What is the one true faith (or lack thereof)?

Which is the one true faith (or lack thereof)?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the one true faith (or lack thereof)?

• Atheism
    • Christianity
    • Buddhism
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Taoism
    • Shinto
    • Agnosticism
    • Zoroastrianism
    • Scientology
    • Mormonism
    • Sikhism
    • Jainism
    • Judaism
    • Jedi

448 posts in this topic

What's so rolling on the floor laughing out loud funny?

It was the sarcastic tone of the Munky's comment that i found funny - not the comment itself. (The answer i would give as a christian is that the Crucifiction of Jesus was not "the Jew's fault" but rather God's plan for the redemption of all of humanity who until that point were condemned by sin. In that sense you and i are equally to blame for the death of christ as any jew.)

I added Judaism now - so nobody need feel left out! Should Jedi be added?

I find it funny that Judiasm, which is the basis for many of the religions in the poll, is not even listed in the poll. Talk about biased... :happymac:

Oh {censored}, im sorry, I knew I was forgetting something, GAH! I remember Jainism and Zorroastrianism, but wheres my head on judaism heheh

I find the current poll results interesting. I voted atheist, although since I'm really awaiting proof either way I suppose I should have voted agnostic. I just thought I would share this definition on wikipedia:

"Occam's Razor - In reference to religion

"In the philosophy of religion, Occam's razor is sometimes applied to the existence of God; if the concept of God does not help to explain the universe, it is argued, God is irrelevant and should be cut away (Schmitt 2005). While Occam's razor cannot prove God's nonexistence, it does imply that, in the absence of compelling reasons to believe in God, unbelief should be preferred."

the jews insisted. yeah.

I believe this is called the 'Mob Mentality' as psycolagist would call it.

http://biblestudies.stores.yahoo.net/remobme.html

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1494120

Maybe even the percentages in the above poll explains this theory better. :wallbash:

Should Jedi be added?

For humor's sake. Yea. Add it. <_<

What about us Satanists? :blink:

I think all the stories in religous texts have been warped overtime. A lot of the sotries in the bible where spreading by word-of-mouth, Untill years later when they where finally written down on paper.

With the story of when jebus made the water in the sea or a river or whatever split to make a path for them to get across, this could have easily just been exadurated over time. It was probably just that they got there, waited for low tide then crossed. Then everybody claims it was an act of god.

If there is a god, he'd shut down this forum right now because it's filled with pirates using illegal software.

Yeah, you guessed it. I voted Atheist.

religion is a private thing and nothing pisses me off more than other people trying to force their beliefs on me. It doesn't matter if it's some {censored} trying to hand me a bible walking through campus or GW Bush (an 8 year mistake for the world) talking about god , it should be kept private.

You don't have to go to the middle east to see religious fundamentalism. Go into a southern state in the US and find some locals. Bible beaters left and right. Odd that it's always red states that hold on to religion so much but I don't want to start a political debate in what is already a volatile topic.

@gwprod12 - Satanism is a very interesting "religion" (probably more of a cult though). I have the satanic bible as a pdf.

Despite the fact it says "Hail Satan" several times throughout the satanic bible, Satanists actually believe that satan is just a metophorical thingy or something... :S and thats he is not a living being.

Kinda odd that you'd worship something that you dont believe exists.

It's also a good religion to follow if you think other religions are wrong or hypocrites, etc. I don't necesarilly think Christianity is false, but I don't aprove how the followers have behaved, etc. and how they have only included stuff that will give people a good impressions of jesus, leaving out the truth.

I think the christians have made the worst impression of all on people's view of jesus. He was a great guy, or according to everybody he was, but people are getting way to hung up on Him, rather than the message he was trying to convey, Jesus never said he was the son of god, other people put that title on him, some stuff that was taken out of the bible helps explain a lot, like the gnostic gospels, it adds a mystical sense to christianity that is all but gone after people have edited it sufficently. Anyway, I agree with Kernalzero, I really do think religion is a private thing, it really is stupid when people are trying to convert you everywhere you go, as if its their business how you choose to worship or not worship.

What pisses me off is when political leaders favor one religion over another and make decisions that only favor that religion (*cough George W Bush *Cough)

What pisses me off is when political leaders favor one religion over another and make decisions that only favor that religion (*cough George W Bush *Cough)

This is one thing I can't stand, and have to say something about it. Bush is a bi0tch. Bush is NOT a christian, and in no way represents chrstianity. If you want to know who represents my thoughts, you can look into Billy Grahm, and Franklin Grahm. Both of which are good leaders.

I don't like Bush. I in fact hate the man, and everything he stands for. He does not stand for God, and is a delusional {censored} that likes to make excuses. I have absolutely NOTHING to do with the right wing philosophy that the idiots around him follow. People that follow Bush are the same idiots the surcume to the Nazi propoganda. Bush is a facist Nazi. There is no doubt in my mind about that. He is a man who craves power, and will use any guise he can to get votes, and gain the support of his delusional followers.

And I say this one last time. BUSH IN NO WAY IS A CHRISTIAN, OR REPRESENTS CHRISTIANITY. Please do not associate Bush with any religion but that of greed. A man who aims M18 assult rifles at protesters is treasonist swine terrorist, not a christian.

I voted for Nadar.

True, OryHara. I'm not Christian and I think Bush is a tool. But, it is rather obvious to me that his administration isn't really Christian. They are just using that to get that portion of the populace to vote for them. Hate seems to work well (Christians using hate speech is another matter...doesn't sound like a "WWJD do" moment to me).

Hate seems to work well (Christians using hate speech is another matter...doesn't sound like a "WWJD do" moment to me).

Sometimes obsessionable hate is the only thing that keeps us alive. My faith as well to make a difference, and drive me into the next day in hopes that I can witness even the most insignificant change in the right direction. Like Net Neutrality. We all have to battle our own demons day to day.

didn't hitler use christianity as a guise to wipe out the jews, gypsies, blacks, etc? I think we can all agree Bush is a tool like cyrana said and that the masses in this country are being led astray. Bush said one time that god speaks to him, he said it in a press conference if I remember correctly...that is insanity!!! All of this {censored} comes about right before elections to try and swing votes abusing peoples default conscious...religion. all those people who can't make a choice themselves say WWJD and have little jebus fishies on their cars.

Oryhara, are you talking about Billy Graham the evangelist?

Bush said one time that god speaks to him, he said it in a press conference if I remember correctly...that is insanity!!!

82% of americans would probably disagree with you there, although i suppose that begs the question are 82% of americans insane...:whistle:

the exsistence of ourselves, and the finest details in every aspect of the universe along with earth,

life and death, all prove that there is one power (one God) behind life, the Reality behind all appearances

How? Just magically? I love it when people say "oh look the world is amazing, therefore it is from one god" it really doesnt prove anything, and that statement is invalid, I feel sorry for scientists, they have to go through a rigorous peer review to prove even the most simple things that are almost common sense, but the religious person just has to point and say "oh look, its amazing, therefore it leads to one god" without even looking for an alternative explanation.

its like saying A is B, therefore A is C. And you cant make that jump...

Also, over 80% of americans arent crazy...theyre just stupid, and ignorant...and yeah, cant make decisions for themselves, thats why people are religious in the first place anyway right? They need a specific purpose? Ah, sorry I get worked up sometimes heheh

How? Just magically? I love it when people say "oh look the world is amazing, therefore it is from one god" it really doesnt prove anything, and that statement is invalid, I feel sorry for scientists, they have to go through a rigorous peer review to prove even the most simple things that are almost common sense, but the religious person just has to point and say "oh look, its amazing, therefore it leads to one god" without even looking for an alternative explanation.

common sense, all the simple things, couldn't just come out of nowhere, there must be an explanation on why we are alive, and why we die and not live forever ..