back to OS X, ah works more favorably in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy