• Please log in to reply
677 replies to this topic

foodbardbadz

foodbardbadz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes, the binary is downloadable from the link. If you need the source, you will have to use subversion to extract r19.
If 1.3.10 works, I will investigate the timing issues.

I built and tested SVN r19 last night. Unfortunately, at least for those with my specific likely hardware-related issues, it did not behave differently. It still did not receive DHCP or any packets upon first boot, but began working properly after resuming from sleep. In related news, I now have a new $18 Marvell based card, and a spare Intel card for a different machine. ;)

On the bright side, hopefully this means that any recent changes in the driver only solved old problems and did not create new ones.

Even if it didn't work out for me, I (and I'm sure many others) appreciate your port as well as your engagement on the forums. Thanks!

xbb

xbb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
About my kernel panic, that was a weird issue if you recall. Anyway could it be a conflict with USB?
I actually tried to remove my usb keyboard when booting at it was booting fine! When it was connected instead I had the panic again at first boot.
Now I moved it on another port and no panics so far

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

About my kernel panic, that was a weird issue if you recall. Anyway could it be a conflict with USB?
I actually tried to remove my usb keyboard when booting at it was booting fine! When it was connected instead I had the panic again at first boot.
Now I moved it on another port and no panics so far

IRQ conflict ? Though I doubt changing USB port causes IRQ assignment to USB.
An IOKit driver doesn't request explicit IRQ mapping but lets the system do it.

It's good that your problems has been solved, anyway.

stephanst

stephanst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is anyone able to get the Intel 82579V (VEN: 8086 DEV: 1503) working under Lion?

I get no IP through DHCP but the LEDs are active at the Laptop (HP ProBook 6460b).

Thanks Stephan

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Is anyone able to get the Intel 82579V (VEN: 8086 DEV: 1503) working under Lion?

I get no IP through DHCP but the LEDs are active at the Laptop (HP ProBook 6460b).

Thanks Stephan

It is used in my system (dh67cf) and working.

stephanst

stephanst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

I've a HP ProBook 6460b with DSDT loaded and Chimera v1.4.1 r887.
For network I've just installed the newest kext (1.3.17).

Can you help me (maybe via pn) to figure out what goes wrong?
Thank you

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Hi,

I've a HP ProBook 6460b with DSDT loaded and Chimera v1.4.1 r887.
For network I've just installed the newest kext (1.3.17).

Can you help me (maybe via pn) to figure out what goes wrong?
Thank you

Unfortunately, I cannot be of much help, until I reproduce the same problem.
Please read my previous thread with foodbardbadz.

stephanst

stephanst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi,

it is now working for me. I tried it today in the office in the dockingstation and after renewing lease (dhcp) I got an ip and could surf the first time with my hackintosh.

So Intel 82579V in ProBook 6460b is working.

Thanks a lot

waha

waha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I've got a 10D3 working (mostly) perfect in my Hackintosh using the latest version of your driver. Speeds are very good over LAN with AFP (about 200mbit higher than my old Realtek), but if I put a lot of pressure on the network the driver totally dies until I force dismount the AFP share. No kernel panics though.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I've got a 10D3 working (mostly) perfect in my Hackintosh using the latest version of your driver. Speeds are very good over LAN with AFP (about 200mbit higher than my old Realtek), but if I put a lot of pressure on the network the driver totally dies until I force dismount the AFP share. No kernel panics though.

Does it start working again after AFP volume unmounting ?
If so, it does not sound like a driver problem.
Will you check if the same problem is reprodcued using different protocosl, such as SMB or FTP ?

Kris404

Kris404

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hnak, worked fine on the official Apple Dual Gigabit Ethernet Card under Lion modifying the ID to 0x10f68086.

Had issues using Intel82574L.kext (card gets recognized but dies on activity)

Is 'Link Aggregation' using LACP supported by this driver?

Thanks,

Kris

waha

waha

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Does it start working again after AFP volume unmounting ?
If so, it does not sound like a driver problem.
Will you check if the same problem is reprodcued using different protocosl, such as SMB or FTP ?

It starts working when the AFP connection times out and I can force unmount it. I don't think it's related to AFP though since all network traffic dies, can't even ping other machines on my local network. But I'll do the same test with SMB and see what happens -- unsure if it'll trigger it though as SMB doesn't perform nearly as well as AFP for me (30-40mb/sec vs. 70-80mb/sec with AFP)

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

hnak, worked fine on the official Apple Dual Gigabit Ethernet Card under Lion modifying the ID to 0x10f68086.

Had issues using Intel82574L.kext (card gets recognized but dies on activity)

Is 'Link Aggregation' using LACP supported by this driver?

Thanks,

Kris

As I have never tried link aggregation, no idea.

I don't know any methods specifically defined for link aggregation in IOKit, though it may exist.
If Network preference panel allows activating aggregation, it is supported by an upper layer. Just try and see what happens.

It starts working when the AFP connection times out and I can force unmount it. I don't think it's related to AFP though since all network traffic dies, can't even ping other machines on my local network. But I'll do the same test with SMB and see what happens -- unsure if it'll trigger it though as SMB doesn't perform nearly as well as AFP for me (30-40mb/sec vs. 70-80mb/sec with AFP)

I guess the driver's output buffer becomes full when networking stalls. In the case, any outgoing packets are discarded - so even ping does not work. I suspect AFP repeatedly tries to send many small packets in the case.
You can use Network Utility to check if the counts of in/out/error packets change.

If so, as the number of buffer is hard-coded (256, probably) , there is no solution to the problem unless you change the value in the source and built the driver.

Kris404

Kris404

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

As I have never tried link aggregation, no idea.

I don't know any methods specifically defined for link aggregation in IOKit, though it may exist.
If Network preference panel allows activating aggregation, it is supported by an upper layer. Just try and see what happens.

Woohoo!! Bonding works too and with 9K Jumbo frames no less. :)

Of course you need to create a 'Link Aggregation Group (LAG)' and enable 'Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)' on the Switch supporting these features (Mine is Netgear GS108T Smart Switch)

This is just the perfect setup I was looking for to stream from and backup to my Synology DS 509+ NAS (also on another LAG).

Thanks hnak.

Kris

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_09_11_at_1.13.34_AM.png   85.44KB   64 downloads

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Good !
I can tell that it works when I am asked by someone, too.

marmotta

marmotta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
The driver work with my intel onboard 82579 (asus p8z68 vpro - lion) but i have two problems...

In the preferences the jumbo frames is not present and the max mtu is 1500, i solved this issue with the command "sudo ifconfig en0 mtu 9000" and this is, is SOLVED ;)

The other problem is WOL (Wake On Lan) i need this feature.... in pref panel is not present and ifconfig or pmset not help me :( i think is necessary to use ethtool but i not able to compile this command in osx!

Other solutions?

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

The driver work with my intel onboard 82579 (asus p8z68 vpro - lion) but i have two problems...

In the preferences the jumbo frames is not present and the max mtu is 1500, i solved this issue with the command "sudo ifconfig en0 mtu 9000" and this is, is SOLVED :)

The other problem is WOL (Wake On Lan) i need this feature.... in pref panel is not present and ifconfig or pmset not help me ;) i think is necessary to use ethtool but i not able to compile this command in osx!

Other solutions?

It sounds strange that mtu cannot be set in Network preference panel, if you select "manual" settings.

WOL can be set in the Energy Saver preference panel if NIC supports it.
As I do not use it personally, I have never cared about it.
It should be simple to enable WOL ( just not to shutdown phy ), I will take a look when I have time.
As WOL also depends on S-state, it may require AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to work properly.

marmotta

marmotta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
My PowerManagement is ok, with pci board rtl8169 and native driver i have Wol in the Energy Saver preference panel, and it work. With onboard intel 82579 i not have the option... is a driver problem, in seven and in linux the wol is ok

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

My PowerManagement is ok, with pci board rtl8169 and native driver i have Wol in the Energy Saver preference panel, and it work. With onboard intel 82579 i not have the option... is a driver problem, in seven and in linux the wol is ok

I updated the code base to 1.6.2.
It is WOL-enabled, at least Energy Saver shows the option.
Though I do not succeed in waking up my PC, it may be because I use NullCPUPowerManagement to avoid KP.

marmotta

marmotta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thank's for the new kext! Work good and is slightly faster than the old version (100+ mb/sec with afp) but the wol not work... now i have two board in my mackintosh (8169 pci, 82579 onboard) when my lion go in sleep mode the rtl8169 stay on, 82579 is powered off :)

P.S. With the original e1000e kernel modules (in linux) and 82579 chip onboard, the wol go without problems and when i turn off (or sleep) the pc, the network stay on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy