AppleIntelE1000e.kext for 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5

hnak

751 posts in this topic

I have tried this over and over again on 10.5.7, but still not working... Any help? ID 0x10EA8086, Intel 82577LM.

Is the driver loaded successfully ?

Will you check number of input/output packets using Network Utility app ?

Hi, I'm currently using the kext from ktbos and it's working ok except I can't set jumbo frames.

I've tried your kext, It does let me set the frames but actually It's not working with my card (82574L PCI-E, device id 0x10d3). It is detected and I can set all the network parameters but I cannot ping anything.

Any advice? Thanks!

I confirmed that. I will check the code.

Is the driver loaded successfully ?

Will you check number of input/output packets using Network Utility app ?

The driver loads and I get DHCP IP, but when I plug my Cable, it doesn't connect and no Server is found. One time it gave me Kernel Panic. :)

The driver loads and I get DHCP IP, but when I plug my Cable, it doesn't connect and no Server is found. One time it gave me Kernel Panic. :)

it sounds a bit strange, because a cable must be plugged to acquire DHCP IP.

If you get an IP address starting with 169.xxx, it means that DHCP failed.

Does my old version (1.0.4) or any other driver work for you ?

it sounds a bit strange, because a cable must be plugged to acquire DHCP IP.

If you get an IP address starting with 169.xxx, it means that DHCP failed.

Does my old version (1.0.4) or any other driver work for you ?

Where can I find it? Right now am using modified Intel82566MM.kext which fails upon restart unless I delete Ethernet in Network Preferences and add again to function. By far almost all irregular Kernel Panics are caused by ethernet. :(

Where can I find it? Right now am using modified Intel82566MM.kext which fails upon restart unless I delete Ethernet in Network Preferences and add again to function. By far almost all irregular Kernel Panics are caused by ethernet. :(

Try 1.0.3, whose link is available in the first post of this thread.

Try 1.0.3, whose link is available in the first post of this thread.

It's not working at all, even tried modding it to work but to no avail. What could be possibly wrong?

When I set up Network for Intel82566MM.kext, first it automatically generates DHCP IP 169... and when I plug in cable, the real IP is shown and it gets connected to the internet. But AppleIntelE1000e.kext is unable to connect to the internet. :(

Hi, I'm currently using the kext from ktbos and it's working ok except I can't set jumbo frames.

I've tried your kext, It does let me set the frames but actually It's not working with my card (82574L PCI-E, device id 0x10d3). It is detected and I can set all the network parameters but I cannot ping anything.

Any advice? Thanks!

I just uploaded 1.2.10-1.

Though not fully tested, it works with small packets even jumbo frame is specified, at least.

It's not working at all, even tried modding it to work but to no avail. What could be possibly wrong?

When I set up Network for Intel82566MM.kext, first it automatically generates DHCP IP 169... and when I plug in cable, the real IP is shown and it gets connected to the internet. But AppleIntelE1000e.kext is unable to connect to the internet. :censored2:

Check to see if 1.2.10-1 works. If not, I will check after coming back from vacation.

Thanks! please check link to sources in readme.txt(http://osx86drivers.sourceforge.net/)

Go to source link ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/ ) and click "Develop" to show how to get the source code.

In short, use subversion as follows to get the source code ( of all the projects )

svn co https://osx86drivers.svn.sourceforge.net/sv...ot/osx86drivers osx86drivers

• 8 months later...

A new version based on 1.3.10a has been tested and uploaded ( in the first post of this topic ).

It took some time to install a working SandyBridge system on my DH67CF for testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd add my experiences with this kext as well.

In general the driver seems to work fine, however with a good amount of network traffic, I can cause it to get into a kernel panic relatively quickly. I can do this by running utorrent on mac for a download that takes a long time (try a 4 GB iso for example).

I'm running 10.6.7 with a Asus P8P67 Pro/intel 2600k cpu.

My kernel panics always have the error along the lines of "m_free: freeing an already freed mbuf"

Anyone else see this behavior?

Are there any console messages right before that ?

Let me know whether the following build makes any difference.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bgav3ib4i9gmkm6

Nothing telling in the console messages. This only happens when I use a network intensive application like uTorrent. It was happening within the first 30 minutes on a big torrent (> 10 GB) with the latest version of uTorrent, but after going back to an older version the mean time of failure is now about 6-8 hours.

I'll take a picture of the actual kernel panic next time if that helps.

Thanks for the new build. I'll try running it and see if it makes a difference.

Nothing telling in the console messages. This only happens when I use a network intensive application like uTorrent. It was happening within the first 30 minutes on a big torrent (> 10 GB) with the latest version of uTorrent, but after going back to an older version the mean time of failure is now about 6-8 hours.

I'll take a picture of the actual kernel panic next time if that helps.

Thanks for the new build. I'll try running it and see if it makes a difference.

Kernel panic occurred again, but I was unfortunately not able to capture the image. Will try to do so if it happens again, but for now this build does not fix the issue.

Kernel panic occurred again, but I was unfortunately not able to capture the image. Will try to do so if it happens again, but for now this build does not fix the issue.

I think that previous kernel panic may have been a fluke. Been running now for over 6 hours with no issues with the new build you posted. Will let you know if there are any other issues but it seems very promising.

I think that previous kernel panic may have been a fluke. Been running now for over 6 hours with no issues with the new build you posted. Will let you know if there are any other issues but it seems very promising.

Been running over 24 hours now, and no issues. Thanks for the fix!

Though I don't have the answer, I am using this kext myself regularly on DH67CF and DZ68DB.

Thanks for the answer, other user also reported is working perfectly with 82579.