What is the one true faith (or lack thereof)?

Which is the one true faith (or lack thereof)?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the one true faith (or lack thereof)?

• Atheism
    • Christianity
    • Buddhism
    • Islam
    • Hindu
    • Taoism
    • Shinto
    • Agnosticism
    • Zoroastrianism
    • Scientology
    • Mormonism
    • Sikhism
    • Jainism
    • Judaism
    • Jedi

448 posts in this topic

Plus, there is always the issue of if the Government should protect someone from themself. Of course, this issue is really another topic entirely, but it does bring up a relatively good point.

See, I don't think the government should protect you from yourself, you should be allowed to f*** up big time and learn from your mistakes (I'm not talking about crazies, they don't really have a choice) other than that, if one is choosing to mess themselves up, let them do it, the government shouldn't have any say in that...I mean, they can warn you, but when it goes beyond that, its just...eh.....

• 4 weeks later...

At the Jedi Temple, we're already discussing to rename the temple as Jedi Church. :D May the Force be with you.

I believe in scientology. I still believe there is a god but I don't think there was any of this creating and such. I'm catholic, but I'm not very religious (no church on Sunday for me)

I've always found it interesting that people think the bible says that the earth is flat. It doesn't. Prove that it does - SPECIFIC VERSES PLEASE.

PS. Don't pull the four-corners argument. The four corners is a translation from the four cardinal directions, N, S, E and W.

As far as I know, the bible doesnt say that the earth is flat, since the bible deals with such a small region that it hardly matters what shape the earth has. LOL. Though the idea that the bible specifies that the earth is flat is illustrative of ignorance of the bible in general, especially among bible-believers. On many occasions, I have heard it said that the bible says something specific when I'm fairly certain that it doesnt.

Edited by gwprod12

I find it hard to believe that the bible refers to the earth as spherical.

The Quran refers to the earth as spherical and establishes the earth's motion. The bible, while not explicitly saying the shape of the earth, does make reference to the earth being immovable. How is this possible? Simple, the authors of the old testament were ignorant of the motions of the earth and it's shape, whereas the authors of the Quran were somewhat familiar with the greek and egyptian notions of a spherical earth in motion.

I guess the point is that if any rational person were to look at either of these texts and apply reason to them, they would find that neither is even remotely perspicatious. The intellectual dishonesty of religion would compel most Christians, Jews or Muslims to see a passage in their respective texts, an example which might be "The earth is a flat sheet of land and the sun is a lamp held far above it", and twist and turn reality until they coincide. It cant be done in any real sense, and just cheapens the entire idea of religion.

Whats really ironic about religions is that most of them have the immpression that they alone are on the right path, and they alone will be rewarded in some mystical hereafter. Everyone else goes to hell. :D

If every group believes that, and only one group is right... we are in some deep $#!t

There are several thousand religious denominations, most of which believe that their specific denomination is the only one that's not going to hell. (or whatever). The whole idea is so silly. And the biggest scam ever perpetrated. Let's all just realize that death is the end, and live the best we can while we can =]

• 2 weeks later...