[HowTo] Update to 10.4.7 from 10.4.6 (Intel ONLY)

Korrupted

256 posts in this topic

**NOTE: THIS IS FOR INTEL PROCESSORS ONLY CURRENTLY. ALSO YOU CAN **ONLY** UPDATE FROM 10.4.6. THIS IS JUST THE INTEL UPDATE, NOT THE COMBO UPDATE.**

Credit goes to JaS, for his excellent work on this release.

It's simple.

1. Download the updater from demonoid.com(do NOT post links here).

2. Run the installer.

3. Repair permissions(with disk utility in /applications/utilities, or through terminal[diskutil repairpermissions /]).

4. sudo update_prebinding -root / -force

5. reboot.

What's in this update?

1. The essential files to upgrade from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7

2. Semjaza's decrypts(finder, etc)

3. 10.4.7 Frameworks

What's *not* in this update?

1. AMD Support

2. 10.4.7 Kexts(get those from apple, lazy people :) )

yeah, wish that'd been in the torrent package alas, installed it on my AMD system before this thread had the intel only mention in it and hosed my OSX install. Oh well, needed to repartition anyway.

edit: meant to post that in the main 10.4.7 thread as this one obviously does say intel only. sorry bout that :)

I already have all of my graphics (w/ QE), sound, and network drivers set up and working in 10.4.6. Will updating using your guide mess any of that up?

Kexts are not included in this release, so no, none of your settings should be affected.

Okay, I'll install this in 10 minutes (my pop tarts are ready) and see how it goes.

Btw, I love how this community is so on top of things; on the day of release there is already a hacked torrent available and a short tutorial to go along with it. And there are people up at 2:30am to respond to your replies in seconds...

yeah thanks a lot again!!!

I successfully installed 10.4.7

then i installed all Extensions from the Original Update with Parcifist.

No crash! But again no sound and no QE/CI so i have to replace the 10.4.7 with 10.4.6/10.4.3 kext

so you can savely install the Extensions but you have to replace/repatch the onece you need.

btw Xbench score went from 110.x to 112 with old 10.4.6 kexts :D

kexts? Since when did it ever make a difference which version kexts we use? Maybe the you mean kernel. Our ATI, nVidia, audio, wifi kexts will never be enhanced by Apple as long as we work on a hacked OS. It will always be hacked and kexts never be geared to users like us unless devs make it so.